++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

On another note, our ability to field standard CSM in big phalanxes has increased:

Dark Apostle prayers = -1 to be hit, 5+ Invuln, +1 to hit with shooting.....also DA basic leadership buff.

In Midnight Clad = -1 to be hit.

Can stack with other buffs like wound ignore from Slaanesh Psychic powers, +1 Invuln from Tzeentch or -1 to be hit from Nurgle.

Noctilith Crown (for the name alone, I mean come on....) Invuln buff

Beta Bolters

Prescience, Warp Time for further bonuses and increased movement on foot.

Sounds like we're going to be in business if we want to run big Terror Squads......at least up to two it looks like. I'm thinking 17 bolter dudes, 2 of the new Chaincannons, then champ with a Combi-Bolter and whatever else he needs. That could be pretty scary.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

So i was thinking. Night Lords have a lot of focus on their Ld debuffs, but are there any way that demon engines contribute to that? I know of the butcher cannons, but is there anything else?

If I remember correctly the Heldrake has a fear aura, although I cannot remember the specifics.

On another note, our ability to field standard CSM in big phalanxes has increased:

Dark Apostle prayers = -1 to be hit, 5+ Invuln, +1 to hit with shooting.....also DA basic leadership buff.

In Midnight Clad = -1 to be hit.

Can stack with other buffs like wound ignore from Slaanesh Psychic powers, +1 Invuln from Tzeentch or -1 to be hit from Nurgle.

Noctilith Crown (for the name alone, I mean come on....) Invuln buff

Beta Bolters

Prescience, Warp Time for further bonuses and increased movement on foot.

Sounds like we're going to be in business if we want to run big Terror Squads......at least up to two it looks like. I'm thinking 17 bolter dudes, 2 of the new Chaincannons, then champ with a Combi-Bolter and whatever else he needs. That could be pretty scary.

Orks: DAKKA DAKKA!

Eldar: Can't touch this!

Chaos Space Marine Blob: Hold my beer!

I'm starting to think about this approach as well as I much prefer to use Astartes over the meatbag serfs and mortals. The mental image of a huge squad of Night Lords with their bolters and reaper chaincannons roaring just looks so awesome in my head.

Is it okay to use Haarken Worldclaimer as a Sorcerer with Jump Pack?

Depends on the environment (casual games with friends or tournaments etc) and whether you want to actually make him look like a Sorcerer and with proper weapons etc or not. ^^

They did change it, but i think it has more to do with how they highlight it rather than with what.

That said, has anybody here used night lords with a focus on ld debuffing? What did you think of it? What did you use?

As far i can see we have the staples, raptors, icons of depair and decimators/contemptor with a butcher cannon or 2. But then we can add slaaneshi daemons to do mortal wounds based on ld, lord of terror, etc.

Do you feel that you can reliably put 2+ units in an iffy position where you force your opponent into trying to figure out where to use his auto pass stratagems?

I've got a box of the new CSM and a box of Havocs coming to finally give my Night Lords a good core of marines. It's inspired me to start getting my Dark Vengeanc marines painted as well, finally!

Nicely done. Inspiration's been hitting me as well. That Lord Discordant just begs for a Night Lord paint job.....and I think I'm going to run him with 3 Hades Autocannon Heldrakes since he'll actually make the guns less garbage when they move.....and more importantly, him riding out with 3 Drakes around him will look like something crazy out of The Night Begins to Shine. LOL.

I've got a box of the new CSM and a box of Havocs coming to finally give my Night Lords a good core of marines. It's inspired me to start getting my Dark Vengeanc marines painted as well, finally!

Nicely done. Inspiration's been hitting me as well. That Lord Discordant just begs for a Night Lord paint job.....and I think I'm going to run him with 3 Hades Autocannon Heldrakes since he'll actually make the guns less garbage when they move.....and more importantly, him riding out with 3 Drakes around him will look like something crazy out of The Night Begins to Shine. LOL.

I was thinking the same about the Lord Discordant, especially with him having a chainglaive. A headswap to make him more Night Lordsy and lightning all over him would look fantastic. Do you actually have the 3 heldrakes? If you do then well done going through the torture of painting 3 of them! lol.

I'm working on another 2 DV marines now. For some reason my colour palette seems to leaning into Slaanesh, woops!

I was thinking the same about the Lord Discordant, especially with him having a chainglaive. A headswap to make him more Night Lordsy and lightning all over him would look fantastic. Do you actually have the 3 heldrakes? If you do then well done going through the torture of painting 3 of them! lol.

I'm working on another 2 DV marines now. For some reason my colour palette seems to leaning into Slaanesh, woops!

I actually do have the 3 Heldrakes. One is done, the other two are base coated. I use a metallic paint pen on the trim, so it's not going to be as bad as it sounds.

I have one Jump Pack Lord done with The Claws of the Black Hunt. I'm working on another Lord, which will be the Obsidius Mallex model with some Possessed wings and a different head. Hammerlord FTW. Already got a Jump Sorcerer. Adding an Apostle, Exalted Champ, and the Discordant. Then there will be 10 Warp Talons (half done), 15 Raptors in one unit as mobile screen/multi-charge disruption. 2x5 CSM with no upgrades to hug objectives, 1x5 CSM with two Plasma Pistols and a Chainaxe in a Dreadclaw with the Apostle, his Dark Disciples, and the Exalted Champ. Added to the Drakes it should be fun and mobile. Plasma pistols all over the place plus heavy hitting CC that can actually threaten big vehicles.

The Drakes are of course for fun. I have no illusions about their effectiveness. If it came to that, I'd replace them with Oblits or more Raptors with Plasma or Melta.

Shadowspear and the Chaos refresh are pulling me back into the hobby, so I'm working on desecrating something

zFM1E6u.jpg

This is amazing what bits were used?

It looks like Guilliman as the basis, a Greater Possessed's hand, loincloth from the Daemon Prince, and some assorted chaos bits and bobs.

Speaking of Night Lords, while I originally planned on doing Word Bearers as my Undivided marines, I decided to go with Night Lords instead.

And here's the model that made me realize it, my Greater Possessed based Jump Pack lord:

iLKytgN.jpg

8Eyuwp9.jpg

I'll be using some Crypt Horror wings for his "jump pack".

Now, I want to know. Anyone use a melee Leviathan? As I'm planning on getting a Contemptor to have the Dual Butcher cannons. Plus, I just love the idea of a Leviathan running around and tearing things apart very, very messily.

Shadowspear and the Chaos refresh are pulling me back into the hobby, so I'm working on desecrating something

zFM1E6u.jpg

This is amazing what bits were used?

It looks like Guilliman as the basis, a Greater Possessed's hand, loincloth from the Daemon Prince, and some assorted chaos bits and bobs.

Speaking of Night Lords, while I originally planned on doing Word Bearers as my Undivided marines, I decided to go with Night Lords instead.

And here's the model that made me realize it, my Greater Possessed based Jump Pack lord:

iLKytgN.jpg

8Eyuwp9.jpg

Now, I want to know. Anyone use a melee Leviathan? As I'm planning on getting a Contemptor to have the Dual Butcher cannons. Plus, I just love the idea of a Leviathan running around and tearing things apart very, very messily.

This looks ace. Might steal it. 

Yeah, I've used a melee leviathan with siege claws. He's pretty nasty, but I've only played the 1 game with it. I whiffed a lot of the rolls, (a highly unlikely amount of 1's) though he would have shredded otherwise. I recommend magnetizing the cannons/arms on levis.

This looks ace. Might steal it. 

Yeah, I've used a melee leviathan with siege claws. He's pretty nasty, but I've only played the 1 game with it. I whiffed a lot of the rolls, (a highly unlikely amount of 1's) though he would have shredded otherwise. I recommend magnetizing the cannons/arms on levis.

Feel free to.

And I was thinking of Siege Claw/Siege Drill to give a decent melee threat range. And I'm thinking of magnetizing the arms, but I need to find magnets of the right size and strength before I try that :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

I actually do have the 3 Heldrakes. One is done, the other two are base coated. I use a metallic paint pen on the trim, so it's not going to be as bad as it sounds.

I have one Jump Pack Lord done with The Claws of the Black Hunt. I'm working on another Lord, which will be the Obsidius Mallex model with some Possessed wings and a different head. Hammerlord FTW. Already got a Jump Sorcerer. Adding an Apostle, Exalted Champ, and the Discordant. Then there will be 10 Warp Talons (half done), 15 Raptors in one unit as mobile screen/multi-charge disruption. 2x5 CSM with no upgrades to hug objectives, 1x5 CSM with two Plasma Pistols and a Chainaxe in a Dreadclaw with the Apostle, his Dark Disciples, and the Exalted Champ. Added to the Drakes it should be fun and mobile. Plasma pistols all over the place plus heavy hitting CC that can actually threaten big vehicles.

The Drakes are of course for fun. I have no illusions about their effectiveness. If it came to that, I'd replace them with Oblits or more Raptors with Plasma or Melta.

Nice that sounds like it will be a really fun hard hitting force, I'd love to see the look on your opponents face once that dreadclaw and all the Raptors and Warp Talons come in, it would look epic!

Small update but I finished off the 3 Dark Vengeance marines I was working on. Got about 6 more of them including a couple of bolters, power axe, icon and a couple of chainswords and then they are all complete. Then I can move onto the new CSM box and Havocs to flesh out my core marine troops.

More Dark Vengeance sculpts completed as my Night Lord's Chosen

Edited by Midnight Brotherhood