Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

It pains me to compliment you on this blasphemous use of a holy Dread Knight, but……….. This looks really cool!

In regards to the shoulder pistons, have you thought about  leaving them where they are and sculpting muscles onto them? I have seen the incorporation of muscle and machine on many chaos models these days and I feel that this could work here as well.

I now have to pick up the pace on my GKs so that I can start on my NDK and banish this abomination!!!!

Nice work! I am looking forward to seeing more.

this looks awesome skrundle. i love the use of pieces and the way you've trialed certain parts to get a great looking model. looks awesome so far, just remember its a marathon not a race with painting the fella. looks good so far though, i hope you find joy in this beautifully blasphemous piece. 

i like it a lot to be honest. thanks for the thread skrundle, i was thinking of doing something similar but more machine (i'm an IW player) and my GS are no match for yours. maybe more dark mechanicus though, i love 'em. 

great thread skrundle, thank you for sharing and i'll be keeping a watchful eye on this thread for more inspiration. 

Awesome ! Thanks guys, I have to admit I found my self losing faith on this model a few times with things not working out the way I'd hoped and such, but I'm feeling good now thanks to you guys and the progress so far

@grimm as far as the shoulder pistons go I think I'm in a good place havingbrrplaced them with the heavy boltees for now, shall see how many times my mind changes on that one though haha

@ forte, funny you should mention the feet. Somehow these seem to grab my attention as well such a small part yet makes a decent impact

@leinman initially it was intended as an iron warriors piece but I got a bit carried away with the daemonics of it and felt it got too far away from machine for it to suit, I look forward to seeing what you come up with

This is looking really promising so far, you know how much I enjoy defiling grey knight machines and this going to be epic once it's finished. I'd maybe give the fleshy pieces a very light drybrush of Rakarth flesh or whatever the equivalent is, it'll help make the muscles look almost like dead flesh. Just a suggestion though buddy. Look forward to the next update.

Cheers biohazard, good to see you in here again. I agree the flesh needs that little something more. I plan to finish the model and then go around and pick up the last few highlights and such then but good advice I was trying to think of how to make it that one bit mote like dead flesh

This is definately one of those ideas I am going to have to steal (with ample warning) - for if I ever go back to my iron warriors. Looks awesome and I think that towering over a wall of cultists would look awesome and well, chaotic. Haha

I think the only issue with that quixus is getting the mask to attach and detach nicely

Anyway second arm is done now, minus the sword, I can't decide quite how to paint it, I really like the look of krautscientists blue weapons on his world eaters and I'm thinking something along that line, I think blue contrasts really well with red.

Anyway here's the pics, coming along nicely I think

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0277_zpspqmlpvcp.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0276_zpsigq3jayr.jpg

Not far from done now, sword, shoulder pads, shoulder mounted bolters and then some small accessories and such, the hardest part to come will be deciding how to base this monster

As I've said before when I'm done the whole thing will get a once over of touch ups so advice along the way is very welcome

First of all, let me say that this big guy is looking fantastic already! Amazing work! My one suggestion would be to pick out the rivets (on the faceplate as well as the various Dreadknight armour plates) in bronze as well. It's only a small thing, but I think you might be astonished by the difference it'll make!

I am, of course, honoured that you consider going for a similar colour to the one I use for the sword! In case you want to go through with it, here's a quick recipe:

1.) Mix Vallejo Halcon Milenario Turquoise (GW Hawk Turquoise or its newer version will also work) with a little black to darken the colour.
Paint the whole area with that mix.

2.) Using a thin brush, pick out the edges of the blade with the original Turquoise colour. This will obviously be much easier if the sword has serrated edges (like a Bloodletter sword or most chaos weapons).

3.) Finally, mix the Turquoise with a drop of white and slowly build up a gradient toward the tip of the weapon, adding more white as you go. Of course you can change the effect by adding more and more white or starting lower and lower towards the hilt of the sword. In my case, I just used a little white and kept the effect to the tip of the blade.

And that's it. msn-wink.gif

In any case, keep up the great work!

Archived