Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

• 3 weeks later...

I finished my possessed tonight...

Brother Godebert

med_gallery_63428_9407_25431.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_44255.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_239358.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_207613.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_290127.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_61749.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_273411.jpg

Some more noticeable than others, but I put various Dark Tongue icons on his armour, including the `Pseudo-Daemon` one (as there is no `possessed` one) over the Templar Cross. I rather like the design...I'll have to use it more.

The tale of his fall is here.

I may go and post him in the Black Templars forum too.

Carrack told me to do it :tongue.:

And my 4th spawn...

I hope, as Elton John wishes, you can all feel the love tonight.

med_gallery_63428_9407_43367.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_137547.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_214222.jpg

The happy couple...

med_gallery_63428_9407_160261.jpg

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

med_gallery_63428_9407_397180.jpg

Really great models Kierdale.  Will you be adding more to the Chaos Possessed Marine unit?  Be pretty cool & they do remind me of Castigators own Possessed Marine squad.

Also have you added a unit of Raptors or Warp Talons yet?  With the next Daemon Forge been theme around this, though be pretty cool to see your take on the models?  Also I might try to get the Eldar trophies added to my fifth Chaos knight after seen your conversion for the Rhino, has the model been painted since then?

Thanks.

I openly admit my possessed Templar is inspired by Castigator's fantastic possessed. This one was made as I had enough bitz (namely a pair of legs and a torso rear) to make a full marine. To make more I'll need to buy a full tactical squad and I'd like to get the Templars bitz set too so I can do a better job...which means more possessed are a future, expensive project. Perhaps I'll ask my parents for one box and my brother for the other when my birthday comes!

I haven't finished the three rhinos yet. I want to add some more bitz. Recently I've been painting my Havocs (photos to come soon) and the three new bikers.

I do have a box of Raptors/Warp Talons...I might make one for the next Daemon Forge, to test colour schemes for when I do the full squad. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick post to say that the Psychopomps actually saw battle for the first time ever today!

One of my high school students is interested in 40k and asked me to teach him it. I took a few minis to school and taught him the rules. Initially we did a couple of squads of guard (one infantry, one veteran) against a tactical squad but as my Slaangor were in my carry case too (and the IG had failed to beat the marines) we tried a mass of the beastmen against a veteran squad.

The Slaangor ended up having to charge the long way up the board and cross a river, into an volley of lasgun fire.

You forget how much those things hurt when you usually wear power armour.

The Slaangor ended up running back through the river, tails between their legs...

Only to be shot in the back as the humans gave chase...

...and less than half the Slaangor rallied to charge upfield again...The Dark Prince wanted more pain!!

Three making it across the river alive and into combat! At last!

They managed to kill one guardsman, no beastmen fell...and the nine surviving humans ran!

...then rallied and cut down the last three Slaangor with massed flashlight shining.

Oh bugger. :D

More posts soon, with photos of the WIP Havocs. ComIng along nicely.

I may do some Kill Team at school if I have time. I'll make some SM, IG and CSM Kill Teams and let students choose.

WarriorFish I think choosing the drum-fed autocannons over the belt-fed ones is a good idea. The belt fed ones weren't too hard to get to fit, but as you said you want to magnetise for options...good idea. :thumbsup:

Here's a WIP of my Havocs...

med_gallery_63428_9407_371904.jpg

I should have them finished soonish.

The rightmost actually has a Dark Reaper flag as a trophy...hidden by his weapon.

med_gallery_63428_9407_310766.jpg

And, in preparation for the next Daemon Forge, I got started on a Raptor.

As I want the Raptor heads for another biker squad, this one is a Warp Talon helmet with the horns cut off.

And I want the Raptor pauldrons for another noise marine squad, so he has a couple of normal CSM ones. One has been cut down to just the central skull (to be painted as the Psychopomps icon) and the other I sanded smooth, removing all trim too, to make into a Mk.6 shoulder pad and give myself some freehand space.

He has a VS-pattern flamer (named for Veteran Sergeant, the first person I saw who cut down their flamers) and will be posed as if flying forwards.

med_gallery_63428_9407_223654.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_25944.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_18165.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_115409.jpg

Havocs are looking really cool Kierdale, like the sort of Eldar banner/use as a loin cloth on one of the Psychopomps battle brother & be great to see how the Raptors turn out.

You will need to try get a photo of the whole collection later in the year after ETL or Call of Chaos?

Me too! It seems like you're picking up a little speed in your painting, or is that just my perception?

I fear it may be just your perception. My hobby time has decreased a little over the last couple of months. My not posting any WIPs of the Havocs since I started them may make it look like I got them done faster.

Havocs are looking really cool Kierdale, like the sort of Eldar banner/use as a loin cloth on one of the Psychopomps battle brother & be great to see how the Raptors turn out.

You will need to try get a photo of the whole collection later in the year after ETL or Call of Chaos?

Well, I still hope to enter them in this year's AoP so I'll be doing a full army shot before October for sure. :)

There are a few more units I want to finish before I concentrate on the Eldar enemy and the terrain itself.

Care to share the recipe for that nice purple on the Havoc? Thanks

It's the old Liche Purple if I remember correctly (now Xe-something purple). Firstly highlighted with a mix of that and Dechala Violet, a little heavy on the purple, then a final highlight of pure Dechala.

Then the lot glazed with 50/50 Lamian/whatever-the-name-of-the-purple-shade-is.

Sorry, I'm not at home right now.

I forgot to mention earlier that the spikes atop everyone's backpacks were inspired by Aaasfresser autocannon Havocs.

The paint would be Xereus Purple, the wash would be Druchii Violet. I like the tone of both. Thanks for the reply. 

I am on the lookout for a good and deep purple with which adorn my Stormcast army. 

PS: I often see the mention of the Lhamian Medium. Which purpose it has in your paint recipe? Do you use it to make a wash of your own or to dilute the GW standard paint?

Edited by Diabolist

PS: I often see the mention of the Lhamian Medium. Which purpose it has in your paint recipe? Do you use it to make a wash of your own or to dilute the GW standard paint?

I use it to dilute Citadel Shades for use as glazes or shades for pastels. For example I have a pot of 50/50 Lamian/Carroburg Crimson which I use in heavier doses to shade my pastel pink armour, and lighter doses to glaze it (as it has often been commented that the pastels, unglazed, look chalky and/or lack depth).

Likewise a pot of 50/50 Druichi/Lamian for pastel purple, etc.

The Havocs are done but for decals and basing... :tu:

Hopefully I can post images by the weekend.

Plenty of dakka.

med_gallery_63428_9407_137629.jpg

Champion

med_gallery_63428_9407_288133.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_78333.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_114202.jpg

Autocannoner 1 - no doubt he has something nice and narcotic pumping through that green pipe into his helmet.

med_gallery_63428_9407_4267.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_81193.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_164311.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_95005.jpg

Autocannoner 2 - took a shot through the forehead of his helmet, into his head...and survived with a rather nice - and fitting - scar. Now wears his own helm as a trophy. Has `Slaaneth` written on the barrel of his cannon in the Dark Tongue.

med_gallery_63428_9407_206405.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_141140.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_224474.jpg

Autocannoner 3 - Tattooed slap-head with Cheshire cat ammo feed, and Dark Reaper flag as a loincloth.

med_gallery_63428_9407_61877.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_287738.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_310363.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_176372.jpg

Autocannoner 4 - one of my favourites (though I pretty much like all of this unit). In the words of Clarence Bodicker...

"Give the man a hand!"

med_gallery_63428_9407_108715.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_176498.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_268018.jpg

I'm pleased with how the spent shells came out.

Since I used on these guys four of the five autocannons from the set, I may add some cannon fodder additional (bolter-armed) marines to the squad in the future and cut up the 5th autocannon: one marine can be carrying a spare barrel and another a spare ammo box for the autocannoners. :smile.:

Next up: Raptors. They're made, just need basing and then painting can commence...

I am a fan of the "acid etched" steel details. A great work indeed. Care to tell us how you did it? 

From the looks it appears as a layer of Ironbreaker and the details in the brighter Runefang Steel. 

I am a fan of the "acid etched" steel details. A great work indeed. Care to tell us how you did it? 

From the looks it appears as a layer of Ironbreaker and the details in the brighter Runefang Steel.

Thanks.

The metal areas and freehand are indeed Ironbreaker, washed with Nuln Oil, and the freehand is Runefang Steel.

I want to get my freehand finer and with tighter patterns in future, but it's all a matter of practice.

Here are some WIPs of my Raptors...

First of the two flamer-wielders. Will be posed jumping forwards (likely kicking off a tree or other anchor-point modelling-wise).

med_gallery_63428_9407_7952.jpg

Bolt pistol and chainsword'er. Also likely kicking off and travelling horizontally. Used a couple of chains from the CSM box to show movement.

med_gallery_63428_9407_2827.jpg

Second flamer-wielder. The spray is steadily being built up with glue and repeated dippings in flock, and will have a bit travelling across the base showing the path of the fire as he flies along.

med_gallery_63428_9407_57784.jpg

Champion. Standing proud upon a cast-down statue of Baharroth. Stole his sword too, for good measure. The bases of some of the other Raptors will have fragments of the statue on them too.

Arm magnetized for chainsword or claw. I may give him a combi-bolter on a sling.

med_gallery_63428_9407_3532.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_19116.jpg

And lastly...

this one won't be getting many cover saves...

med_gallery_63428_9407_87127.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_57811.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_71303.jpg

Balances perfectly too. :D