++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Lastly, any reviews on the French NL novel?

Now I'm picturing a Night Lord with a beret on his head, a striped shirt over his armor and a baguette of bread tucked under his arm as he twirls his thin, curly mustache with one hand and sips a glass of fine wine with the other.

First, sign my poodle, s'il vous plait!

Then cover your eyes when the Terran (Frankia is on Old Earth, I recall?) shows you what a NL can do with a beret, some striped cloth and a baquette....I will hold the wine glass in the mean time ;)

7/10s a good score for a short. i'll have to check it out. I had always wondered about the VIII legions approach to psykers given the underlying anti-witch nostraman sentiment echoes in other HH stories.

-skrall

Just finished it for the second time.

It's teasingly, frustratingly short, like most good BL short stories, but I suppose that just means there will be more call for a follow up. 

I loved it and I want to be Calliope when I grow up. 

I definitely only changed bottles. If you look closely, I'm even trying to smile.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac116/incinerator950/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_10200-20141025_204739351423666_zpsaf3f1675.jpg

So anyway, I have some noise marine bits coming in thanks to another member.

Edited by incinerator950

With the amount of Awesome Night Lords stuff, the Temptation is becoming stronger...

Luckily, not irresistible since the awesome is also a slight deterrent :p 

I always have to pour it out into a glass, but then again when I'm painting I'm drinking a stout (A beer's quality is judged by how long your car keys can float on the head).  Many a bottle of 8-Ball have gone into the 17th Company and all the other units on these 3 shelves above me.

7/10s a good score for a short. i'll have to check it out. I had always wondered about the VIII legions approach to psykers given the underlying anti-witch nostraman sentiment echoes in other HH stories.

-skrall

Indeed. I can say that the short story was as sweet as it was brief. I am not particularly enamored of the Night Lords but I like to read about chaos or pre chaos legions. The story had some elements which I liked, namely a depiction of the Albian vaults and perhaps an even more cruel existence than that on Nostramo. It lends well to the theory that the Terrans and the Nostramans were just two different sides of the coin and It plays on the animosity between the subfactions. All in all the Night Lord used his psychic powers in the exact way as I have envisioned the VIIIth would do and this supports my theory that the NL are one of the premier Telepathy users among the legions, though not as proficient as the Alpha Legion or the Thousand Sons, but impressive still.   

So yeah my vote stands at least for me. My only critique is that it was too short and that I wanted to read more about the Terran Night Lords and the dark underground hell that spawned them. 

-skrall

Haven't read it yet, but as for the VIII approach to Psykers, During the Council of Nikaea (keeping it brief to not spoil anything) a Night Lord Librarian is present and  represents the Legion being Pro Librarians/Psykers. :P 

I wouldn't necessarily say that they're particularly favouring telepathy over any other of the psychic disciplines practiced by the Legions at that time - a lot of psychic proficiency is down to innate ability (think John Grammaticus and his logokine powers) rather than meticulous training in much the same way that a warrior who is more comfortable fighting with a spear will certainly be capable wielding a sword if necessary but will invariably use the spear given the opportunity. I'd say that everything is used by them, it just so happens that with Telepathy it provides another outlet for their particular brand of philosophy, feeding Nightmares is an ingenious way of engineering fear after all but equally there's Telekines slowly peeling the skin away, biomancers gradually transmuting the blood in veins to acid, pyromancers melting limbs etc etc etc. 

Also the character in this short story IS the same one who appeared at the Council of Nikea. 

He is!? Glad to hear! I was curious about him when he showed up in A Thousand Sons ..... and then he didn't even speak <_<

We don't need to speak to be scary ^_^

But I know what you mean. I remembered reading Thousand Sons and hoping that he would pop back up again. I have a slight librarian obsession (and topknots and Frozen and...) so I thought this was super cool.

I wouldn't necessarily say that they're particularly favouring telepathy over any other of the psychic disciplines practiced by the Legions at that time - a lot of psychic proficiency is down to innate ability (think John Grammaticus and his logokine powers) rather than meticulous training in much the same way that a warrior who is more comfortable fighting with a spear will certainly be capable wielding a sword if necessary but will invariably use the spear given the opportunity. I'd say that everything is used by them, it just so happens that with Telepathy it provides another outlet for their particular brand of philosophy, feeding Nightmares is an ingenious way of engineering fear after all but equally there's Telekines slowly peeling the skin away, biomancers gradually transmuting the blood in veins to acid, pyromancers melting limbs etc etc etc. 

Also the character in this short story IS the same one who appeared at the Council of Nikea.

It is neat to think of all the cool, twisted ways the 8th could come up with to utilize all of the psychic disciplines. I think an 8th legion pyrokine is in my near future ^_^

I know, I actually had you in mind when I thought of the original idea a few weeks back.

I'm getting slightly worried that we're completely on the same wavelength with everything we've been bouncing off each other the last couple of weeks....

I'm going with a "mind-ripper". Using telekinesis, he lobotomizes certain parts of the brain, allowing for a much easier outside influence, and then he telepathically puppets them into killing their allies while still being fully cognizant of their body betraying them.

I'm going with a "mind-ripper". Using telekinesis, he lobotomizes certain parts of the brain, allowing for a much easier outside influence, and then he telepathically puppets them into killing their allies while still being fully cognizant of their body betraying them.

This. Just. So. This

This. Just. So. This

Ooooh... I like that idea. Sounds like an evil drow sorceress I played in my Dungeons and Dragons days.

Not a fan of Child of Night to much in a short Novel. Plus in the confrontation he'd have died before he touched a certain NL. It has potential to shed light on an interesting character but not holding my breath.

more HH focus on Sevatar please and thank you