++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Those lightning bolts are SICK!!!  Love the overall scheme for this model; it really does feel like it straddles the line between NL and Khorne, but I think that works in its favor.  The overall paintjob on this model is really excellent, I'm thoroughly blown away!  :wub.:

Don't judge, but I kinda want to hug that, because it looks and is soo amazing!

Amazing paint job Auggie(?) / Augustus

It is a total beast!

The color blending-transition thingy looks soo sweet! And smooth too

I wasn't really sure that the red/blue would work, but I had confidence in your vision and you did not disappoint. He looks very, very nice.

The only nit I have has to do with the goop on the base. Are you going to leave it that bright? Although it isn't that prevalent, where visible, it seems to stand out too much to me. It may be the lighting in the photo, but considering that the rest of the model is a little more subdued, that stuff seems like it should be as well.

And you are most welcome to pull that stick out of your BT behind and start living the life! :wink:

I had heard that Forte had ripped off a set of our armor. I had no idea he was wandering around trying to impersonate one of us. :P

Brass Scorpion is done. Way, waaaay, WAAAAAY more pics in this post in my showcase thread.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-06-14%2011.06.31_zpss02okzzq.jpg

Hope you like, and as always, feedback more than welcome!

Replies! (Holy mother of god I have never had so many comments to asnwer after a post. Thanks guys! And gals!)

@Chaeron: Cheers! Hope you like the result!

@Barrabas Sogalon: :tu:

@Dreadclaw: Much appreciated!

@Assfresser: I definitely recommend the VLM paints. They come on sooo smooth and give a super nice finish. It's just a little effort to learn how to handle them.

@oldschoolsoviet: haha no not at all. I have wanted to have this model for a couple years now, and wanted it to fit in my NL army, yet couldn't ignore it's obvious Khornate nature. Hence the mixture.

@Quixus: He's not fixed - the base is more for display purposes I guess. Or it could serve as a crater then (if) he's destroyed on the table.

@Vel'Cora: Thanks mate! That's high praise!

@Tarvick: hey buddy! Glad you stopped by - and even more excited you finally started your own Midnight Clad warband!

@Brother Heinrich: Haha well my only critique is you're a traitorous bastard who's pledged to the AoD forum - after NOT finishing your vow last year! It's almost like you're doing your utmost to make us fail. I always knew you had an acquila necklace pendant hidden under that Midnight plate of yours. :tongue.:

@Kurama: I'd rather not, now or ever (seeing as we have a date in August), but I appreciate the sentiment

@Flint13: Totes appreciated ;)

@AlanofAngels: Cheers buddy! Your stuff is amazing! Get a tank done soon!

@TheReaper17: Be my guest! And either are fine.

@Flint13(2): hahahaha stahp it!

@Honda: Hey Honda thanks for pointing that out - I was so mixed up with painting the scoprion, that I was like 'meh' on the base. But you pushed me to fix that awful goop colour. I mixed Nurgle's Rot with Tamiya Clear Smoke. How do you like it now?

Oh and you're mistaken about forte. Forte isn't impersonating anyone. In fact he's most happy being himself. And doing the macarena on that boring set of armour of yours. ;)

@Midnight Runner: Thanks, just thanks!

@kizzdougs: My thanks

@Wicced: Thanks buddy!

@Dragonlover: I glued everything but the armour plates (including the one on the upper cannon) and the front claws. Actually holding it was the least of my worries. I could hardly make some of the angles with my brush!

@stepper: Does Khorne even have a mother?

I glued the plates onto mine yesterday, before painting the cables on the back. I may come to regret this, but having them loose was aggravating me. At least this way it's harder for me to knock the paint off them.

Dragonlover

I studied the movement of Scorpions (who interestingly enough have four sets of legs, not three. So more like Brass Insect, Forge World design team! :tongue.:).

The claws count as a set of leg, so the brass scorpion does deserve its name. :tongue.:

Does it now? :tongue.:

e879cb625d0868223b7b5a697af45295.jpg

:wink: