Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

That is some gorgeous pink you have going on there. And Sergeant Battenberg! Excellent!

Regarding the Maulerfiend, one idea I had for a 'fiend conversion was to replace the rear four limbs with about ten or so crabby legs (not sure what I'd use as donor parts) and convert the "neck" into a long prawn/lobster head, to make a big crustacean Forgefiend/Maulerfiend. For a Mauler you could turn the massive "arms" into big lobster claws.

That is some gorgeous pink you have going on there. And Sergeant Battenberg! Excellent!

Regarding the Maulerfiend, one idea I had for a 'fiend conversion was to replace the rear four limbs with about ten or so crabby legs (not sure what I'd use as donor parts) and convert the "neck" into a long prawn/lobster head, to make a big crustacean Forgefiend/Maulerfiend. For a Mauler you could turn the massive "arms" into big lobster claws.

There is the Golbin spider model for the legs for that sort of crab look?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Arachnarok-Spider

Then there also the Nids models for the claws but unsure what they would be like scale wise?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Carnifex-Brood

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Tyranid-Tervigon

Kierdale - The Raptors are looking cool.  You said your enter Armies on Parade this year?

The spider legs are tempting. I don't want to use anything from Xenos models as it'd be too recognisable. Then again I rather like the idea of simply using lots of maulerfiend tentacles.

Yes, I'll be entering Armies On Parade next week. I don't have as much done as I wanted, and the display board will be simpler but I'll add to the army and the base for next year.

Progress!

Firstly the maulerfiend nears completion. Just blood and the base to do.

As a teaser, of both the maulerfiend and the AoP display board...

med_gallery_63428_9407_235396.jpeg

Gore is yet to be added to the skewered jetbiker, and where you can see a lighter patch in the middle of that Wraithbone gate is where a soul stone will be mounted. The gate itself will be open to the webway. You'll see once it's done.

Biker progress:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1101501.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1468524.jpeg

And reinforcements:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1574782.jpeg

"What you say?!"

True, none of them are Codex: CSM entries but I don't really game anymore and likely won't have time to for a few more years (say...9th edition?) so I'm doing this because I want to convert them and I want the Psychopomps to have landspeeders (trailing hooks behind them), scouts/lighter armoured marines with sniper rifles (they'll be getting the Mohawk Hellstrider heads)...and the Long Fangs will be getting much of their Wofliness removed (though pelts will remain...but no be painted a wolf pelts), mix in some CSM bitz...and inspired by Dan The Demons Nightlords heavy weapons team-obliterators, I'll be making two Obliterators with a Psychopomps twist.

The pack of SW blitz was unexpected and will be kept for the future.

P.S. Hypothetically ;) what would be a good weapons load out for that speeder?

Just got to read through three pages of missed progress of this thread, and it was delicious!

I cannot comment on everyting but I will say that I love the sculpts on the maulerfiend armour and am a bit miffed at you writing he's almost done without posting pictures of him! :tu: The maulerfiend is one of my favourite kits and units, and combining it with your awesome painting style is certainly something to look forward to! It's also great to see another biker in the pipeline. The ones you did previously are still a source of inspiration to me, even though I'll probably vent that inspiration into actual Slaaneshi marines somewhere in the summer of 2019....

Also, and this is more of a neutral tone:

med_gallery_63428_9407_448386.jpg

"REJOICE ABANDON AND ALL HOPE"? Writing it like that is a bit confusing, like the Walking Dead meme:

Hidden Content

http://www.thewebsiteofdoom.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/the-walking-dead-season-1-dont-open-dead-inside.jpg

But I guess it being Chaos confusion is part of the intent, right? :D :tu:

Thanks for the comments.

Augustus, originally I had just 'Abandon All Hope' on the Rhino's front (I remembered Chiggy Von Richthoven in Space: Above and Beyond...I wonder who else does?) and later thought to add 'Rejoice and...'.

I realised that it could be read the 'wrong way'...but you didn't have to mention it! :D

I didn't post many WIPs of the maulerfiend as I'm rushing to finish everything in time for AoP. Time spent taking, uploading and posting photos is time taken away from painting and modelling. :(

The maulerfiend's base should be done tonight.

The 'stargate' got filled with glittery resin this morning and put out in the sun. Hopefully it's cured by the time I get home from work. I noticed there was some leakage already but I'll just have to cut that off when it's hardened. It was on the back anyway.

Working on the two bikers in my lunch and will get onto constructing the board proper at home tonight. Will do the first positioning rehearsal too ("this goes here...that goes there...#%&¥ no room for the XXX...").

The mauler fiend is done!

First up, the base. Scrapes and burning on the left for the downed jet bike. Toppled statue being trampled on the right.

med_gallery_63428_9407_296414.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_594558.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_228782.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_710221.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_228008.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_695911.jpeg

The carapace, with veined/plasma ballish pink and the occasional Dark Tongue rune here and there.

med_gallery_63428_9407_659856.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_219758.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_203658.jpeg

It was my first time trying a heat-glow effect and though it's not outstanding, I'm happy with it.

Now to finish the two bikers and get the base board done!

And I have lots of ideas for conversions to do on a second and third maulerfiend at some point in the future...

Remove thine mind from yon gutter! :D

Poor phrasing on my part. I meant I tried for something like veined marble or like a plasma ball.

I did a quick what-goes-where test and found I have a lot less room that I thought. I'll have to build some walls on two sides and have the spider-fiends scuttling up them, and an elevated road for the bikers.

The more horizontal Fiends would look pretty damn spiffy coming down a wall at an unsuspecting Guardian.

Maybe have the elevated road have a gap that the bikers are about to jump, Evel Knievel style.

I love the maulerfiend, the faces coming out of it are great.

Excellent ideas, both of you :tu:

Thanks.

I'll have spiders on the walls and perhaps some on the sides/underside of the bridge too.

And definitely a break in the bridge :D

It's a very nice kit. It would benefit from more head options and alternative front limbs, but otherwise I really like it and hope to do a couple more in the future.

Some ideas:

Four sets of tentacles for legs.

Horned head.

Tentacle tongue.

No head, just a big maw of teeth/tentacles at the front of the body. With someone being pulled in. :D

Pair of magma cutters mounted in a scorpionesque tail, six legs.

Any more suggestions? Perhaps we could start a Maulerfiend thread.

All I'm hearing is "ballish pink veined marbles on yo multiple maulerfiends"

Damn Slaanesh is twisting my mind!

On a more serious note; I was digging through your thread last night and it's all totally awesome man! Big props for the Cherry Blossom Dark Apostle and slave/concubine. That's an awesome conversion and paint job totally nails it and destroys my life. Most of all I enjoy your consistency and it's something I'd like to emulate more with my own stuff.

I'm just so moody though - I've recently decided on Slaanesh - so it seems a nice fit!

Great work dude; top shelf. Inspired.

Just stopping by to say how cool everything looks. I really like the way the had is posed on the Maulerfiend.

I know you said you don't really play anymore, but what happens when you aren't playing against Eldar? 

Just stopping by to say how cool everything looks. I really like the way the had is posed on the Maulerfiend.

I know you said you don't really play anymore, but what happens when you aren't playing against Eldar?

Well, think of it as the mauler fiend liking to play with its food and its owner having brought along a snack. Likewise the other Eldar on bases: bento.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

One thing did come to mind: the fixed poses of the maulerfiend front legs...when I do another I'll probably chop off the hands and make some new ones, remove the armpit-pistons which limit movement, and give it a new pose.

Some quickly snapped WIP shots of the display base...

med_gallery_63428_9407_631155.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1220589.jpeg

More debris has been added and there will be partial walls along two sides (opposite the webway gate, and the non-soil side). A road arching out high up with the bikers on it facing down a warlock on his jetbike. Havocs on a balcony...my dark apostle too as he's not exactly posed for combat, more for spectating.

Oh and needless to say that river will have water in it.

You can also see Lord Sophusar in his TDA there facing off against his nemesis, the exiled former autarch -now Solitaire- Qarasion of Carth-Lar (which will mean nothing to those who haven't slaved their way through a few of my Inspirational Friday entries :D).

Plan has changed (due to distractions, mistakes, child illness and a lack of time :D)...

No flyover road. Bikers will be 'outflanking' along with the maulerfiend.

Warlock jetbike will be 'flying' though and swooping down at the dark apostle who'll be on a small balcony. Havocs on a longer balcony.

A lot of painting is done. Some a bit rough but most of the ground will be covered with models so no one will notice ;)

Blast burns and skid marks to add. Grass and cat tails (I think that's what they're called) at the edge of the river too.

Final will be lots and lots of oregano leaves.

med_gallery_63428_9407_739425.jpeg

And

med_gallery_63428_9407_650288.jpeg