Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

I shall flagellate myself in penitence.

And love every second of it.

I did think about trying to blunt them but the sheer number and that they are steel... I even considered some skulls and helms strategically placed at the edges but I doubt it would look good.

But I have ideas for the replacement decoration. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. :smile.:

Work progresses on that Rhino. Some GS is curing now and I've been adding spikes (taken from the Chaos vehicle accessories and cut off to separate them) here and here.

I'm doing the rhino at home and at work (in my lunch hour) I started work on my Havocs, with the champion...

My question to you is does he look better pointing with a chainsword or with his finger?

If I go with the chainsword, the pommel tassel will get turned around so the movement looks right.

med_gallery_63428_9407_386332.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_122747.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_246571.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_128124.jpg

The daemonette leg was surprisingly easy to get on there.

I'm confident that the Nurgle helmet will not look Nurglish once he's all painted up.

In his right hand he'll have an Umbra Ferrox bolter. As he's the leader of a(n autocannon) Havoc squad I figure he should have a bit of a fancy gun.

And lastly the servo-skull will have more cables going to his helmet.

I think the pointy finger would look best, like he's gesturing to a target for his Havocs to obliterate. That said, perhaps you should have the chainsword stuck to his hip so he can draw it at a moment's notice? (IIRC Space Marine weapons have magnetic strips that allow for easy stowage on armour, at least according to the fluff).

Also, what's that cable made from? It looks amazing and I think I need some.

I must say that when I read the title of the post, I thought, well chainsword duh, but after seeing the pictures, I remembered this is the work of one of the Chaos greats, and the decision would not be nearly so simple. I have to say, the pointed finger is more suited for a havoc champ. Also I think that particular CSM head makes a great havoc champ.

Well that's unanimous! Finger it is!

Thanks.

As per Squigsquasher's suggestion I'll mag-clamp his chainsword somewhere (likely to his backpack or belt).

And yes, Carrack, the head looked so perfect for a Havoc champion to me. The most optics-y, targeter-y head I could find. I wanted him to be not only the squad leader but also it's spotter.

Other themes for this squads:

All will have tabards. At least three chain, others cloth.

All have some kind of helmet-targeter: two are helmetless, bionic-eyed Sternguard heads, one a CSM rhino crew head and one a loyalist Mk.7 head with a targeter.

I'm planning to paint them metallic (steel) mainly, with the usual pink for detail (and probably some other colours thrown in). If I like it I may do something similar for my Rapier crew and make it standard for the users of 'big guns'.

I say the pointing finger because he looks great. I also love your srnys colour scheme

Thank you. But...my what scheme?

I think the pointy finger would look best, like he's gesturing to a target for his Havocs to obliterate. That said, perhaps you should have the chainsword stuck to his hip so he can draw it at a moment's notice? (IIRC Space Marine weapons have magnetic strips that allow for easy stowage on armour, at least according to the fluff).

Also, what's that cable made from? It looks amazing and I think I need some.

The cable is brass coil guitar wire. It's stiff so it takes a bit of work, but is cheap and strong.

Aaand, the Havoc champion got the finger. So to speak.

med_gallery_63428_9407_231261.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_174041.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_177941.jpg

The servo skull needs rotating a little to the right so it's looking in the same direction as him and his finger, plus some more wires...and he's done.

Oh, a close-up of the skull on his right shoulder pad:

med_gallery_63428_9407_52160.jpg

Taken from the chest of a Gor. As you can see the horns are a bit blunted (rubbed against the other sprue in the box too much :sad.: ) but not too badly. I like it as it looks somewhat like a Hannya mask.

Oh, I tried mounting his chainsword on his left hip but it stuck out too far forwards and seemed to take away from his pointing arm, and attached to his butt plate it stuck out to the sides in an unseemly fashion...so I dropped it and gave him some pouches and a grenade on his left hip.

Will get on to cleaning up parts for the four autocannon wielders tomorrow. :smile.:

(And will hopefully have some time at home over the weekend to get the rhino ready for undercoating).

I got most of the construction done on the first two of the four autocannon-wielders. It'll take a hairdryer to get the ammo feeds to fit into the cannons, and I'm currently figuring out how to get the ammo boxes to fit the CSM backpacks...cut down the backpacks or the ammo boxes...probably easier to cut down the backpacks, pin and then GS-fill any gaps.

Anyway, here they are:

med_gallery_63428_9407_11752.jpg

Helm from CSM rhino.

Trim removed from left gauntlet and left leg.

The cylinder of autocannon ammo (from an IG hydra) you can see in the bottom right of the photo might get clamped to his thigh or strapped onto the back of his backpack. Likely I'll decide once everything else is worked out.

med_gallery_63428_9407_251666.jpg

Head from SM Sternguard. Body from CSM rhino. Backpack spike and helm from CSM rhino. Looking at the helm on the spike I came up with a bit of a story for this guy. Rather than having the helm as a trophy, it's his helmet. He was shot in the forehead by an enemy sniper and, by the grace of Slaanesh/work of the warband's apothecary, survived...though was left with a scar (from the removal of the bullet from his frontal lobes) which steadily came to form an Octed.

Two more to do but I really must get on with my objective counters for Daemon Forge...

Nice havocs must say I really like the look of the FW autocamnons

Yes, they are really nice. There's not much room for different poses, but marines holding that huge cannon just look so good. After seeing other people's (e.g. Aasfresser's) I knew I had to get some. Makes for a reasonably cheap unit too.

Nice havocs must say I really like the look of the FW autocamnons

Yes, they are really nice. There's not much room for different poses, but marines holding that huge cannon just look so good. After seeing other people's (e.g. Aasfresser's) I knew I had to get some. Makes for a reasonably cheap unit too.

They look a hell of alot better than my Kit bashed auto cannons