How about one of each, one with chain cutlass and spiked buckler and the other with a brace of massive calibre revolver like the ones used by members of the order before the big E went to Caliban and they got bolt weapons (empire range might have something suitable)

• 1 month later...

Hi all. So a quick update from me. For a variety of reasons, I've decided that when I finish my current project,  I'm going to leave the hobby permanently.

In the coming weeks, I’ll be selling off my bits box drawer by drawer. The first tranche of listings have just gone up- do a search for "big bag of warhammer" if you're interested. I genuinely think that it's something of a bonanza.

More broadly, I'm keen for my conversions to go to a good home. If anyone is interested in anything on the thread (bearing in mind that the scenic bases probably aren't portable), send me a PM and we can probably work something out.

All good things must come to end, such is the way of the world. 

While we all wish you success on whatever the world will bring and you bring to the world, may I request, as a parting gift, a final "gallery" of all your fine work over the ages? That your oeuvres may be viewed and appreciated in one place, as one body of work, for posterity.  

Hi all. So a quick update from me. For a variety of reasons, I've decided that when I finish my current project,  I'm going to leave the hobby permanently.

In the coming weeks, I’ll be selling off my bits box drawer by drawer. The first tranche of listings have just gone up- do a search for "big bag of warhammer" if you're interested. I genuinely think that it's something of a bonanza.

More broadly, I'm keen for my conversions to go to a good home. If anyone is interested in anything on the thread (bearing in mind that the scenic bases probably aren't portable), send me a PM and we can probably work something out.

I won't 'like' that post, but I can understand your decision. You have given a great deal to the hobby community; and I hope that your wonderful work goes to appreciative homes.

This is terrible news. Your WIP thread has been one of the biggest sources of inspiration this last year, so I'll be sad to see it stop. You certainly have a very good reason for taking this decision (although I cannot help asking myself whether there's some kind of middle-ground here, instead of leaving the hobby wholesale). Anyway, thanks for the truly excellent work! I'd buy the Custodes diorama in a heartbeat. And the Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors ones as well, only I lack both the money and the space.

Sad to see you leave, but I understand and support the reasoning! Real life comes first.

With that said, I'd be interested in buying those gorgeous converted Solar Auxilia/Empire models, plus potentially any Empire/Solar Auxilia bits you've got lying around. PM me if you're willing to part with them!

Cheers,
BTB

Thanks all. It's a shame but I think it's the right thing to go. Mods, please remove this if ithe link isn't allowed, but here is a summary of the bits box stuff I've put up to sell so far. There will be lots more soon, but people from here will always get top priority if they want something from the thread.

@Fortis, that's a great idea- I'll definitely do a "highlights" post before I go, as well as show a few unfinished things I have lying around the place. Finally, I have some concept pictures of the project I've been noodling away at for a little while; I'd be delighted if somebody liked it enough to give the thing a go.

@KrautScientist and @BeatTheBeat: Thanks. I'll PM you shortly on that!

Damn. If I wasn't dead broke (CURSE YOU HOLIDAY SHOPPING!!!) I'd buy that Dark Angel and Imperial Fist off you in a heartbeat, along with any Mk III bits you had.

>ahem<

Anyways, I've thought awhile about what I had to say in response to your departure from the hobby. Jeez. I mean, it absolutely ruined my day (in a non-serious sort of way ;)) and it seems the only thing left to add is to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and express the hope that you will, in time, return to us.

You deserve a salute, too (ave atque vale and all that), so...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/qKPQS7J.gif

It pains me to see you go. Sadly I have not been able to start a collection of any kind of army. I am fairly new to the hobby and have been mostly focused on the lore of the universe. Why am I saying all of this? Well, I have been lurking around the forums for a while and I have always came back to your threads Ed. And I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

Your work is amazing and awe-inspiring to a newbie like me and has been the source of many inspirations for myself. I am very sad to see you go from the hobby as I am just joining and have always viewed you as a major inspiration. You have a phenomenal gift, and I regret to see it lost. I wish you the best of luck in the future and I thank you for having such a huge creative impact on myself and inspiring me to become more serious about joining the hobby.

-----

P.S. I would personally love to buy some of your models, but I am currently lacking in the financial department.

Once again, thank you for sharing all of your inspiring work. I salute you. Best of luck and may your future be as bright as the Astronomican.

While it's really sad that your leaving us, I compleatly understand your reasons, and it sounds like the right choice. Maybe one day you'll be to come back. I've saved pics of som much of your work because I find it so inspiring. I'll be watching the Knighf progress closely.

Archived