Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Thank you!

They're lovely models, WarriorFish, if somewhat limited in body/leg posing. With some leftover pistols/lasguns or auto guns you could arm them easily enough too.

I chose not to as I want this squad to look like they want to shed blood up close and personal (plus I'm saving up lasguns for my IG beastmen conscript squad expansion, you'll be pleased to hear, commissar ;) ).

My cultists are coming along nicely.

Pink is done. Skin is done. Purple is done.

Next up will be metallics and whatever colour I do that cloth underskirt...

med_gallery_63428_9407_334190.jpeg

I'm pleased how the veins came out on the two with tentacles.

med_gallery_63428_9407_208795.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_84014.jpeg

And here is the standard bearer.

med_gallery_63428_9407_233634.jpeg

Do you think I need to do text on the skin tail-end of the flag too?

The image was inspired by flags used on some Slaaneshi Titans waaaaay back in the early Epic days. I'll post some images soon.

And, I'm glad I have some of the wildwood ranger glaives left over, as the staff at Warhammer Ikebukuro cut some down for use on his Stormcast and they look excellent as one-handed weapons:

med_gallery_63428_9407_19474.png

Well worth stealing that idea and giving to a CSM or two ;)

Alright, alright. I'll do script on the tail of the flag too. You two are not conducive to good eyesight.

Images of the flag inspiration from an old WD.

gallery_63428_9407_17742.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_171001.jpeg

Though I'd love to have a 40k warlord and do it up like those ones, the missus sayeth "Thou shalt not have model larger than thine child".

And so I await the new version of Epic.

Though I'd love to have a 40k warlord and do it up like those ones, the missus sayeth "Thou shalt not have model larger than thine child".

Hey, if you start saving now, you might just have enough by the time the kid's bigger than a Warlord. :P ;)

That banner is glorious, BTW. Bravo on that freehand.

But where would I keep a warlord in our tiny Tokyo apartment?! :D

Thanks for the compliment about the flag. I'm thinking about the other side now. As these cultists are tied to my snake-bodied 'naga' sorcerer I may do something serpentine-themed.

And I really want more standards in the warband now! :)

Not a lot to report but I got the leather (boots and pouches) done (weapon grips to do later) and most of the metal given a Leadbelcher undercoat. Next will be silver highlighting, Nuln Oil shade, silver decoration (scrollwork, glyphs, etc.) and then a purple glaze. Some gold trim here and there.

med_gallery_63428_9407_89461.jpeg

But where would I keep a warlord in our tiny Tokyo apartment?! :D

*daydreams said Warlord Titan stomping around Tokyo like Godzilla, blasting entire city blocks to ash and dust with it's Volcano Cannons, warhorn blaring the classic Godzilla roar*

(sighs happily) Hehe, awesome. B)

The cultists are coming along well, I hope to finish them next week, but I have some WIP shots of the sniper scouts for now, as I was working on their skin today.

med_gallery_63428_9407_1965.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_55938.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_192642.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_89825.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_288474.jpeg

The leader needs work on the skin around his smartlink where it enters his head.

Horns, eyes, etc. still to be done, of course.

And likely I'll add black tattooing.

Purple freehand started on the armour plates of a couple of them.

The cloaks are going to be quite special...

Thanks.

These days I don't game but if I do eventually get back into it -as I hope to- then I would probably do as you suggest and run them as Codex Space Marines and keep them over 12" from the rest of the Psychopomps. Inter-warband rivalry, sect versus sect, and all that ;)

Likewise I have a landspeeder to make and have no issues with doing up other C:SM (or other marine codex) stuff as Psychopomps stuff.

As you say, a librarian and/or Telion would be very nice (both game and model-wise)...perhaps a whirlwind too... :D

But before that I have some proper Chaos tanks to do.

Kierdale! Those Cultists! Those Scouts! I'm in love! :)

The freehand looks great so far, like WarriorFish says the contrast is really striking. Also, always happy to see the Helstrider faces being used. They're amongst my favourite GW sculptef faces!

Keep up the great work, remains an inspiration :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Yes, I really like the hell strider heads. I loved the helmeted ones and used them immediately for my bikers but now I've started painting the bare heads too, I want more! :D

The cloaks look fantastic, the free hand is just the right amount to offset the lovely pink nicely :D Shame they're mostly bolter fodder :P

Bolter fodder, true, but they care not for they know they are awaited in His palace!