Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

I had a shell-suit in similar colours way back in the 90s.

Unfortunatly so did I :lol:
Who didn't?

I was going to mention a turquoise-loving, reptilian-fearing, ex-footballer conspiracy theorist who probably does still have such a shell suit.

But I shall not.

Oh and the Mad Max 2 character I was thinking of was 'Wes'.

The Templar rhino.

Needs another undercoat spray as I've added to it since I sprayed it last. The Daemonette is just pinned in place. In a few photos I accidentally left the blanket of faces on top of the hatch. That will be hung on the front-right of the tank instead.

med_gallery_63428_9407_1053753.jpeg

Stormshield pinned to the door. The spike is not glued in place yet as I'll be putting a Templar decal on it, roughing it up, then putting the spike back in place.

med_gallery_63428_9407_198630.jpeg

The front. Some areas of the tank will be white - or perhaps the pastel pink of the Psychopomps...or perhaps both, showing it's been deployed mid-repaint...with Templar scriptures. Defaced, naturally.

med_gallery_63428_9407_1099663.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_697328.jpeg

Shoulder pad recycled from my Scythes of the Emperor. Will be a Templar one. Again the spike is removable so I can put a decal on first.

med_gallery_63428_9407_73402.jpeg

The studs atop the hatch. A lot of drilling there.

med_gallery_63428_9407_197862.jpeg

You can also see where the spray didn't get into crevices. I'll be painting over all of it black anyway. Duncan-style. ;)

The Daemonette on the top now with severed Templar head.

med_gallery_63428_9407_38848.jpeg

And the sewn-together blanket of faces.

med_gallery_63428_9407_43381.jpeg

Aand though it's out of production I asked the staff at Tokyo's four GWs (well, Japan's four GWs) if they had any of these left, as I've wanted bitz from it for a long time but am not keen on buying the box of ten they now come in...

And as luck would have it the staff managed to scrounge up one box that hadn't been sent back to Blighty.

med_gallery_63428_9407_515450.jpeg

There's a sword, skull and a chest plate in there I'll be using soon, and the rest likely in other Psychopomps units in the future.

You lucky devil I was going to grab one of them the other week, when I realised their gone! I'm considering the slave to darkness starter set; I think it has 5.

But otherwise; lovely work Kierdale! Man that's a cool idea with the Templar rhino. I like the fractal beanstalks ;)

I'm going to start painting like you soon; all crazy and free spirited.

Man you really hate those guardians hey! You do great work for Slaanesh. Very inspiring.

Edited by BrotherJim

I'm going to start painting like you soon; all crazy and free spirited.

Thank you! I look forward to seeing your work.

I'm concerned that when I do go back to do some more work on my Imperial Guard (a Wyvern, 20 beastmen conscripts, 5 scions, 6 rough riders, a lightning and 10 veterans await my return) or do another army I'll have trouble sticking to one scheme! :D

I'm concerned that when I do go back to do some more work on my Imperial Guard (a Wyvern, 20 beastmen conscripts, 5 scions, 6 rough riders, a lightning and 10 veterans await my return) or do another army I'll have trouble sticking to one scheme! :D

Oh man, no offence meant, but that sounds so boring already! You should make them into a menegerie renegade force. It's like me trying to do my imperials at the moment. It just ain't guna happen like my chaos forces did; I can feel it already; it's stale and boring. There is no fire or passion or spontaneity as there is with Chaos.

i definitely need more colour in my life - this thread is great for that!

The Rhino looks excellent. Loving those tentacles (though personally I would have picked a more tealish green). And congrats on getting that Chaos Knight kit! I'm tempted to buy some myself, along with some Hellstriders (AKA the Slaanesh Bitzbox kit). There's a helmet in there that looks like a giant speaker grille with horns that would make for an excellent Terminator lord helmet, if that interests you.

Yes, the helmets are nice too! Pretty much everything but the nags will get used. I'm keen to use the helmets on a second biker unit, as I gave the Hellstrider crested helmets to my first biker unit. These horned ones can be a rival unit/cult.

The pole arms I'll keep for some terminators.

The shield with the skull similar to the horned librarian icon will go on my sorcerer's bike.

Hood ornaments are done.

med_gallery_63428_9407_685282.jpeg

The two rhinos should be finished this weekend if not tomorrow.

With very little time left until Armies On Parade I still have to finish two bikers, some Eldar and make the board itself, so the ex-Templar rhino is going on the back burner in favour of another, more flavourful model...

Thanks!

To do:

two bikers - pink nearly done.

Raptors - all done but for the dire avenger base.

Eldar - should be done in a week or two.

Display base -not started at all!

And this...

med_gallery_63428_9407_1061086.jpeg

A load of Daemonette faces pushing their way out of some panels of the maulerfiend.

Amazing stuff as always Kierdale! This is still the only WIP thread I really follow (and when I get into a conversation about 40k with another player, I generally pull the Psychopomps up on my phone at some point to show them :tongue.:).

I (at long last!) finished the raptors today!

They're not as colourful as some of the other sects of the warband, but they share their brethren's love of vandalising Eldar statues and they have their own style...

med_gallery_63428_9407_412283.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_295306.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_115008.jpg

The Dark Tongue glyph in the middle of the skull on his left pauldron is `8`, they being formerly of the 8th company.

med_gallery_63428_9407_113315.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_152280.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_377235.jpg

The champion with his lightning claw arm attached...

A from-above shot which unfortunately doesn't show the veins on his head as well as I'd hoped (some are in the shape of the symbol of Slaanesh).

med_gallery_63428_9407_401315.jpg

...and with his other (magnetised) arm, a chainsword.

med_gallery_63428_9407_320196.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_279397.jpg

And a fly-by evisceration...

med_gallery_63428_9407_399704.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_433612.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_330287.jpg

Pardon the very light photos. Bad settings!

Thank you.

I added some more black detailing to the Dire Avenger (black stripes in the crest and a stripe in the loin cloth). And the maulerfiend is coming along well. I hope to finish it this week. Damn that trim takes a long time.

While making it I did notice that the tentacles can fit into any of the sockets on each side and it made me think about making a future maulerfiend with tentacles for legs...

Some progress on the last two bikers.

Basecoated the yellow and need to work it up to pastel now. He shall be sergeant Battenburg.

med_gallery_63428_9407_722503.jpeg

I don't think the camera quite captures the shockingness of that pink on the other biker quite enough, so here's another photo of it.

med_gallery_63428_9407_187964.jpeg

I need to do a bit of clean up, then on to metallics.

EDIT:

Idea for that future maulerfiend...

med_gallery_63428_9407_44460.jpeg

Perhaps for a third maulerfiend (since I'd need four tentacle pieces. Make a second mauler' with the cutters then the third 'tentaclefiend').

And I was my birthday on Monday! I got two boxes of minis from my parents which will be additions to the Psychopomps (though perhaps surprising ones), some unknown minis from my brother which haven't yet arrived (whatever he got me I'm sure I can make use of)...and some spondulicks from the missus. I'm eyeing up a certain boxed set now...