Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread 2024: Suddenly, Death Guard...

Hehehe. Yo dawg, I heard you like enthusiasm, so I put some enthusiastic enthusiasm in your enthusiasm, so you can get enthused by my enthusiasm. 

Or words of similar semantics. 

Anyway. I'm glad -nay, enthused- that you're trying new poses. I'm curious about that Khornate Cypher you just sprung on us.

Again, guys: Sorry, but no twin pistols on this guy. He just doesn't look like the type. As for a counts as Cypher, I am really a fan of building custom versions of the special characters to turn them into characters from your own company, warband or what have you, but Cypher is really the one exception to the rule: I think it's cooler to actually have a model for Cypher rather than for a Khorne Lord who can then be played as Cypher -- maybe there's just something about the character and the backstory of the Fallen that intrigues me? In any case, I am pretty happy with the Cypher model I converted a while ago (and posted on this thread, btw).

As for the newest conversion, here are the pictures of the Chaos Lord with a slightly changed pose:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/10/685915-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Khorne.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/10/685916-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Khorne.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/10/685917-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Khorne.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/10/685918-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Khorne.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/10/685919-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Khorne.JPG

Somewhat infuriatingly, the new angle doesn't really photograph that well -- it looks better if seen firsthand. But even so, it should be obvious that he looks less like he wants to hug the entire world now, wouldn't you say?

I totes -or, as seems to be the more accepted vernacular- totally understand your POV about Cypher! He looks better and has lost the 'come hither, children-vibe', but I'm still not sure about him... sorry! I guess it's that to me his pistol arm looks like he's pointing the pistol at someone or something, but he looks at a different direction. So he's not really 'aiming', does that make sense? Is it really impossible to alter the direction of his face? I was thrilled when you wrote about the cabling for his neck. Perhaps you could make a cable neck using your tentacle makers? Sorry about all this - I get it if you're frustrated about our replies - you're super excited with the cool head and everyone else is too, and then you get a somewhat negative response when you stick it on a body.... :huh.:

Cheers, guys!

@ Augustus b'Raass: I won't lie, I am a little frustrated, because I am pretty proud of the model, but everybody now seems to be shooting at that one aspect of it. I'll have to bear it like an adult, however, because I am just the same with other people -- serves me right, I guess :wink:

The head is pretty much stuck at that position now, and I have nothing but my own impatience to blame for that -- the whole neck area with the cabling does look kinda nice, though -- none of them were made with a tentacle maker, though (I don't even own one of those), but rather built with cables I had squirreled away from different kits.

Maybe the pistol hand is a problem, which leads me back to the idea of replacing it with that hand holding the severed daemonette head aloft. It's been sitting in my bitzbox for ages, so finally having found a good use for it would be cool. I just want to be sure it's actually an improvement before committing to it. Whatever hand I choose, however, it's not going to change the model's general pose. I don't think there's any way of doing that now without ruining the entire piece.

Edited by KrautScientist

Sorry buddy I'm gonna have to pitch in as well. The head fits really well with the torso but for me the arms aren't working. Do you still have the sword from the Kranon model? How about using that arm and the hand with the daemonette head? With the head in hand I think you could have a really nice relaxed yet threatening pose with his sword at rest but proof of his prowess with said head being held out as a show of power. Just my 2p. I know how frustrating it can be to have people pick your work apart and it's by no means a slight against you. Just trying to help you really nail the pose on this guy.

Something along these lines.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/9A335D58-3BD5-40E8-93C7-56D7AB66BE53.jpg

I know you're limited with poses on that model but if it doesn't work I have spare Kranon I can send you.

Edited by Biohazard

If in doubt......

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/f/f3/Chosen_of_Khorne.jpg

Look for inspiration.

Talking of the daemonette head, if you go with that, how's about the sword arm bent at the elbow, symbolicly holding the sword across his chest ? (similar yet different to the source)

Well, it's a testimony to how good of a modeler, hobbyist and Frater you are for accepting the rebukes and dealing with it. :tu: Remember: it's YOUR model. If you like it, the we can all go to hell! 

I do think the daemonette head would be a good idea - although it you really want the plasma pistol, why not go for a aiming it high, with a 90o or even a 100o+ angle in the elbow? Coupled with Biohazard's idea of using the actual Kranon sword it might work! The current sword is pretty cool though, even though the body's pose is somewhere between total (totes? :wink: ) relaxation and an passively active pose (he's standing, but not doing nothing). So I suggest trying the daemonette head first :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I don't think the original sword is an option, really. If anything, it was one of the things I most wanted to replace on this guy, not because I hate it, but because I wanted to move him away from the base model a bit. Right now, I think the daemonette head may really be my best chance, followed by some kind of pointy hand as an alternate option. Maybe the combo of the sword and daemonette head will make him look like he's taking a moment to present his newest trophy to mighty Khorne himself (or to his opponents?!). Anyway, I think that's the option I'll be trying next.

Daemonette head will probably fix it, although to be honest, I don't think anything would look wrong with this pose on the table top. The head angle issue is a small one. Sword looks much better at that angle.

Edited by Teetengee

I don't get peoples problem with the pistol.
Eyes move in a head, so the face doesn't have to point straight at the target.
He only needs one eye to see the enemy to aim, so again the face doesn't need to point straight at the target.
He has Auto-Sensors! His field of vision is increased and he has radar and the like in his helmet.
He is bad-@$$ if Batman can punch a guy behind him without having to see him then a chaos marine who may have thousands of years of combat experience can shoot someone without turning their face straight towards them.

@ Teetengee, Battybattybats & dantay_xv: Cheers, guys, but the damage has already been done: I had to change that pistol hand now :wink: In all fairness, though: He did look a bit unfocused :wink:

@ YoungWolf7: I don't quite see what the problem with turning his head would be, mate. I imagine that, in-universe, those hoses feeding into his facemask would be flexible, so they wouldn't restrict his movement. Sure, there's the massive headcrest to consider, but we are not actually discussing the practicality of CSM armour now, are we? :wink:

So, anyway, here's the model with the daemonette head:

huntmaster-korann-wip-13.jpg

huntmaster-korann-wip-12.jpg

huntmaster-korann-wip-11.jpg

huntmaster-korann-wip-10.jpg

As always, let me know what you think -- unless it involves radical changes to the model's pose or composition because, frankly, it's not gonna happen :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

Yep, head in hand looks great, and also makes sense (although I spy a mold line), fixing all the old issues. (If possible I might move that arm in just a tad(Bent at elbow), but if not, it doesn't really matter).
Next question, what is going on with that spine, from these angles it doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Teetengee

Looks a lot better... 

Is he a necron lord in disguise?? They have those spine thingamabobs.

So thats what happens when a Khorne guy and a Slaanesh girl break up, I am guessing mediation didn't work out huh?