I think legacy of the legions is a great idea, however, I would try and ensure that there's a requirement for the army to be able to take Legacy of the Legions that, (as an example)

- World Eaters - All Units must take the Mark of Khorne; At least 1 unit must be Berzerkers (minimum size 8); Warlord must have MoK; MoK on Rhinos grants Assault Ramps, Possessed (30 pts) - Mark of Khorne on Terminators, Chosen, Raptors, Bike Marines CSM grants additionally - 4+ Deny the Witch, Fleet; Chain Axes grant Rending; Cannot take Forgefiends, Heldrakes, Warp Smiths, Vindicators, Havocs, Cultists, Warp Talons, Obliterators; May only Ally with Daemons with Mark of Khorne

I think Legion Tactics should really focus on the flavour of the Legion, but deny you other juicy options to make up for it?

Creating unit restrictions puts too much of a limit on individual players to express their personal take on a warband, IMO. In my scheme you have the Legacy, but it only applies to squads that have VotLW, so it represents a hard core within the warband, as opposed to making whole warbands fit into a predetermined shape.

I agree here too, putting to many limits on what units can be taken is less than favorable. If any thing those units that are less used in the specific legion could be limited. For example, Havoc squads could be limited to 0-2 per World Eaters Legion list or they could be limited in their wargear such as they are not allowed to take heavy weapons.

I think legacy of the legions is a great idea, however, I would try and ensure that there's a requirement for the army to be able to take Legacy of the Legions that, (as an example)

- World Eaters - All Units must take the Mark of Khorne; At least 1 unit must be Berzerkers (minimum size 8); Warlord must have MoK; MoK on Rhinos grants Assault Ramps, Possessed (30 pts) - Mark of Khorne on Terminators, Chosen, Raptors, Bike Marines CSM grants additionally - 4+ Deny the Witch, Fleet; Chain Axes grant Rending; Cannot take Forgefiends, Heldrakes, Warp Smiths, Vindicators, Havocs, Cultists, Warp Talons, Obliterators; May only Ally with Daemons with Mark of Khorne

I think Legion Tactics should really focus on the flavour of the Legion, but deny you other juicy options to make up for it?

Creating unit restrictions puts too much of a limit on individual players to express their personal take on a warband, IMO. In my scheme you have the Legacy, but it only applies to squads that have VotLW, so it represents a hard core within the warband, as opposed to making whole warbands fit into a predetermined shape.

I agree here too, putting to many limits on what units can be taken is less than favorable. If any thing those units that are less used in the specific legion could be limited. For example, Havoc squads could be limited to 0-2 per World Eaters Legion list or they could be limited in their wargear such as they are not allowed to take heavy weapons.

Khorne's Legions are those who have and use the MOST Deamon Engines, nearly 80% of active Deamon engines are Khorne's, so having no deamon Engines in a World Eaters army, its bollocks.

You could limit havocs to 0-2, no necesarly a restriction on heavy weapons though, 2nd Ed WE was really keen on heavy weapons, with the units of Teeths of Khorne, WE maniacs who loved to cause mayham and destruction in the loud noise of heavy weaponry.

For +2pts the Rending Chainaxe, it would be worth it.

Also ONE squadron of CSM Bikes with the MoK, can exchange for +15pts a model their bikes for a Juggernaut.

Also , Chosen squads with the approriat MArk can be taken has bodyguards for a Lord, they count as ONE single HQ choice, one of the Chosen can be nominated Alchemist, for +15pts, he gives FnP(5+) to the models squad while he is alive, and at the beginning of the CSM player movement phase he can choose to give to his unit OR one friendly unit in a 12" one of the following rule, this rules last until the beginning of the next CSM player movement phase;

- Rampage

- Poisoned(4+)

If the Lord has a Jump-pack,  the Chosen can take jump-packs for +10pts per model, if the Lord is mounted on a bike, the Chosen can aslo be mounted on bikes for +10pts per models, if the Lord is mounted on a Deamonic Steed, the Chosen can ride the same Deamonic Steed for +15pts per models.

Change pts cost of Special Weapons and CCW for Chosen, like 10pts for Power weapons, 15 for Powerfist, Flamers for free, meltas and plasma for 5pts.

I'm opposed to the legacy thing as it is suggested, mostly because chaos warbands does not operate like loyalist strike forces.

Sure, a warband can consist of a single legion, but it can also consist of a mish-mash of legions and renegades. An army wide rule like this is very limiting, and I would rather see something centered on the warlord instead. In a chaos warband, the warlord is the glue that holds the ship together. Sure there are always a starscream or two plotting in the shadows, and sometimes they manage to assasinate/defeat the current lord and become the new master, but the marines loyal to the old lord would need to be purged or they'd make a run for it, or perhaps even carry out a revenge civil war on his behalf...or something.

Warbands aren't without their internal factions (even in unified legions), and though they might all be with the same loyalties and legion, they also might not be. Give the warlord something special instead, like the option to buy a "legion legacy" thing, a path of the champion or whatever. Imho, that would be a better way of handing the situation without forcing the warband to consist of the same legion.

...also, there needs to be a benefit of not taking a mark, like making chosen troops...

...also, there needs to be a generic "upgrade" for a weapon to a daemon variant. 10-16 points or something to make a character's weapon have the "daemon weapon" rule? And why not let warp talons and possessed champions be able to buy this for their ccw?

Khorne's Legions are those who have and use the MOST Deamon Engines, nearly 80% of active Deamon engines are Khorne's, so having no deamon Engines in a World Eaters army, its bollocks.

I don't know where you're getting your statistics, but that is plain BS. I would wager over any other legion, the Iron Warriors have the most daemon engines. There is no way a bunch of gibbering berserkers have the know how, let alone the infrastructure to build a daemon engine, let alone bind one which requires sorcery. And since Khorne, in his infinite wisdom devoures psykers, I would say the actually binding rituals would be impossible for a World Eater to accomplish.

Aaah when people don't know what they talk about.

World Eaters are mercenaries, they get paid or capture or steal weapons, artifacts and engines, Khorne is the God with the Most Dedicated Deamon Engines, its a fact.

World Eaters Lords buy/exchange slaves, artifacts and other trivial things to the Dark Mech to get a hold of thoses Engines.

And While Khorne forbid the use of Magic to kill, because the only way to kill is in combat with your own strength, he certainly tolerate the use of Magic to create chaos Artifacts and Weapons and Engines.

From where do you think comes the Lord of Battles, Lord of Skulls, Skull Towers, Brass Scorpions, Blood Slaughterers, Gore Slaughterers, Blood Couldrons, Exterminators, Banelord, Soul Harverster, and Thundercannons and Khorne's Cannons.

And that is without even counting Defilers, Soul grinders and Fiends.

Khorne ; 12 Deamon Engines

Slaanesh; 5 Deamon Engines

Nurgle;  2 Deamon Engines

Tzeentch; 3 Deamon Engines

So dare to say that Khorne isn't the God with the most Deamon Engines on the Market?

So like i said a restriction on Deamon Engines when playing a WE warband, is bollocks.

I agree that restricting engines of war for khorne contradicts the fluff, and only serves to restrict khorne to a rather boring, one-dimensional concept.  Khorne isn't just frothing berserkers, but also disciplined warriors, cunning tacticians, and devastating war engines, straightforward melee should be an option for Khorne flavored armies, but it shouldn't be the only one.

Khorne isn't just frothing berserkers, but also disciplined

warriors, cunning tacticians, and devastating war engines,

straightforward melee should be an option for Khorne flavored armies,

but it shouldn't be the only one.

What is better one good WE berzerker list that people want to play or a good one good raptor list or technicly multiple khorn or NL lists that suck and people force themselfs to play them [mostly because there is nothing else] ?

Archived