Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Claws to the groin!

med_gallery_63428_9407_53338.jpeg

The third of the new Raptors. Where in the last squad one raptor was fly-by cleaving a Dire Avenger in half with his chainsword (from the groin up), this one came down, kicked his foe in the nuts...

And is about to finish the job with a bolt to the face.

med_gallery_63428_9407_313968.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_260651.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1288235.jpeg

Now a question of sword-arm pose:

A. As above, sword up.

B. Diagonal.

med_gallery_63428_9407_596663.jpeg

C. Horizontal.

med_gallery_63428_9407_759167.jpeg

Taking into account the movement, his landing, which position do you think looks best?

Kierdale, I’ve been following your thread for a long time now, no clue why I haven’t commented up until now. Your work is amazing. Beautiful. Disturbing. Beautifully disturbing haha. I’ve just recently come around to Slaanesh, and your thread has definitely been one of the motivating factors in that change/ revelation. It’s been a huge inspiration for a lot of the posing and converting I’ve done in my loyalist army, I can only image what you’ll inspire for my EC army

As for your latest raptor, I definitely think the last pic. The arm out gives a sense of him getting his balance as he’s landing. You don’t really need the arm raised, as the pistol to the face will do the job. Unless you want the excessive killing ;)

That’s 4 votes for A, 2 for B and 4 for C so far.

I’ll Blu-Tac a jump pack on him ASAP and post an image of that to see if that swings votes one way or the other.

One thought: from a storage point of view A is easier, being slightly more two-dimensional than C is with the sword out to the side.

Okay. With jump pack.

A. med_gallery_63428_9407_193592.jpeg

B. med_gallery_63428_9407_151372.jpeg

C. med_gallery_63428_9407_153231.jpeg

Close up of the Plokoone Excess pad.

med_gallery_63428_9407_150766.jpeg

Rooster with his plasma

med_gallery_63428_9407_344013.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_33675.jpeg

And some teasers of the smaller elements of my WIP Giant Spawn...

med_gallery_63428_9407_363078.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_489493.jpeg

The one that doesn’t have fingers coming out of his mouth will have a chain coming out of it, running to a pin hammered into the stump of the other’s severed arm.

med_gallery_63428_9407_99507.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_76237.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_176651.jpeg

...and the main mass will be provided by likely both of the big troll monster thingies that would carry a WHFB Chaos Warshrine... combined into one(ish) body.

Still like C best.

I think I now know why as well. It kinda looks weird that he has his victim at gunpoint but still attempts to slash it while pose C looks like he just landed on the victim putting the gun to its head but still prepared to keep fighting with his chainsword.

Eg A looks like the model is trying to do too much at once imo

Still like C best.

I think I now know why as well. It kinda looks weird that he has his victim at gunpoint but still attempts to slash it while pose C looks like he just landed on the victim putting the gun to its head but still prepared to keep fighting with his chainsword.

Eg A looks like the model is trying to do too much at once imo

Totally agree, C looks most natural to me

That Giant Spawn is looking freakishly awesome already.

More spawn yay!!!

I know the bolt pistol hasn't been in question, but is there any chance of adjusting for A but having him holding the eldar by the headdress, prepping for a decapitation?

Ah, it's a bit late for that...but I do have:

one spare Avenger head

one more pistol/chainsword raptor

and finally, until your post, no idea how I was going to pose that final raptor.

Now I do. Holding up his trophy by the comb of his helmet. :smile.:

Thanks, Teetengee.