Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Hey buddy, a couple of things for the Termi and then the Dread Prince.

The termis looking pretty cool but the heads not really fitting at all, it is possibly to trim the horns off though so you can keep the twisted face mask that would sit a little better. If you really want him to have horns the Khorne Champ head from the CSM box has pretty cool horns and they look great when mounted on the cowl around the Termi head.

The chest piece is from the Daemon Prince Loincloth right? As it stands I don't think it's a bad addition but it does need thinned down slightly so it'll sit more like part of the armour rather than something that's been stuck on. A easy way of doing this could be using instant mold and some GS rather than filing down such a small bit. As I say I like it there but just feel as it stands it's a little too thick.

The DreadPrince is looking pretty cool one thing I learned when building my own DP is the armour plates you have on his thigh. Of you cut them where the ball meets the flat the lower (flat) piece fits perfectly on the DP shins. You could then maybe use a combination of the ball and a dread shin plate to armour the upper leg? For the outstretched arms as well a good way to show cabling etc in the armpit is if you have a Defiler ccw. The weapon itself looks gak but it's great for adding tubing etc to chaos models.

Just my 2p feel free to tell me to beat it :p

Very appreciated I was definately planning to thin the chest piece down on the Termi and still thinking I may need to buy something to get a better head

I'm definately feeling the additional armour for the legs and I think I've got those cc weapons lying around and I like the idea for armpit cabling so thanks heaps

An amazing piece! The extra attention to detail paid off tenfold, if you ask me!

I know you'll hate me for this, but the longer I look at it, the more I get the feeling the model would look EVEN MORE AWESOME if you were to add two small armour plates to the very top of the upper thighs, so as to slightly mask the transition between the techy and fleshy parts. But this is really spitballing now, so you can rest easy in the knowledge that you have a fantastic model, in any case.

Sorry for being such a pain in the backside ;)

That's an excellent idea fr a tail. Is there any way to have it wrapping around the legs maybe?

Also looking again Id try and mount it as close to te upper torso as possible to make it look more like an elongated spine?

Archived