Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread 2024: Suddenly, Death Guard...

Love the new world eaters mate ;)

Inspired me to get back on mine haha. They are just so damn expensive to make.

Ork arms also work quite well for these guys if you cut off their hands. Great stuff per usual!!

Love the new world eaters mate ;)

Inspired me to get back on mine haha. They are just so damn expensive to make.

Ork arms also work quite well for these guys if you cut off their hands. Great stuff per usual!!

Your World Eaters inspired how I'll be doing mine until they release a new kit (and maybe afterwards to keep some variety), so... yeah :lol:

Speaking of which (not to hijack Kraut's thread), can we get more angles of that Chaplain/Dark Apostle for yours in your thread? :lol:

Edit: And I still technically did, because new page and it's a page-topper :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Nice diorama ! There is a reaaly good sens of motion in the scene, I like it.

The Berserker in particular is really cool ! I spot the marauder shoulder plate ;)

Malchy

Kraut! Just checking in on your thread. I wanted to tell you I'm super happy you joined the CSM faction in the ETL - and with your cool Ursus Clawed Armiger Knight no less! 

Can't wait to see that guy take form. :) 

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the kind words, everyone! I hope I can make this work! :)

And I do have a first small update: Small because most of my first painting session was spent on the thankless task of darkening down the body with black wash:

chaos-armiger-pip-4.jpg

As you can see however, I did get in some painting on the Armiger's face - which is finished -

chaos-armiger-pip-3.jpg

...and the pilot, who is at least getting there:

chaos-armiger-pip-2.jpg

Oh, and while this has nothing to do with the Armiger, I also painted a Goblin Medic (a late birthday present, that last one):

medgit-1.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

So here's another Armiger update: Spent some time today blocking in the different colours on the model's "skeleton":

chaos-armiger-pip-6.jpg

chaos-armiger-pip-7.jpg

chaos-armiger-pip-8.jpg

While this may not seem like riveting stuff, the extra depth provided by the bronze detail will make quite a bit of difference on the finished model, I hope. Plus you can also get an early idea of how the bone faceplate will hopefully contrast with the red armour:

chaos-armiger-pip-5.jpg

There are no washes and highlights present on the red and bronze areas yet, by the way, so don't worry if they still seem a little flat.

chaos-armiger-pip-9.jpg

chaos-armiger-pip-10.jpg

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Dragonlover: Thanks! The head came from a Blood Slaughterer Impaler (from Forgeworld), albeit with a radically shortened neck.

@ Auggs: Oh, awesome, buddy -- you just go on guilt tripping me about bird dropping on an old garden bench that isn't even mine... ;)

Anyway, another Armiger update -- probably the last one too for this weekend, as this is about all the painting I'll be able to get in for now:

First of all, the pilot is now finished (after another round of highlights and the application of a decal on his shoulder pad):

chaos-armiger-pip-11.jpg

Work on the Armiger's "skeleton" is also just about finished. Here's a side view that shows off all the carefully added dirt, grime and lubricant ;)

chaos-armiger-pip-12.jpg

I am currently working on the chainsword arm, and the model is finally beginning to look like we are actually going somewhere:

chaos-armiger-pip-14.jpg

chaos-armiger-pip-15.jpg

chaos-armiger-pip-13.jpg