Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Still waiting for my Daemonette Chariot to arrive. Hopefully this Saturday then I can pick it up on Monday and rewheel Doom Rider's bike. :thumbsup:

While I wait for that I've been working on my Mentor Legion terminators and my Guard Lightning.

Augustus, thanks for the suggestion. Size-wise a Decimator might be more appropriate, yes. I'll have to check it out. :smile.:

The SW Long Fangs I was going to use for Obliterator double-teams I'm thinking of using for more noise marines now. Much of the SW-stuff will be removed, but pelts will be done as leopard skin, of course. Either pistols and chainswords or sonic blasters as they seem better now, and a doom siren for the sergeant.

Sometime I'll get some Chaos terminators to make Obliterators: give them big, original, sonic weapons.

I just had an idea for a Slaaneshi Space Marine: Take the Blood Angel power armour with nipples and attach chains to the nipples, then chains to something else, like screaming slaves.

I'm not sure the BA nipples are big enough really. I might just GS some breasts onto a topless marine (there are a couple of marines with boobs on one side already in the army) and have chains from them. I hope to sometime do the Psychopomps chief apothecary on a palanquin made of the fused bodies of his slaves, so that might be appropriate to have some chained to him, pulling the palanquin forwards.

True, I just thought of this thread when I saw someone post a Blood Angel and went "hey, TITTAYS! Slaanesh!"

Nice rack...

med_gallery_63428_9407_62139.jpg

...of White Scar heads.

Doom Rider wants his back, and he's seeing if anyone else's will fit in the mean time. So far no luck.

med_gallery_63428_9407_600867.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_41477.jpg

I've already changed the angle of the daemonette masks which form his backpack vents, so they look out to the sides now rather than down as they are in these photos.

A bit of cleaning up and filling to do here and there but I'll be getting his wheels tomorrow! :tu:

Looking good! That is definitely a very, very nice rack. :D The Daemonette claws forming the "mandibles" on the front of the bike are a really nice touch too.

A few ideas for extra touches, add or ignore as necessary-

>The lower legs could do with maybe a bit more bling. I dunno if you could replace the lower legs with Hellstrider rider's boots?
>Perhaps some kind of streaming banner/flag on the back of the bike would be good? It would make him seem bigger and would provide the opportunity for some sweet freehand.

>Something to make the armoured front of the bike a bit wider could be an idea, perhaps Raptor/Warp Talon winglets?
>And finally, if you can sculpt it or find suitable parts for it, plumes of flame jetting out of the exhausts would be a suitably EXTREEEEEEEEEME touch.

Of course as you've probably seen from my own modelling efforts, I am prone to vastly overcomplicating conversions, so take all advice with a grain of salt. In any event, regardless of what you go with it should look awesome.

Thanks for the ideas :tu:

As for his legs: His armour will be FW's clear purple over metallics, and I intend to do the metallics with Leadbelcher then silver scrollwork (then the purple over the top) so I want some space for that to show :)

The bike's actually going to be flying on plumes of smoke coming from the exhausts, being launched into the air :D

I'm not inclined to add a banner as the original doesn't have one, and my biker lord does have one.

I'll think about adding more to the front once the blade-wheels are on!

EDIT: the daemonette claws I stole from another Doom Rider kitbash I found via Google :D

Off to bed now :)

Ooooooh, I like how you think! How are you planning on doing the smoke? I reckon doing it in a sort of spectral green (similar to the seafoam colour you use on the armour of your CSMs but more "glowy") with screaming faces of damned souls painted in places would be pretty awesome, if tricky to do on an irregular surface like smoke.

Doomrider's looking great Kierdale, love the new trophy rack of White Scar heads, very thematic. If I may, given lots of bright colours is kind of the Psychopomps' thing, why not diversify the colour palette a bit by including helms from the White Scar's Successor Chapters like the Dark Hunters, Storm Lords, Solar Hawks, Destroyers, etc?

Also, as a quick suggestion for what to do about Doomie's neck stump, maybe you could sculpt daemonic fire billowing from the hole?

Ooooooh, I like how you think! How are you planning on doing the smoke? I reckon doing it in a sort of spectral green (similar to the seafoam colour you use on the armour of your CSMs but more "glowy") with screaming faces of damned souls painted in places would be pretty awesome, if tricky to do on an irregular surface like smoke.

You're not making this easy for me, are you? :D

Okay, I'll see about some faces in the flames. I still have press-moulds from when I put the daemonette faces and mask on the maulerfiend.

Doomrider's looking great Kierdale, love the new trophy rack of White Scar heads, very thematic. If I may, given lots of bright colours is kind of the Psychopomps' thing, why not diversify the colour palette a bit by including helms from the White Scar's Successor Chapters like the Dark Hunters, Storm Lords, Solar Hawks, Destroyers, etc?

Also, as a quick suggestion for what to do about Doomie's neck stump, maybe you could sculpt daemonic fire billowing from the hole?

I think once I've finshed the full mini, I'll see how the open neck void looks. If I don't like it then I might add some fire.

I might do some of the helmets as a Scars-successor, but I want to focus on his revenge against the Scars.

Aaaaaannnnnddddd:

WHEELS OF STEEL!!

med_gallery_63428_9407_739605.jpg

Had to use a smaller one at the back so it would fit :D

A bit of filling one arm then I'll get onto make the plumes of fire from the exhausts and making the base.

The wheel's feel a little anemic to me. Any chance of gsing them a bit fuller, or do you like the look as is?

To be honest I'm happy with them now, but I do agree they'd look better with twice the number of spikes.

I'll see what I can do :D

As I'm not going to build the Chariot at all I'll be using the bitz elsewhere: the main (standing) daemonette will be on the Howdah/platform atop my knight along with other daemonettes, some of the other wheels may be used to make destroyer blades for a tank if/when we get such options again (with a codex I imagine), and the two steeds and mounted daemonettes: a pair of heralds to nip about heading out +1S to my Daemonette squads (and to my steed mounted Lord when I get one done). Oh and pain. Handing out lots of that.

I got a little more tentacle work done on the dreadclaw too but nothing worth showing yet.

The bike's being launched into the air atop helfire-filled-with-screaming-faces from the exhausts and you want fire coming off the spikes of the wheels??

You don't ask for much, do you? :D

I'll see what I can do. I've already figured out how I can do it.

I was working on my imperial guard plane last night so didn't get any work done on Doom Rider, but I did list up all the models I have for this army (aside for a couple of units which are still on sprues):

HQs:

Biker lord

Jump pack lord

Doom rider (winged daemon prince)

Dark apostle

Sorcerer

Terminator lord

Troops

5 noise marines with blast master

10 cultists

20 (Slaangor) cultists

Fast Attack

5 bikers w/2 melta guns

5 raptors w/2 flamers

3 Chaos spawn

Heavy Support

5 Havocs w/4 autocannons

Maulerfiend w/tentacles

Dedicated Transports

Rhino w/ Havoc launcher

Rhino w/ Havoc launcher

Rhino

Flyers

Bale drake

....works out to about 2250 points or 124 power if it's all on the table. :)

....plus a Dreadclaw in either of those last categories

And a conversion beamer rapier in HS.

Forgot to include:

1 knight

1 herald of Slaanesh

2x10-or-so Daemonettes

Still on sprues:

One more noise marine squad tooled up for CC (pistols and swords, doom siren?)

One havoc squad (four counts-as flamers and a counts-as-combi-flamer)

Two heralds on steeds

Giant spawn

bits of a lord on a double-headed steed

Another biker squad

EDIT: I now realise that rather than a havoc squad with flamers counting a sonic weapons (it would have been interesting in 7th what with templates and flamers ignoring cover) it would be better to do a noise marine squad with sonic blasters. :tu:

I'll be heading to one of my local GW stores on July 2nd and hope to have my first game in over 4 years...so hope to take my Psychopomps. To that end I haven't got any more work done on Doom Rider but have returned to my Baledrake now that I have my (3 sizes of) tentacle maker.

Here's a quick WIP:

med_gallery_63428_9407_347814.jpg

I doubt I can finish painting it but if I can get it undercoated at least then I can use it.

The brown cack behind the pilot is kami-nendo (paste-like papier-m

The resemblance to KrautScientist's Hellrazor is entirely deliberate :D

It's been magnetised for a baleflamer head and a Hades autocannon as I'd like to try it as a Hellblade sometimes. I could do the double-lascannon option too.

EDIT: actually I noticed that the Heldrake and the Helltalon (the bomber) have the same T7 and W12 so, as you said, it might be better counting as a Talon than a Blade (T6, W8).

Anyway, here it is with the dakka :D

med_gallery_63428_9407_681226.jpg

The GS around the front isn't finished yet.

Who know, I might get another in the future...but then again after not building this one straight from the box, it would be difficult not converting the next one too!

I don't know how I've survived this long doing a Slaanesh army without tentacle-makers until now!

med_gallery_63428_9407_279161.jpg

The flesh on the front is done though looks plain. Once it's cured I'll add lots of spikes (the business ends of pins, again) there, and some on the flesh at the rear too (though not a lot at the rear as I cut Dark Tongue runes into the skin there already).

med_gallery_63428_9407_590117.jpg

Once the pins are in I'll get it undercoated.

Oh and this doesn't look too comfortable...

med_gallery_63428_9407_540818.jpg

But you didn't expect a Slaanesh Dreadclaw to have claws, did you?

'Pompdrake'...I like it! :D

And yes, I used the PipeHead as I've never been keen on it but was keen to see what I could do with it.

Aaaaaand hopefully I'll be having a game this Sunday!

So does anyone have any ideas on a 30-power list from the following:

HQ

Biker lord -fistyclaws

Jump pack lord - plasma pistol and power sword....or could be a jump pack sorcerer ;)

Dark apostle

Sorcerer

Terminator lord

Herald of Slaanesh

Elite

10 Fiends

Troops

10 cultists - pistols and CCW

20 (Slaangor) cultists - pistols and CCW

20-or-so daemonettes