You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

My take has been that the Grey Knights couldn't teleport in because the Warp currents were too unpredictable, they couldn't fly in because the winds were too high, and they weren't strong enough to fight their way through all the demons.  So they went to the surviving Sisters and explained the situation, that they had to get to the bloodtide and kill it but needed help.  The Sisters locked and loaded and marched out singing hymns of praise to the Emperor and fell on the demons in righteous fury, gladly giving their lives to carve a path for the Grey Knights to reach and kill the demon that was polluting His world.

Much more satisfying ending, the Sisters still die, but as heroes, not as victims.

My take has been that the Grey Knights couldn't teleport in because the Warp currents were too unpredictable, they couldn't fly in because the winds were too high, and they weren't strong enough to fight their way through all the demons.  So they went to the surviving Sisters and explained the situation, that they had to get to the bloodtide and kill it but needed help.  The Sisters locked and loaded and marched out singing hymns of praise to the Emperor and fell on the demons in righteous fury, gladly giving their lives to carve a path for the Grey Knights to reach and kill the demon that was polluting His world.

Much more satisfying ending, the Sisters still die, but as heroes, not as victims.

They rewrote the ending for 'Codex: Grey Knights' (7th Edition) exactly the way you described. In the 5th Edition, it ended in a way that PERFECTLY JUSTIFIES all the hatred heaped upon the writer, i.e., Matt Ward.

. . . when you almost start crying when you see the new models, and your post includes something like this:

A spiritu dominatus

Domine, libra nos,

From the lightning and the tempest,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From plague, deceit, temptation and war,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From the scourge of the Kraken,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From the blasphemy of the Fallen,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the begetting of daemons,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the curse of the mutant,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

A morte perpetua,

Domine, libra nos.

That thou wouldst bring them only death,

That though shouldst spare none,

That though shouldst pardon none,

We beseech thee, destroy them.

Adore the Immortal Emperor

For He is our Protector.

Admire the Immortal Emperor

For His Sacrifice to Mankind.

Exalt the Immortal Emperor

For His Strict Guidance.

Revere the Immortal Emperor

For His Undying Guard.

Venerate the Immortal Emperor

For His Holy Wisdom.

Honour the Immortal Emperor

For His Eteranal Strength.

Glorify the Immortal Emperor

For His All-seeing Vision.

Praise the Immortal Emperor

For his Enduring Rule.

Hail the Immortal Emperor

For He is the Lord and Master.

Worship the Immortal Emperor

For without Him we are Nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

When you almost derail a news and rumors thread when you mention your distaste for all psykers (even the sanctioned ones)

Wish I had had popcorn for that.
Some people just don't notice the flamer pointed at them, even when they are waist deep in promethium :P

But seriously, I know the fluff says I'm kinda wrong (in that the Emperor was pretty ok with psykers) but I still consider it borderline heresy to like psykers of any kind.

You post any or all of these comments in your clubs FB chat.

...plus bringing much more than 2k of pewter sisters is a good way to do your back in.

...i was thinking about using my cabin luggage suitcase to transport it all

...between our collections there are 8 penitent engines and 5 exorcists, exorcists are about 0.5kg each and penitents are about 0.3 so that's about 5kg for a bakers dozen worth of models.

<at which point you get the scales out.>

...for exactitude. 

exorcists are 423g.

penitents are 179-190 depending how they're based.
normal sisters are 16g
melta/flamer are 18g
heavy bolter/heavy flamer are 26g

...when you only consinder new army projects based on the idea that they aren't heretics, xenos or witches.

...when you know not to get too excited about Fall of Cadia because getting lip service with no real support is the normal position for Sisters in new releases.

...When you track down an old WD issue because it has a modeling article for sculpting GS flames on you Heavy Flamers (don't have it handy but it's both a simple and awesome way to add fire to your flamers so they stand out that much more).

...when you know not to get too excited about Fall of Cadia because getting lip service with no real support is the normal position for Sisters in new releases.

Also when you finally have money to spend and the SoB immolator is no longer in stock after GW put it back up on the web site.

There is a Rhino available, which just the standard one depicted with the long oop decal set. I ordered 2 more Immolators along with Veridyan. Unfortunately, I also added some 'made to order' minis to that order, that was ~23 days ago. Plastic Celestine & her Gemini are probably going to beat them to my hands.

When you almost derail a news and rumors thread when you mention your distaste for all psykers (even the sanctioned ones)

Wish I had had popcorn for that.
Some people just don't notice the flamer pointed at them, even when they are waist deep in promethium :P

But seriously, I know the fluff says I'm kinda wrong (in that the Emperor was pretty ok with psykers) but I still consider it borderline heresy to like psykers of any kind.

That's kind of the point though, isn't it? The Sisters' holy fervour is turned towards an end that has the Emperor banging His head against a metaphorical wall.

That wall had better get out of the way of our most Holy Emperor's radiant cranium, metaphorical or otherwise!

I got a mental picture of the Emperor banging his head against wall in frustration only for the sisters to quickly turn around blow that heretical wall pieces lol:laugh.:

When the first thing you think of when you see a weapon, is, "How well can this weapon destroy the genitals and/or digestive tracts of foul traitors, heretics, Immaterial entities, xenos, and other enemies of the Imperium? And how quickly can this weapon do so? There are many enemies of the Imperium, all of whom must receive spaying, neutering, and/or a suppository."

When you play your first ever Blood Bowl game, are told you'll have a hard time at first against optimal teams and shouldn't give up, and the shop manager trows in from afar "don't worry, he plays Sisters.."

:smile.:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6I7dUBoJLwfSWpXSkJSMTdwdWs

When you play your first ever Blood Bowl game, are told you'll have a hard time at first against optimal teams and shouldn't give up, and the shop manager trows in from afar "don't worry, he plays Sisters.."

:smile.:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6I7dUBoJLwfSWpXSkJSMTdwdWs

If there were flamers in LotR you'd have a sisters of battle army ruleset for Ladies of Gondor too, no ?

It's cool, I like the fluffy rules, they should be play-tested ! :)