Latest rumours:

Release Schedule

May-Wood Elves

June- 7th edition

July-Orks

August-Campaigns

September-Fantasy 9th edition starter and book

October-Blood Angels

November-Empire and Caverns of Screams (scenario book)

7th Edition and Starter Set Release rumours

40k 7th edition and the new starter kit Beachhead Stygia. It is small
kit, with only five scouts, five blood angels, a commander with jump
pack, five meganobs, 10 armoured ork shootas including a nob with
two-handed axe and 10 gretchins. There are some destroyed columns,
destroyed gothic stone walls and a three-piece stone bridge carried by
gargoyles. It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for
rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related
stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but
no blast markers.

At the same time, there will be a new starter painting kit with 10
snapfit miniatures that will bring the tactical marines from the starter
box to a full squad size and gives the ork player 5 additional boyz. It
has a 48 page booklet with additional scenarios and hobby guides,
brushes, basing sand and glue.

If the rumors that have started to pour in prove to be true it seems like I will get my wish that instead of our codex changing to try and bring us in line with the new edition, there will be a new edition that should bring assault and shooting back more in line with each other.

Oh please Emperor, let it be true!

If the rumors that have started to pour in prove to be true it seems like I will get my wish that instead of our codex changing to try and bring us in line with the new edition, there will be a new edition that should bring assault and shooting back more in line with each other.

Oh please Emperor, let it be true!

Hear, hear!

Nothing would warm fill my rage-filled heart more than more Assault-friendly Edition rules and a brand new BA Codex. Bring on the consolidation to melee back, I have some enemies of the Emperor to EAT. devil.gif

I'm glad to hear rumors of a new BA dex coming out soon-ish, but kinda worried about the 7th ed rumors.

As a BA (only) player, I haven't had a lot of reason to play the new edition much....mostly just Apoc games here and there

I really hope the rumoured BA models prove to be true. 7th/6.5 will pass me by I think, I'm simply trying to build and paint the coolest army I can and new BA bits will only help to that end. One plea, keep the chalice iconography, tabards and scroll work to a minimum please! Skulls and blood drops are a-ok, but marines shouldn't be walking libraries (sorry, but excessive scrollwork/name plates is a gripe I've had with most new marine models over the last few years).

Yeah, IF these rumors are true, I'm kinda torn about whether I should get a starter set or just buy the mini's off someone. Would hate to have to replace my 6th ed rulebook with the 6.5/7th ed version since it cost so damn much but if I end up having to replace it, I'd rather see if I can grab the starter so I have cool BA sculpts too.

I've already set aside some cash for a new BA codex + whatever new box they will introduce but having to also buy even more just to make it work is going to make me start developing eye spasms.

Yeah, IF these rumors are true, I'm kinda torn about whether I should get a starter set or just buy the mini's off someone. Would hate to have to replace my 6th ed rulebook with the 6.5/7th ed version since it cost so damn much but if I end up having to replace it, I'd rather see if I can grab the starter so I have cool BA sculpts too.

Oh...

... Guy at my club was saying they're NOT going to put a mini rule book in starter set anymore. Don't know where he heard that though.

• 4 weeks later...

Please remember that these are rumors

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

-Blood Angel will get sometime after the new starter set a codex

-There will be no new super units

-The Predator gets a new box

-besides the Baal and the other two Variants a new Weapon option

-There will be a Multi Box with Honour Guard and something he called "Blood Brothers".

via a different anonymous source on Faeit 212

had already seen the new rulebook. The cover showing Blood Angels beating Orks.

Then he said it is planned to expand the Starter Set with another Box. He was not sure but he said that this box should include more models, probably limited.

Clicky

Wonder what the blood brothers are, not like we need another variety of jump marines with our assault squads,death company,honour guard, vanguard vets and sang guard kinda taking up all the jump packs we could ever need

I can't see them taking the rulebook out and shrinking the starter set. The whole point of it was to make the game accessible to new players, who are predominantly kids. I can't see mum and dad shelling out for a £45 rulebook, a £30 codex and a full set of dice, paints, measures and templates before little Timmy has even got his hands on a single figure. Can you imagine how annoyed a parent is going to be when they discover that the £60 they spent on a new game for Timmy doesn't allo him to play a single game against other people's armies, and that they're going to have to shell out for a big rulebook too? Most people would just say thanks but no.

At the moment most parents will buy a paint set, see whether their kid sticks with it and then look at the starter set as a Christmas/Birthday present, or just something to keep hem entertained over a holiday. That's why the beefed up paint set seems like a great idea. Imagine you're Timmy's mum and dad, and you want something to kep him and brother Jimmy entertained. You pop into the 'Warhammer Shop' because the boys like all the shiny models in the window. The nice man shows you a box with two small sets of models - say five scouts and five orks - a small set of paints and a small four page booklet with some rules, all for less than the price of a new xbox game. The man shows the boys how to paint and play and they're hooked. You walk out with a paint set. If the boys are still keen you soon realise that this hobby keeps them quiet, social and even better it's artistic and helps them learn maths and strategy. For £60 each you can now buy them the box set and a codex, giving them everything they need to play a proper game, a full army each, rules and everything else. For that you get free childcare every weekend and school holiday when you're in town, a social activity for your kids and something that keeps them away from the TV or computer for a bit. That's a terrific business model right there.

ONly years later, when your child is spending every penny on plastic crack and their bedroom, not to mention our dining table is completely coated in hobby detritus do you realise your mistake... ;)

Wonder what the blood brothers are, not like we need another variety of jump marines with our assault squads,death company,honour guard, vanguard vets and sang guard kinda taking up all the jump packs we could ever need

I was thinking the Blood Brothers will be our new van vets, as we already have enough bodyguard type units with the SG and HG.

@Jolemai, was thinking the same thing!

@AGPO, I think it makes sense if you look at it this way.  The new edition is suppose to have 36 mission cards or whatever right? So my guess is the new rulebook will be a lot like the Triumph and Treachery release for fantasy.  For those of you unaware of its contents, it contains the BRB, 36 treachery cards, tokens and other good stuff.  I can't see GW forcing us to buy their 36 mission objectives cards as that would be insane, but to auto include it with the BRB at an increased price is my guess.  My guess is $100 Canadian, as that's what the T&T box costs.

The rumors said that their will be a shortened rules, probably a lot like the little pamphlet that was in the DV box.  A quick little 'heres how to play' to get new players on the basics.  The objectives cards wouldn't be completely necessary for a newcomer to learn the basics of the game, so would be excluded, along with a mini book.  I'm all for a mini book, but I'll just get a cheap back pack or something to lug around my books and dice etc.

I'm intrigued by this whole "Blood Brothers" thing. The rumor said that they are in a multi-kit with the honor guard, so we know that they aren't a replacement for the honor guard - they're something new entirely. The question is, what? The name implies a bond, a unit of dedicated warriors fighting side-by-side. The fact that they're in a multi-kit with honor guard strongly implies that they will be in power armor.

Honestly, the strongest possibility in my mind is the blood brothers are going to replace vanguard veterans, and part of the name change is the fact that they will get some kind of awesome (hopefully...) new ability.

I'm also very curious about the new weapon option for Baals that the rumor mentioned. What else could we put on a Baal that would be thematic and potentially worth it? Maybe an anti-air Baal?

I still think flying assault centurions would have been cool sad.png.

What the rumors don't mention is if we're getting access to any Codex: Space Marine toys. It's entirely reasonable to guess that we might. I wonder which, if any? Maybe we will get storm talons after all...

Re: Blood Brothers, it's worth noting that the Death Company scheme used to belong to those who had taken "the infamous Blood Oath of the Blood Angels" back in the Rogue Trader era.

The idea that blood brothers replace your vanguard vets seems like a very plausible idea to me and it would be a way of giving them there own rule set away from c:sm. also and this would be a long shot but not completely away from sanity they could be a way of making 5 sanguinary priests :) (probably wish listing there)

I'm hoping the new weapon option for the ball pred is some sort of long ranged support/artillery or maybe mount a thunder fire cannon on it or possibly a twin linked 1 :) if you wanna be cheesy

I think this latest set of BA rumours sounds a bit fishy. Mainly because of the Predator kit, we already have a very nice Baal kit and the SM release didn't have one.

Really looking forward for the BA starter set though!

I would hazard a guess that the death company is in for treatment of some sort, maybe it has something to do with 'Blood Brothers' but I suspect not.

Just that GW wouldn't introduce that 'Black Rage' kit for apocalypse if they knew the Death Company were going to be scaled down or drastically changed before long. Wouldn't they?

Archived