The Infernal Guard - Bikernauts

Adra'Melek

You aren't wrong about the Khan, however the others have genetic origins. Russ was made with canine DNA, according to Deliverance Lost, while Vulkan's geneline has a melanochrome organ mutation that causes their bodies to overcompensate against radiation and to retain the resultant physiological changes even when no longer affected by the radiation.

You aren't wrong about the Khan, however the others have genetic origins. Russ was made with canine DNA, according to Deliverance Lost, while Vulkan's geneline has a melanochrome organ mutation that causes their bodies to overcompensate against radiation and to retain the resultant physiological changes even when no longer affected by the radiation.

How do you mean when you say Russ was "made with canine DNA"? I figured the Canis Helix might have been a mutation partly from Russ adapting to Fenris but mostly from an piece of fluff I read somewhere that Fenris's earliest human settlers (from whom the tribes descend) modifying themselves with Canine DNA to better survive in Fenris's enviroment. As for Vulkan I thought the melanchrome organ mutation was just the result of his genetics mutating from Nocturne's radiation?

There was some sort of event, can't remember what exactly, where some insight was gained into the gestating primarchs. One had been spliced with canine DNA (Russ) and one had been made unyielding or something like that (Perturabo). Was it when Corax went to the gene lab?

Aye, Thunor. Either there, or at Deliverance when they started looking at the data. A lot of them were hinted at at, and some were directly labeled. Really pushed the idea that there was some greater plan to their creation. Nobody makes the effort to so individualize them with such specific genetic variations without some kind of point to it.

SR: The onyx skin and red eyes of the Salamanders is due to the unique Nocturnean radiation interacting with their mutated melanochrome organ. It's not one then the other, but both together. But that's the last I will say on the matter, because this should be about Thunor's models.

Aye, Thunor. Either there, or at Deliverance when they started looking at the data. A lot of them were hinted at at, and some were directly labeled. Really pushed the idea that there was some greater plan to their creation. Nobody makes the effort to so individualize them with such specific genetic variations without some kind of point to it.

For :cuss and giggles?

SR: The onyx skin and red eyes of the Salamanders is due to the unique Nocturnean radiation interacting with their mutated melanochrome organ. It's not one then the other, but both together. But that's the last I will say on the matter, because this should be about Thunor's models.

Who will all be wearing helmets to hide their hideous, scarred visage, and therefore, due to the fundamentals of quantum mechanics, will have all skin tones simultaneously.

Back on topic, I'll try and get one of the Pyroclast 'finished' off tomorrow, or possibly the next night as my wife has an assignment due that she wants my help with and she always leaves it to the last minute...but it does mean she'll be malleable to suggestion due to gratitude (is it sad I will be using that to get more models?)

Back on topic, I'll try and get one of the Pyroclast 'finished' off tomorrow, or possibly the next night as my wife has an assignment due that she wants my help with and she always leaves it to the last minute...but it does mean she'll be malleable to suggestion due to gratitude (is it sad I will be using that to get more models?)

Right-o, apologies for the threadjack.

Hey I'm happy. It boosts my post numbers ;) Plus it is kind of related as the exact 'look' of the Legion isn't 100% formalised and these discussions can help me get it clear in my head.

I could do with coming up with a new name for the Pyroclasts (or not). Also want a unique squad symbol, I was thinking of a vague Khornish skull rune, far enough away not to be clear but close enough to regocnisable. Perhaps introduced by some of Sanguinius' fellas into the Promethean cult. I see the Pyroclasts as well on their way down, pyromaniacs with knives and looking like well done steak due to self immolation.

Finally, according to Wikipedia Adra'Melek supervised Satan's wardrobe. So perhaps we can fit something like this in for Corax?

The Prometheans, bringers of fire? Obvious tie to canon, yet seems like something that would be present in plain Nocturnean culture and I like appropriating 'good' things and making them evil.

But that really only fits if there is no Promethean Cult, so eh.

Hey I'm happy. It boosts my post numbers msn-wink.gif Plus it is kind of related as the exact 'look' of the Legion isn't 100% formalised and these discussions can help me get it clear in my head.

I could do with coming up with a new name for the Pyroclasts (or not). Also want a unique squad symbol, I was thinking of a vague Khornish skull rune, far enough away not to be clear but close enough to regocnisable. Perhaps introduced by some of Sanguinius' fellas into the Promethean cult. I see the Pyroclasts as well on their way down, pyromaniacs with knives and looking like well done steak due to self immolation.

Finally, according to Wikipedia Adra'Melek supervised Satan's wardrobe. So perhaps we can fit something like this in for Corax?

Holy censored.gif , I thought you were just taking the mick when you said about that supervising Satan's wardrobe part but I just looked it up. Wow, those ol'priests thought of everything huh?

Okay, so, going off that, perhaps Adra'Melek has a magnificent suit of armour comissioned for his brother Corax as a sort-of congratulatory present after he is voted Warmaster? This same armour is then worn by Lanista during the Coup (possibly being enhanced at some point by Sanguinius using sorcery) and after his death is inherited by the future Warmaster?

Gotta love Wikipedia. Anamelech. In one article, the melech means king. In the other, anu means king.

So Adra's partner deity is named King-King?

Anywho, I liked the idea of them being the deities of this twin city, which made me think of combining the volcano and the underground Circles of Nocturne into one. A Fortress-Monastery that essentially replaced a volcano, but is itself a volcano, with extensive subterranean environments branching out from it. Very hellish theme.

Edit: I was iffy about him giving his Warmaster a suit of armor, because he isn't the craftsman that Vulkan is. But maybe he doesn't have to be. The Legion's "hell smiths" could be the ones who actually make it. Forged from volcanic rock in the heart of a world.

What about Baal Adra'Melek which means Lord King Adar? There's a word for it which I can't quite remember. Like for the River Avon which means river river (Avon being welsh for river). I think there's something like Bryntor Hill, which is hill hill hill :)

Just googled Adra'Melek to find stuff and I can't across the alternative heresy stuff pretty quick :)

I like the idea of mount deathfire (?) being the stronghold. Perhaps an orbital strike on it ends up rupturing the planet, destroying Nocturne e.

Mostly, I just like the idea of the Legion completely dismantling the volcano in the act of building their fortress upon its roots, while still being capable of acting as a volcano, with semi-regular eruptions and everything.

And I remembered that you wanted there to be eight Circles, so I though merging the underworld, whatever it is called, could subtract it from the canon nine Realms.

Mostly, I just like the idea of the Legion completely dismantling the volcano in the act of building their fortress upon its roots, while still being capable of acting as a volcano, with semi-regular eruptions and everything.

And I remembered that you wanted there to be eight Circles, so I though merging the underworld, whatever it is called, could subtract it from the canon nine Realms.

Ha! Sounds like a Bond Villian Lair! laugh.png Perhaps as part of the XIV's whole "resilience" obsession perhaps the interior of their Fortress-Monastary is always unbearably hot due to the whole BEING BUILT INTO A FRIGGIN VOLCANO thing. With pools and rivers of magma flowing through and built into the design of the structure, something along the lines of the Mines of Erebor from the second Hobbit film but with the Dwarven bitz replaced with skulls and stuff.

Hold on a second. Didn't Mortarion canonically invent a crude form of power armor on his homeworld, to enable the warriors of his original Death Guard to journey into the mists and fight the necromancers?

If Melek grows up in the more artificer/metalworking culture of Noctrune, I can see him being pretty handy at making weapons and armor.

Edit: I was iffy about him giving his Warmaster a suit of armor, because he isn't the craftsman that Vulkan is. But maybe he doesn't have to be. The Legion's "hell smiths" could be the ones who actually make it. Forged from volcanic rock in the heart of a world.

That's what I meant.

Hold on a second. Didn't Mortarion canonically invent a crude form of power armor on his homeworld, to enable the warriors of his original Death Guard to journey into the mists and fight the necromancers?

If Melek grows up in the more artificer/metalworking culture of Noctrune, I can see him being pretty handy at making weapons and armor.

I believe it was breathing apparatus, to survive the fumes more commonly encountered around the overlords' based of power/influence.

But valid point.

Perhaps Adra'Melek could have crafted something similar, but what? Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/50548c70d854cea8ad97b20fa0fa3dfb.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/50df2ead8100891c6a7b72a9d5217c6c.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/85b2a7b6966606b8b667307f7f53cdfb.jpg

I've got a soot weathering powder I was going to try out (which is why his flame projector is a bit shiny) but can't find it at the moment.

And because I think he got gobbled

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/784e76b304f7be2358cbc262d01b3ad7.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/febaceecfc7c0ec19241ff125dd061fa.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I've done my first Volkite. Reasonably happy with the weapon. Might put a bit of magma on his chest but I like the largely 'bland' look. It fits with the 14th in general. Photos are bit dark as I'm at my parents. I have a week while the wife is in Crete with her mum while I try and get into the paint mode again.

As just found out that one of my Iron Armour sets was missing arms. The order was from May but those awesome guys at Forge World have already said they post out spares (that's after me e-mailing them on Saturday when I found out).

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/a80a4d9b1c49a8cd0f86c7f7bdd936ab.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/ca9aa03a692bc03816bb513eec4fd258.jpg

I have a new paint scheme for the Prometheans (Pyroclasts) as shown below (original is further up this page).

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/9b8cd9f19ced617a482b94012ff9ba18.jpg

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/6bf261ab3d2a950f4c7de9363e0f8a2c.jpg

I'd like to do something akin to the scales in here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/105449-painting-magmatrax-tutorial/

But I've tried it before and I don't seem to have the skills yet. Thoughts?

Oh wow, that is awesome, it really stands out from the ashen grey-black of the rank-and-file Marines. Plus it ties in with the colours of the Chaplains, maybe the Prometheans act as the Chaplains' honour guard on the battlefield?

I think it's going to be the colours of the 8th Circle. So the Chaplains, Ohidorans (Firedrakes), Prometheans, Veterans and some Characters. I think I'll do the third Comtemptor in it as well (based on Salamander Contemptor rather than Death Guard one)

Archived