What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I think Tycho is a great character for the BA, despite his deadness :P  He's the only character that can represent both sides of the BA coin.  And if DC Tycho is made able to join DC in the next codex, he will be a very strong HQ choice I think.

Removing Iconic characters is a bad idea. Still sad that they removed Solar Macharius and retconned his fluff to an obscure crusade.

I agree that buffs to specific armies/units are not what jump infantry needs. If jump packs gained fleet and hammer of wrath flat it would make them work. Guaranteed touchdown in your opponent's deployment zone by turn 2 with good positioning this way. Increased reliability for charge range.

Maybe even fleet on 2D6 instead of picking the highest.

I've already said my piece on assaulting from deep strike, so I won't keep beating that dead horse.  So what do you guys expect the BA Stormtalon will be?  I'm expecting a BA specific one similar to the Dark Angels Dark Talon.

I've already said my piece on assaulting from deep strike, so I won't keep beating that dead horse.  So what do you guys expect the BA Stormtalon will be?  I'm expecting a BA specific one similar to the Dark Angels Dark Talon.

I'm guessing that it will be more of a fighter than a bomber, to reflect that the Blood Angels are more about air superiority than bombing runs (and besides, they don't want to spoil the "fun" for the boots on the table). It will be an anti-flyer flyer, intended to neutralize enemy air support and then scoot around shooting at ground targets. Perhaps it will even have Hover so it can turn into a skimmer and contest objectives.

I floated the "flying close combat centurion" idea a while ago... Dude in a suit that enhanced Strength and Initiative to near monstrous creature levels, 2+/5++ armor, maybe even an extra wound or two. Deep Strike, Jump Infantry, some kind of special rule that lets it leap up to punch flyers. Squads of one to three.

If I had to take a punt on 'new unit', I'd guess something Death Company-esque. DA got 2 fliers, and an 'elite' version of their two key features in the form of Deathwing and Ravenwing Knights, along with the derpspeeder. Our big things are jump pack units, and DC... the former we already have a lot of, so some kind of nasty DC. Possibly something mutated to show the red thirst getting out of control.

If I had to take a punt on 'new unit', I'd guess something Death Company-esque. DA got 2 fliers, and an 'elite' version of their two key features in the form of Deathwing and Ravenwing Knights, along with the derpspeeder. Our big things are jump pack units, and DC... the former we already have a lot of, so some kind of nasty DC. Possibly something mutated to show the red thirst getting out of control.

I'll take a pass on mutations. Let the puppies worry about that.

If they are lame, DC terminators are probably coming.

I'll take a pass on mutations. Let the puppies worry about that.

If they are lame, DC terminators are probably coming.

Yeah, I'd rather not see any kind of mutated Astartes in the BA codex, but I'm not sure I'd like DC Terminators either.  If the new 'dex gives us 3pt jump packs like C:SM, then I will definitely run most of my DC with jump packs.  I guess a squad of DC Termies assaulting out of a Land Raider would be pretty cool though.

I wouldn't be too shocked if we got a BA terminator kit. DA, SW and GK all got one and the Space Hulk minis were very well received. However I would be shocked - and more than a little disappointed - were we to get DC terminators. Any other kit might be a more general BA marine kit as although the DC box is full of nice bits there are too many cross motifs and bits of parchment for regular marines. Maybe (finally) character resculpts as clam packs? If tthe metal/finecast phase out is truly happening they;ll have to refresh Lemartes, Tycho, Dante et al at some point. Depending on what they do with them in the codex I could see a plastic priest and/or chaplain.

Along with all the expected resculpts I would like a less boring mephiston sculpt

Dante and Mephiston are both due for new models.  I actually like the current Dante model, but I think he is overshadowed by the excellent Sanguinary Guard kit.

I want a rhino/predator chassis with a front mounted assault ramp. I want it to have upgraded front armor to represent the tactic of charging head first into battle.

I want this, too.

AV 13/12/10. Fast. No firing points, but a heavy bolter on top, upgradable to heavy flamer or multi-melta. Smoke launchers.

Archived