Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Thanks.

It's interesting you should mention the landspeeder, BeachyMike as I was doing a bit of the basic construction work on it yesterday (Real Life is a bit busy at the moment so I'm fluttering from project to project a bit. Plus the weather's no good for priming).

I had a few ideas for Chaosing it up. Chose a pair of Raptor heads for the crew. Removed the front Aquila and I'll put an Octed there.

It should be an nice little project. :)

:D Cryptix, thanks for going through the whole thread in one night.

Though I don't play these days and don't know when I will be able to, which of the following Landspeeder armaments would be best (or most Psychopompy? There's a new word for your vocabularies):

A. Heavy bolter and typhoon missile launchers

B. Double heavy flamers

C. Double multi-meltas

D. ...forget ever using it in a game and do a Sonicspeeder.

What say you?

:biggrin.:Cryptix, thanks for going through the whole thread in one night.

Though I don't play these days and don't know when I will be able to, which of the following Landspeeder armaments would be best (or most Psychopompy? There's a new word for your vocabularies):

A. Heavy bolter and typhoon missile launchers

B. Double heavy flamers

C. Double multi-meltas

D. ...forget ever using it in a game and do a Sonicspeeder.

What say you?

Psychopompus? :P

I think a Sonicspeeder would be really cool, and depending on how you model it it shouldn't be a stretch if you ever want to use it as heavy bolter and typhoon missile launcher.

I'm planning to model the Sonicspeeder with a blastmaster and the missile pods turned into big sonic weapons (name suggestions..????) which will count as Typhoon missile launchers (with low freq and high freq settings as frag and krak). Or count it as HB and TML as necessary ;)

I should have photos of the 'TML' weapons tomorrow.

Back to the sniper scouts:

What colour(s) should I use for the rifle cables?

med_gallery_63428_9407_154658.jpg

Working on the metallics now.

Oooooh! I love the cable from the rifle to his head. I really enjoy the aesthetic of the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, and that rifle just screams smartgun :P Thank you.

As to the cables' color, o think black would look good too, though I'd almost want them just black (no yellow stripes) though either should look good.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Some Sonicspeeder progress...

With the boom doom boxes attached. I tried them slung low instead of high and preferred them high. Cabling to be added

More spikes will be added to the trim and the top will have a nice collection of trophies. Chains and hooks and blades to be added dangling from the underside for...fishing.

The pitot-head instrument thingy in front of the pilot will get chopped down and I plan to add some daemonic skin there including an eye.

med_gallery_63428_9407_287642.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_298990.jpg

While the pilot has a helm designed for speed, the gunner comes from the war band's noise marine ranks and will have this shoulder pad taken from noise marine bitz:

med_gallery_63428_9407_12182.jpg

The vent of his mask will also be drilled out and a pipe from there added, going into his blaster master.

Thanks for the comments :)

I'm very happy how the doom boxes came out as I got to use a part (the toothy daemonic face plate) I've never thought looked good and I never imagined I would use. It took me three nights of searching and re-searching my bits boxes to find that part. I almost thought I had thrown them away. When I had the idea of making the missile launchers into sonic weapons I thought Right! I need those face plates! I'm so glad I had kept them.

Land Shrieker? I like it! :tu:

And I'm sure it makes TIE noises too ;)

That looks awesome! I'll add to the sentiment that the speakers are a stroke of genius.

One thing that might look good is some kind of fin or something on the back of the speeder. Maybe a Dark Eldar Raider sail?