Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Thanks.

I finished the GS work on Doom Rider, got the bodies and left shoulder pads of the 10 noise marines ready (I need to order backpacks for five, and the weapons for all are ordered), and put together a pair of heralds on steeds...all ready for undercoats (as well as my TDA Mentor librarian and some of his battle brothers)...but was too sleepy last night :D

The Heralds are from the chariot. The steeds have a bit of armour which should set them apart from any Seekers I get in the future. And I do hope to get some eventually. That speed!

Oh, I'm also making a couple of instrument-holding daemonettes, one for each of my two squads.

Happy now, Teetengee? :biggrin.:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1158871.jpg

I have to add some to the back wheel and then smooth them all in with GS.

Finally, that's a wheel worth of him! :D

Only nitpicking is that I feel it spikes should be the other way around, because real life saws have the cutting edge in the inner part of the blade:

http://toolsinaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/circular-saw-blades-carbide.jpg

And you may want to be sure to actually grind your enemy living bodies with it. Also seeing it backwards makes me feel uncomfortable, but that may please Slaanesh :P

Can't wait to see this badass finished ^_^

First up: alright, alright, I'll switch the front wheel around :D

Next:

The 2x5 noise marine bodies (and left shoulder pads though not shown) are undercoated).

The masked baldies:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1121.jpg

I didn't realise I'd arranged them by height :D

The hunchback will have the blast master, the rest will have sonic blasters. Second-from-left is the champion with the pelt. Maybe one squad will have leopard pelts and the other zebra.

med_gallery_63428_9407_483716.jpg

Hair squad. Again the leftmost (who also turned out rather tall, which I like) will have the blast master and next to him with the pelt is the champion.

First piper, for the jade masked daemonette squad.

med_gallery_63428_9407_63488.jpg

Second piper, for the acrobatic squad.

I gave this one a little skirt-thingy at the back, cut from a leftover Harlequin coat. Sometime I'd love to get another Harlequin kit and turn them all into Heralds.

med_gallery_63428_9407_79501.jpg

Mounted herald one. Harlequin mask on a cut-down Daemonette head.

med_gallery_63428_9407_332517.jpg

Mounted herald two. Head from daemonette Chariot.

med_gallery_63428_9407_444089.jpg

And their steeds.

med_gallery_63428_9407_387559.jpg

Their underbellies will be flesh-like (as the Daemonette skin of the fiends is). Their scales perhaps light blue and hair a deeper pink.

And this is likely my last update for about three weeks as I'll be away.

May Slaanesh grant you 6s (except when you don't need them).

• 1 month later...

Getting back into the hobby after the family trip away hasn't been easy but I did find, stashed away in the garage back home, a few of my old GW paints from the nineties!

One of which is Amethyst Purple, which I'm pretty sure was used on the original Doom Rider.

Either way, I'm using it on mine...

med_gallery_63428_9407_506536.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_249569.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_193421.jpg

Still WIP but there is progress! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh! Shiny!

med_gallery_63428_9407_199188.jpg

The original Doom Rider's sword was just grey-metallic but I think I want this one's a bit more special...I'll have to give it some thought.

Im getting flashbacks of my Peacock jump pack character and the dozens of sword-schemes I tested for him! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Doom Rider is coming along slowly and I got started in the pink on the next ten noise marines, and I think I’m getting a box of raptors/warp talons for my birthday next week...which to build them as? I’m tempted to do plasma raptors, and magnetise the champion for some options...plasma pistol or combi-plasma, different melee weapons including a power fist as someday I want to punch a flyer out of the sky :D

Doom Rider is coming along slowly and I got started in the pink on the next ten noise marines, and I think I’m getting a box of raptors/warp talons for my birthday next week...which to build them as? I’m tempted to do plasma raptors, and magnetise the champion for some options...plasma pistol or combi-plasma, different melee weapons including a power fist as someday I want to punch a flyer out of the sky :biggrin.:

Just imagine a raptor champion diving from a stormbird in low orbit. In his free fall he nose dives, twisted gargoyle-faced helm first. Then he strikes a superman pose, one first forward, as he punches his way through a thunderhawk dooming the loyalists inside to death by freefall.

Doom Rider is coming along slowly and I got started in the pink on the next ten noise marines, and I think I’m getting a box of raptors/warp talons for my birthday next week...which to build them as? I’m tempted to do plasma raptors, and magnetise the champion for some options...plasma pistol or combi-plasma, different melee weapons including a power fist as someday I want to punch a flyer out of the sky :biggrin.:

Just imagine a raptor champion diving from a stormbird in low orbit. In his free fall he nose dives, twisted gargoyle-faced helm first. Then he strikes a superman pose, one first forward, as he punches his way through a thunderhawk dooming the loyalists inside to death by freefall.

Or just 'simply' uppercutting the Stormbird out of the sky from below. :D

Doom Rider is coming along slowly and I got started in the pink on the next ten noise marines, and I think I’m getting a box of raptors/warp talons for my birthday next week...which to build them as? I’m tempted to do plasma raptors, and magnetise the champion for some options...plasma pistol or combi-plasma, different melee weapons including a power fist as someday I want to punch a flyer out of the sky :D

Or just 'simply' uppercutting the Stormbird out of the sky from below. :D

“SHORYUKEN!”

:D

Some WIP of Doom Rider

These bits are (pretty much) finished, I’m just working on the trophies on the back of the bike, and working on the base itself.

med_gallery_63428_9407_130969.jpeg

I might, once the mini is all together and is mounted on the green balefire streams keeping it aloft, add some green glow to the eye sockets of this skull.

med_gallery_63428_9407_63517.jpeg

Likewise I’m undecided about any glow from within his neck. We’ll see, though if I do then it won’t be green, to differentiate it from the bike’s effects.

A better look at the sword. I gave it a pale green tint.

med_gallery_63428_9407_203714.jpeg

Thanks!

As of a couple of minutes ago, Doom

- pardon me -

DOOM RIDER is complete...but for his base.

I couldn’t get faces in the baleflames satisfactorily so it’s just baleflames launching his bike.

I forgot to flip the front wheel the ‘right’ way round but I’m leaving it.

I have ten noise marines and five raptors -including a champion I’m very excited about posing- to get on with. And whatever I do for CoC X...

Here are a few quick testers for the Dragon Punching raptor champion. What do you think?

Ignore any lightning claw blades as those would be cut off and the weapons turned into power fists.

And ignore the basing that is built into the feet. He’ll be mid-air.

Part way through I settled on the SW Big Hair head.

A)

med_gallery_63428_9407_175136.jpeg

And with the (likely) final head

med_gallery_63428_9407_155198.jpeg

B )

med_gallery_63428_9407_228449.jpeg

And with the Hair head

med_gallery_63428_9407_18460.jpeg

C) minus the claws, of course

med_gallery_63428_9407_176839.jpeg

Could look better -I now think- with a torso twist to put the fist more straight/higher (which lead to me doing F, G and H below)

D) minus the claws. Unfortunately there are no closed right hands.

med_gallery_63428_9407_107297.jpeg

E) loyalist fist. Nah.

med_gallery_63428_9407_162920.jpeg

Then I started fiddling with the pose more, and different legs...

F)

med_gallery_63428_9407_335030.jpeg

G)

med_gallery_63428_9407_221205.jpeg

H)

med_gallery_63428_9407_348936.jpeg

I’m keen on A, B, G and H...which do you prefer?

Or I might just calm down and give him a more sensible pose (still with power fist though :)), which would make him fit with the rest of the squad’s poses...