What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I fear anything other than what is in the current codex will be either data slates or some other pay-for-unit-rules downloadable content.

Or like imperial guard where they will get a supplement before the main codex?

Either way if you don't like the way GW are basically doing microtransactions / DLC with the rules then make sure not to buy them! No sense in complaining if you don't vote with your wallet. 

Im thinking of a doing a 20-30 question prediction challenge!  Basically take all the thoughts in this thread (well, some of them!) and pose around 30 Yes/No questions based on BA codex prediction and then as a fun exercise, seeing who gets what right!! 

Who'd be keen? :P 

I fear anything other than what is in the current codex will be either data slates or some other pay-for-unit-rules downloadable content.

Either way if you don't like the way GW are basically doing microtransactions / DLC with the rules then make sure not buy them! No sense in complaining if you don't vote with your wallet.

But not all wallets are equal!

So should they be used for voting?

soz, moral tangent!

Either way if you don't like the way GW are basically doing microtransactions / DLC with the rules then make sure not buy them! No sense in complaining if you don't vote with your wallet.

But not all wallets are equal!

So should they be used for voting?

soz, moral tangent!

some examples: 

1.  BA will have FC as a standard rule.  (Y/N).

2.  Dante will get EW. (Y/N).

3.  BA will get access to the Storm Talon. (Y/N).

4. BA will lose Heroic Intervention as it is now. (Y/N).

5. Dante will give Heroic intervention, as it is now, to all JP troops. (Y/N).

6. Sanguinary guard will get an Inv. save. (Y/N).

etc.  

can you make it as a poll? maybe there should be two? one that is what we expect and one that is what we want? same questions but possibly different answers, would be good to try and get other BA fans from places like facebook etc to come and answer as well, maybe... just maybe someone at GW would be watching :)

some examples: 

1.  BA will have FC as a standard rule.  (Y/N).

2.  Dante will get EW. (Y/N).

3.  BA will get access to the Storm Talon. (Y/N).

4. BA will lose Heroic Intervention as it is now. (Y/N).

5. Dante will give Heroic intervention, as it is now, to all JP troops. (Y/N).

6. Sanguinary guard will get an Inv. save. (Y/N).

etc.  

1: N - they'll be like it is now, requiring something to take place to gain furious charge

2: N - GW seems to be sticking to one EW per 'force' - Calgar, Lysander, Ghaz, Sammael, etc. We already have one in the Sanguinor.

3:Maybe - depends if GW wants to make us the 'air force' marines. Given their predilection for dual-kits, we'd likely get two unique fliers. If not, I can see us getting the talon.

4: Y - they seem to be ensuring that you get at least one turn of shooting before any given charge

5: N - Seems OP

6: N - points break, yes, but the lack of an Inv save seems to be a conscious decision, balanced by the jump packs.

Is that all? :P

The first one should definitely be either;

Should Dante be EW?

Or Do you want the design team to write the codex rather than Matt ward lol

For sure, but thats a completely different idea.  This is not about wishlisting or wants.  

Its about speculation on what will be in the codex.  Kinda like a whole bunch of people partaking in a friendly bet on who gets the most right come codex release! 

can you make it as a poll? maybe there should be two? one that is what we expect and one that is what we want? same questions but possibly different answers, would be good to try and get other BA fans from places like facebook etc to come and answer as well, maybe... just maybe someone at GW would be watching smile.png

We can have two threads. JamesI and myself will manage the "what will be..." thread, and one of the frater can manage (in terms of question development) the "what should be..." thread.

Just as long as they don't roll us, then most else should be a no brainer.

I still want to see some sort of rhino that allows bp/ccw marines to charge out of. Are assault marines really that broken? I mean at this point guys are lucky enough to make it past 2-3 turns of Tau shooting.

I want my blood crazed Flesh Tearers to be able to charge out of rhinos and make orks run like sissy Eldar!!!

Either way if you don't like the way GW are basically doing microtransactions / DLC with the rules then make sure not to buy them! No sense in complaining if you don't vote with your wallet. 

I haven't bought anything digital but codexes. And the last codex I bought was hard bound. I'm with you, but just stating what I see as the logical end to current product trends.

Just as long as they don't roll us, then most else should be a no brainer.

I still want to see some sort of rhino that allows bp/ccw marines to charge out of. Are assault marines really that broken? I mean at this point guys are lucky enough to make it past 2-3 turns of Tau shooting.

I want my blood crazed Flesh Tearers to be able to charge out of rhinos and make orks run like sissy Eldar!!!

If they were going to roll us, they'd have done it when Codex: Space Marines came out.

With all the rumours for a new BA codex it seems like a good time to start a blood angels force, something Ive been planning for a while now (sadly I cant start a legion force :( ). I cant wait to get me some tacticals and serve the Angel on the field. 

I'd love to see rules for Mortiar (sp?)

New models for:

Mestiphon

Curbulo

Tycho (2 versions)

Dante

I'd love Moriar the Chosen to be returned to the game.

I play a successor chapter, so my feelings are...

Mephiston: I'm going to have to convert my own, because the "standard" Mephiston is too distinctive. That said, I'd rather like a new version who is plastic (and therefore more easily modified) and, you know, better, to serve as a base.

Corbulo: I hope for a plastic version so I can lop off the chalice hand and use it for my own kit-bash version.

Tycho: Again, gonna convert my own, and the sternguard kit gave me some nifty combi-meltas, so I'm cool.

Dante: I kinda like the old Dante. I did mine with sanguinary guard wings.

If one can dream, i prefer an unseen new model for our special characters i.e.: Captain Aphael of the 2nd or Castigon of the 4rd, its strange that all de GW studio collection for the second company didnt have a proper company captain model, that would be very cool.

Archived