Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Looking amazing, Skrundle! No reason why you shouldn't be happy with the sword arm, either! It looks ace!

Master of late criticism that I am, I do have two nitpicks, however:

1. Personally speaking, I'd add something to those armour panels to either side of his chest -- they just look a little barren as is.

2. I only realised that now, seeing the model in profile, but the head (or rather, the thin neck) looks a bit strange if seen from the side: Like a turtle sticking out its head, for lack of a better comparison. Maybe you should add a little more bulk to the neck and beck of the head with some cabling running from the back of the head between the dread's shoulders?

Hate to be the smart arse when everything's already painted, but I hope you'll take this as constructive crticism and not as me just spitballing what is already an amazing model!

I must admit, the bare armour panels were beginning to bother me, also it wasn't until I photographed it side on that I noticed the turtle neck haha so I totally agree and like the idea of some cabling, if you have any tips on what would work well for the empty spaces, I'm all ears

Hmm, the cables that make up the Defiler CC weapon are highly versatile for something like this. The hideous spines that come with the DE Talos/Cronos kit are also a pretty good option. Just use some of those bitz, and add some GS to make the points of connection to the rest of the model look suitably organic, and you're there.

As for the panels, Khorne icons or the humble chaos stars from the chaos vehicle sprue might work. I used a similar look on one of my own Dreads.

Hope this helps! :)

Great conversions :)

But every time I look at the latest finished one exploding out from the middle of the dreadnought... I picture him as an opened shirt 1970's ... star, wanting to desperately wear a gold medallion over his hairy chest.... hehe :D  Sorry, blame it on TV stereotyping !

Seriously though, yes, he does look a bit bare on the chest area, and any of the symbols relating to khorne would work well no doubt :)  I don't recommend you do something even on each side, definitely make it mismatched, hanging trophies on one side.

Working on a couple small things while I decide on my next big project just a couple Lord/champion conversions

First up a raptor/talon

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0403_zpswu0djpb7.jpg

secondly a standard, champion/Lord

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0404_zpssnxqzyqs.jpg

I'm starting to think however, with his leaping pose, the second may look better with a bolt pistol instead of the fist

So I haven't even painted them yet (probably tomorrow) but I'm a little bored with little minis already haha

So I have got two new ideas, it would be apparent to anyone that's been keeping an Wye on my work that I like do organic/daemonise battle engines, needless to say this was inspired by the chaos daemon engines, however I feel I can make them more daemonic/organic by kitbashing, here's my ideas (both of which should leave me with enough bitz to kitbssh some random stuff

Anyway enough blah blah, first a dragon/ helldrake

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/2_zpsr60cxabz.png

Or a slaughterbrute/maulerfiend

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/4_zpsrygfvouf.png

Thoughts

Terrorgheist/ Helldrake would be a little bit easier to integrate together than the dragon.

Likewise, due to the sheer scale of the Knight, it could only really fit on a khorne lord of skulls.

My choices for the Dragon is because I didn't like the bat/skeleton look of the gheist

And as for Lord of skulls I can't condone spending another 170 to make one model, I've already got the main bits leftover still from a soul grinder

Cheers for the thoughtts though

Archived