WarriorFish's ETL Victory Vow - Semper's Heroes

WarriorFish

Yeah, been a long tome coming but they're mostly done though so they shouldn't take long :) I'll get some more done on them tomorrow and plan to have them finished ASAP :D The project was started so long ago bolters weren't even an option for sergeants...

A fairly productive day, managed to get all the troopers to the same level of completeness:

gallery_30308_3239_69599.jpg

Just got the last details and the bases to do then I can concentrate on the HWT as that's going to take a bit of time plus I've not yet decided what I'll be doing. It's great to be back on the squad after so long smile.png

I tried taking an entire vow picture for my ETL units too but I didn't like how it turned out. They take up too much space trying to get them all in the shot so I'll try again later, but I suspect I might have to settle for the best I can get!

Cheers Sviar, I think it works well :) I'll be adding it to my Scion-vets too but I think I'll need some additional background for them, make them a special formation of some kind. I might struggle to find some decent painting time this week but since it's mostly the detail work remaining that might work out well. I can do the black on the bases where I can and save the detailed bits for the weekend where I should get some precious daylight :D

Thanks, my plan is to have the troopers done over the weekend :D The HWT will take time, so I'm not expecting to get that done this week especially since I'm still at the stage of shuffling bits around on the base and changing my mind :P

I wonder if he managed to convince a bunch of Tau to destroy themselves by forcing one to send such a signal over a devilfish vox. Not terribly popular with certain members of the inquisition he did partially make up for it by gleefully strapping the xenos to the nose of the ship and tipping it over the edge of a canyon after disabling the grav...

(Or something like that)

Another day of sun shining on the Emperor's faithful! I'll be painting for most of the afternoon so I'll have the troopers finished this weekend easily, maybe even get most of the HWT done if I don't fanny about too much deciding what to do tongue.png

Thirsty work in this heat, think I need a drink:

gallery_30308_3239_3562.jpg

No wait, that's far too small...

gallery_30308_3239_7934.jpg

Much better biggrin.png I'm surprised how well it turned out and you can even make out the tea stains inside laugh.png A pretty accurate representation of my mug I reckon if you compare them tongue.png

Thanks Nico smile.png It's from the accessories sprue from the old vehicle kits - I just cut the mug out from the bags. It went so well I think I'll be doing it again for my upcoming transport tank... tongue.png

The troopers are all but done, I'm just waiting for the bases to dry before gluing the grass on thumbsup.gif I will devote my free time tomorrow to getting as much done on the HWT as I can. You'll have to wait for pictures though as I want to show off the entire completed squad biggrin.png

Can at some point we have a tank commander in a long range leman russ just sitting back out of the tank with a cuppa in his hand? Make sure you have the highlights reflect a light source close to the horizon/table to make it look like a somewhat misty morning.

God save the Queen indeed! :D My hands are pretty shaky at the best of times but the Emperor was with me :) As for the tank commander, Kier has already done this on a Chimera :D Though I am doing a Pask so maybe I could do this too..?

I'll dig out my Commissar Lord and see what I can do to convert him a little, I can't very well not now right? :lol:

Thanks, I'm not sure when my next visit to Germany is, or where, but I don't think I'll be taking my models with me tongue.png Though it would be pretty cool to battle my way across the World!

Good work today, I've finished the HWT base smile.png I was expecting it to be a lot of work but I had already prepared the bits so it was just a matter of getting them right. Took a bit of time, but I was mostly expecting it to not work laugh.png Not bad considering I have a hang over today too.

I've put it in a spoiler just in case anyone wants to wait to see how the HWT will look as a surprise when I post up pictures of the completed squad:

gallery_30308_3239_44771.jpg

For some reason the pot exploded with sand dust or whatever it was, which is the odd coating you can see on the base. I'll let the sand set for the rest of today I think, get a bit more work done on the Lascannon and Heavy Bolter bits. Got to replace the bayonet that went missing and find a good spot for the tea mug too. It's been a long time coming but Semper's Heroes will soon be finished biggrin.png

If you do get round to another visit to the land of beer and bratwurst let me know :)

We had a similar thing on ATT where a few players met up in Berlin. It was a great experience and a chance for good chat.

Thanks Kier, I might be stealing your tank commander's mug idea soon so I'll get some more practice in on my Union Flag painting tongue.png

I visited Berlin last year during the heat wave, it was great! Tasty food and very nice people biggrin.png I do seem to have a habit of passing GW stores in my travels across the World somehow, so perhaps that's the Emperor telling me something..? I'd love to go again soon but I'll have to win the lottery first, so far it's not going so great laugh.png

I expect to have the squad finished before the weekend, the storm has finally hit proper but there's not excessive detail remaining so I won't need so much sunlight. My painting desk will have never looked so empty, but keep an eye out for more as I've got plenty of ideas I want to do - mostly inspired by comrades of the B&C's barracks thumbsup.gif

Another busy day at work, it's hard to find the time to spend on the B&C lately. Though granted I'd spend all my time at work on here if I could ;P That leaves me the evenings but that's fine for work such as this. Once again I'll be hiding the progress picture in case anyone wants a big completion shot at the end, but if you don't mind I'd like some help:

gallery_30308_3239_20891.jpg

What colour should he be? I'm not a fan of doing specific armies (always seemed a bit rubbish) so it doesn't have to be a particular one. I was thinking a deep red, but it might look too WB? Any ideas will be appreciated, otherwise I'll see what happens when I start painting (because that never goes wrong of course) tongue.png

I would keep him black, chaos undivided. If you paint him in a contrasting colour like red then he will take the attention from the guardsmen. If you go for nurgle then he blends in with the guardsmen and don't even think of pink ;)

Archived