Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Hmm, I'll be the odd one out here and say that, while your sorcerer model makes use of all kinds of great ideas, it's not quite there yet -- it does look somewhat unfinished.

The main area that needs some more work are the hips, in my opinion: The point where the torso meets the legs seems a bit wonky as is. My suggestion would be to give the model some kind of tabard (not unlike the one on the old metal Chaos Terminator lord that was released during the Medusa campaign a couple of years back). An element like that would obscure the slightly hokey hips and serve to bulk out the model. Plus it would underline the impression that we are actually dealing with a sorcerer here. The other gripe I have is that I think the right pauldron needs to be raised so as to be on the same level as the left one -- anything else will make the model strangely lopsided. And maybe you should take a look at adding some kind of iron halo / chaos star like crest to the helmet, which would work towards making the (very cool but slightly clunky) head somewhat less conspicuous. What are you planning for the left hand, btw? Some kind of staff weapon, or will the sorcerer be channeling his powers through his outstretched hand?

Anyway, I'm sorry if this sounds nitpicky, but I am really seeing a lot of promise in this model, and I think it would be even more awesome with some additional touches.

Oh, and one more remark regarding the question of mutated Alpha Legion:

Like I said before, ultimately it comes down to what you like and what you want your models to look like. That said, the fact that this approach isn't exactly backed up by the fluff surely shouldn't prevent you from going this way. But if you're going to do something like this which isn't seen all that often in the "official fluff", the best course of action would be to actually make it a part of who your AL detachment are: Invent some kind of explanation for them looking that way. Turn it from something uncommon into an actual feature of your models.

And don't forget to create some new red and bronze models every now and then, okay? ;)

Cheers kraut, the pauldrons will definately be levelled out when it is assembled, it's largely just blu-tacked together currently.

Around the head was my biggest concern, it just seemed somewhat plain but I think since leaving the model I may have some ideas. As for the hand I intend on maybe placing an orb or something in there so, as you said it has the appearance of casting a spell or channelling energy

Don't you worry though I have a couple red and bronze conversions on my desk

For the area around the head I would look at adding the upper cowl with the horned skull from the Termi lord/Sorceror kit if you still have it? I think it would add a little height to that area as I feel the bladed pauldron is rather dominating the upper torso. I have a pic of the cowl on my latest build if you're not sure of the bit I mean. I also think the raptor claw is a little delicate looking for the Termi armour. Apart from this and the other areas Kraut has pointed out I think this guy could look pretty sweet. I'd maybe also look at another set of legs if you have them? I struggled to come up with a pose I was really happy with using those legs as I find they're the most static in the kit. Just my 2p though. Looking forward to this guy and your lord finished.

Cheers bio, I do know the part you're talking about but unfortunately I don't have it, as for the legs I have the Lord legs but they're on a Lord conversion I'm working one, I've been struggling with the cowl but I did do this tonight, a cowl and haggard idea any thoughts here

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0934_zpsnthqcy21.jpg

I'm quite unsure on both.

Then I've got this guy. Unsure on the head

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0933_zpslo8m4kfi.jpg

Hmm, the cowl should be too big and clunky, but I think it works rather nicely, for some reason. The scaly tabard needs to go on the model's (lower) back instead of its front -- I'd keep the loincloth for the model's front. You're definitely on the right track, though! The cape should add some dynamism to the model, in spite of the static legs. And maybe you could use some small trinkets danging from the model's belt (flasks, pouches, a bone or two,...) in order to slightly bulk out the model's hips?

There's one thing, however - and I am quite aware that I am being insufferable here - he doesn't look all that much like an AL character to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh that is a cool looking mini. One thing I gotta comment on though, which I know is hard to find, but maybe another more dynamic hand for the Terminator Lord? Or, if it is possible, use a fine knife and cut inbetween the fingers in order to repose them more dynamicly?

Gosh that is a cool looking mini. One thing I gotta comment on though, which I know is hard to find, but maybe another more dynamic hand for the Terminator Lord? Or, if it is possible, use a fine knife and cut inbetween the fingers in order to repose them more dynamicly?

Or use the GK terminator hands. They have some open palm ones that look great casting spells, what I did with my terminator sorceror.

I was going to ask you about Alpha Legion starting ideas.

I have a deepstriking mayhem pack and, hopefully, an outflanking Prophet lord with a swuad of slaaneshi possessed.

I used to run a chosen squad of flanking alpha legionaires. What kind of ideas are you chasing?

Or use the GK terminator hands. They have some open palm ones that look great casting spells, what I did with my terminator sorceror.

Good tip, I'll have a suss

I was going to ask you about Alpha Legion starting ideas.

I have a deepstriking mayhem pack and, hopefully, an outflanking Prophet lord with a swuad of slaaneshi possessed.

I used to run a chosen squad of flanking alpha legionaires. What kind of ideas are you chasing?

Good tip, I'll have a suss
Lord with prophet and steed, flanks with a squad of possessed with banner of excess. Deepstriking mayhem pack after.

I may or may not have a drake, but the rest of the army has to be filler to help with objectives/survive the strike on the board. Preds and NMs, nurgle bikers and spawn?

Archived