What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I don't agree that there should be a chance of getting nothing. Do Space Wolves have a chance to not have Counter-attack or Acute Senses? Secondly, I hate all the randomness. It makes for terrible game design especially when you have to consult a chart doing the game. What is GW so infatuated with randomness and charts?

I'm sure they'll be some downside to Red Thirst though I don't like that mechanically. I just hope it's something easy like make a Leadership test if within charge unit of an enemy or be forced to snap shot in the shooting phase. If you assault you gain Furious Charge or Rage. That would work for me.

I'd probably be okay with the approach they did for Dark Eldar, but I don't think they'll copy/paste that type or mechanic from another Codex. Also, for Blood Angels Red Thirst seems more like a unit to unit thing instead of something that affects everyone army wide.

The thirst shouldn't be only be reflected by positive rules, hence why randomness is necessary. It is supposed to represent the blood angels biggest flaw/weakness.

I'm fine with random mechanics provided it's something easy to adjudicate. The problem is that GW always comes to the "let's add another chart" decision. It's lazy design and charts are cumbersome. Secondly, not everything that's in the fluff needs to translate into the rules and there are definitely ways Red Thirst could be accomplished without using some sort of random mechanic. 

Pre Christmas though, wouldn't they want to have a rake of new models released?

Who needs new models when they can just push the Storm Raven and Baal Predators up by five quids instead?

They're not bumping up prices on old kits, just the new ones. The new Space Wolf Dread is at £33 for instance compared to the £28 for the Regular/Venerable/Ironclad/Furioso varients.

I wonder if the cover of the new Lemartes: Guardians of the Lost is the cover for our Codex? Someone over on Faeit 212 said they saw it briefly on the Games Workshop website and that it was a figure surrounded by fire, but was difficult to make out because it had the sold out logo over it. I was bored and I mocked this up in Photoshop. It looks kinda cool, but I have my doubts that it's it. Thoughts?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VUH28zPy-F8/VD8g2vtUW0I/AAAAAAAABGQ/wGRNA6Bv2KE/s1600/IsThisTheBloodAngelsCover.jpg

I sure hope not. The current guy that is doing all the cover arts for the codecies can do a much better work than that. I love his style.

Agreed. I'm a huge Ryan Swanland fan, but from what I understand he didn't do the Grey Knights Codex cover and this wouldn't be the first time we had a crappy Codex cover. Honestly, I can't remember a Blood Angels cover I liked.

I sure hope not. The current guy that is doing all the cover arts for the codecies can do a much better work than that. I love his style.

Agreed. I'm a huge Ryan Swanland fan, but from what I understand he didn't do the Grey Knights Codex cover and this wouldn't be the first time we had a crappy Codex cover. Honestly, I can't remember a Blood Angels cover I liked.

Agreed. We get the short end of the stick when it comes to codex art. I will be dissapointed if its not Ryan but I'll probably be dissapointed anyway since this is GW we are talking about here. Oh well.

I wonder if the cover of the new Lemartes: Guardians of the Lost is the cover for our Codex? Someone over on Faeit 212 said they saw it briefly on the Games Workshop website and that it was a figure surrounded by fire, but was difficult to make out because it had the sold out logo over it. I was bored and I mocked this up in Photoshop. It looks kinda cool, but I have my doubts that it's it. Thoughts?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VUH28zPy-F8/VD8g2vtUW0I/AAAAAAAABGQ/wGRNA6Bv2KE/s1600/IsThisTheBloodAngelsCover.jpg

As a devoted slayer-fan, all I can say is "RAINING BLOOOOOD!!!! FROM A LACERATED SKY!!".

Ahem. Back to business. I wouldn't mind to see the codex come out next year, actually. As long as it's worth the wait. :)

Snorri

Here's the description:

Having tracked a genestealer brood across the sector, Chapter Master Caedis of the Blood Drinkers calls upon his old allies in the Novamarines to assist in the destruction of the space hulk designated Death of Integrity. But before they can unleash their plasma torpedoes, the Adeptus Mechanicus intervene and task both Chapters with a secretive mission into the heart of the hulk. With deadly xenos creatures seemingly lurking around every corner, Caedis treads a fine line between glorious victory and the damnation of eternal bloodlust carried by all sons of Sanguinius.

I think I'm going to pick it up. Been looking for something to read.

Archived