What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Well if the rumors are true about bouncing into another assault after winning, then I feel that vanguard vets will reign supreme and give a competitive edge to Blood Angel players.

It used to be like that, will never be like that ever again. It was the most broken thing in 40k at the time =)

I'm sitting on 10 dreadnoughts atm, if you don't mind me asking, why do you have 12?

Why not? I like dreads :)

4 heavy support dreads

3 deathcompany dreads

2 normal furioso

2 librarian furioso

1 old metal dread that I don't use and probably will never bother to paint.

and like 2 trays with various arms.

Actually I ended up with 3 black reach dreads by mistake as I placed a bid on 3 identical auctions thinking they were the same when they got bumped off the page....sweat.gif

I too hope lots of dreads are still viable. I have 1 Fragioso, 1 Siege Dread and 1 Heavy Support dread already built and painted. 1 Furioso and 1 Death Company dread under construction, one plastic Fragioso unbuilt and put in an order for another 3 Forgeworld dreads today (Siege, Heavy Support and TBC).

In fact far from merely helping us keep super-dread armies viable I want them to increase in size! 3 furioso dreads in one talon for an elite slot (like in the siege vanguard list for FW), dread HQ option (cannot be warlord), dread special character (Moriar!!). More walking tombs, I say, more!

In fact far from merely helping us keep super-dread armies viable I want them to increase in size! 3 furioso dreads in one talon for an elite slot (like in the siege vanguard list for FW), dread HQ option (cannot be warlord), dread special character (Moriar!!). 

Why not? 

Both space wolves and dark angels have vehicle HQs.

In the same way that you'd let  a Vet. Sergeant take command of a mission I think there's a case to be made for having a dread as an auxiliary HQ.

Here's a thought, we have Librarian dreads, why not Sanguinary Priest ones?

For every band aid successfully applied another band aid is administered, note these applications do not produce more band aids.

In the same way that you'd let  a Vet. Sergeant take command of a mission I think there's a case to be made for having a dread as an auxiliary HQ.

For every band aid successfully applied another band aid is administered, note these applications do not produce more band aids.

Way to unnecessary nerf the band aids! 

a reclusiarch dread would be a cool hq choice, a fearless and litaguies bubble like the sanguinors extra attack buff would be nice. Though a golden god relic contemptor sanguinary guard would be amazing with the right rules to back it up.

Sanguinius in a bottle. He'll send an OMG to the world. I hope I get my Sanguinius in a bottle.

Sanguinius in a Dreadnought. Mother of the emperor.

Eh, Sanguinius would be underwhelming in a dreadnought.  I know you're only half-serious but think about it.  Instead of a skilled, agile, winged warrior we get the same lumbering machine that Astartes use?

Sanguinius in a bottle. He'll send an OMG to the world. I hope I get my Sanguinius in a bottle.

Sanguinius in a Dreadnought. Mother of the emperor.

Eh, Sanguinius would be underwhelming in a dreadnought.  I know you're only half-serious but think about it.  Instead of a skilled, agile, winged warrior we get the same lumbering machine that Astartes use?

Permanent Wings of Sanginius and like 14F/13S/11R IWND, Fleet and other goodies. (yea i am half serious about the idea but totally serious about the concept)

My personal guesses:

1. The Blood Angels are supposed to be the Air Superiority Marines. Now that the Stormraven is no longer a Blood Angels/Grey Knights specific flyer, I predict that we will get something that flies and is unique to the Blood Angels. Perhaps it will be some sort of fighter/bomber dual kit? Jump pack centurions that can vector strike? Dreadknight-style bignasty that is a flying monstrous creature? I don't know.
  2. Price reductions across the board.
  3. Wargear and points cost changes to make our captains more viable.
  4. Relics and warlord traits... obviously.
  5. Some special rules to make our assault marines more viable as main troops, but I'm not sure exactly what. They're already quite durable with 3+ saves and access to Feel No Pain, and they already hit hard with access to Furious Charge. My guess would be some way of getting +1 (or more) Initiative. All it would take is Initiative 5 to let our assault marines beat anyone but dedicated assault forces in close combat.

No one cares about S5 attacks in combat. Who makes it into combat without a re-rollable invulnerable save these days anyway?

And 'non MEQ' targets that would even care about I5 over I4 are just Eldar Guardians. And if you think Eldar need help battling the overpowered Blood Angels Assault Marines....well.

Archived