You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

. . . well, when you buy this ($10.80 with shipping!)

Hidden Content

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Yy8AAOSwV0RXszpx/s-l1600.jpg

image hidden due to size.

Once again the Emperor provides for his faithful! :biggrin.:

Edited by Servant of Dante

Even when your life is flip turned upside down you find time to come on here and see if there is news for Sisters.

I'm obviously oblivious to whatever has happened, but the Sisters (players) are here for you. I hope you can work through whatever it is :) Edited by Servant of Dante

When you are playing and a guy comes up to you saying that you should expand your army with the new raging hero's line.

Followed by yourself going on a rage filled rant about "Raging Hormones" and how much you dislike them. 

Also they person may or may not have been accused of heresy at some point during said rant....

Note: this may or may not be based on a true story...:tongue.:

When you are playing and a guy comes up to you saying that you should expand your army with the new raging hero's line.

Followed by yourself going on a rage filled rant about "Raging Hormones" and how much you dislike them. 

Also they person may or may not have been accused of heresy at some point during said rant....

Note: this may or may not be based on a true story...:tongue.:

It's not enough to reply with "When they exist, perhaps?"  ;)

When your're wife takes a vow of silence for the day, stubs her toe and screams in agonizing silence mouthing the words "BY THE EMPEROR THAT :censored:: HURT!

It hurt not as much as the fiery wrath that shall be brought down upon that heretical doorframe (or whatever it was) :P

THE EMPEROR SHALL AVENGE HIS FAITHFUL!!! *melodrama increases to 11*

• 2 weeks later...

You remember being disappointed that Sisters had had their Toughness lowered to 3....

You grind your teeth whenever some idiot says that Sisters should not carry the Holy Bolter nor wear the Thrice-Blessed Power Armour....

You've given up even commenting when the Marine player across the table whines about your army having three plus saves....

You remember being disappointed that Sisters had had their Toughness lowered to 3....

You grind your teeth whenever some idiot says that Sisters should not carry the Holy Bolter nor wear the Thrice-Blessed Power Armour....

You've given up even commenting when the Marine player across the table whines about your army having three plus saves....

Hum. I'm getting ticked just hearing that. I was surprised too when someone said that Sisters, an army that has had power armour for their entire existence since 2nd edition, shouldn't have a 3+ armour save (I've only been playing 40k for 3ish years, and Sisters for just 1 year, but I have the 2E codex (and a bunch of the other incarnations of Sisters rules), so I don't remember when the Canoness lost her Toughness 7, but I do like to point out to people that the Canoness had T7 :P)

You know you're a Sisters of Battle player if other players tell you that the core elements of your army need to be nerfed "to make sense" :furious:

I suppose I just have to conclude they are all heretics. :tongue.:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2i0er0p.jpg

(I didn't make this, of course :tongue.:)

I'm still ticked. I have 2 pet peeves when it comes to Sisters: "sexy Sisters" and "you're equipment should be worse than Space Marines because reasons"

Forgive my temerity but Sisters were depicted as wearing Power Armour and carrying Bolt guns in the original 40K:RT rulebook.

I once had an argument with a fellow on the old GW boards about Sisters being BS3 because some SOB players considered that too close to being a space marine.

/scratches at his purifying sackcloth.

Edited by Zoatibix

Forgive my temerity but Sisters were depicted as wearing Power Armour and carrying Bolt guns in the original 40K:RT rulebook.

I once had an argument with a fellow on the old GW boards about Sisters being BS3 because some SOB players considered that too close to being a space marine.

/scratches at his purifying sackcloth.

Ah, thank you for reminding me (yes, there's that picture of a Sister shooting a Rainbow Warrior, right?)

But Space Marines where just humans at that point too, right? So there was no grounds for conflict.

I do so enjoy looking back at the old rules and such. Even though I've only been playing a couple years, I try to be up on my old rules and fluff. :tongue.:

I'd love to get my hands on the book that had the RT Sisters rules in it . . . was it just the Codex Imperialis? I haven't done a ton of research into the organization of the RT rules.

Sigh. Well, they where stupid (in my opinion, of course). I'm sure you're aware that there is a precedent for BS 3 Sisters, as much as that bothers me. In the list in the 3E core rulebook, and the subsequent Chapter Approved list from White Dwarf (or Chapter Approved 2002 in my case) all Sisters had BS 3 *shiver*

. . . when your response to "who wants to play Deathwatch?" (the FFG RPG), was "only if I can play an ascended Dark Heresy Sister" :P

That campaign's kinda stalled out right now, but my other PbP campaign, with my other Sister character (well, she's a novice) is coming along nicely (that one was actually me and another Sisters player looking for a campaign together).

If one is interested, the IC thread for that one can be found here (it's not on the B&C).

. . . when your response to "who wants to play Deathwatch?" (the FFG RPG), was "only if I can play an ascended Dark Heresy Sister" :tongue.:

That campaign's kinda stalled out right now, but my other PbP campaign, with my other Sister character (well, she's a novice) is coming along nicely (that one was actually me and another Sisters player looking for a campaign together).

If one is interested, the IC thread for that one can be found here (it's not on the B&C).

I've played two SoB characters in our "Rogue Dark Watch" campaigns.

The first one was a bit of a disaster. The GM insisted my character have visions of an Emperor who was unhappy with being worshipped as a god, I guess because he had only recently been reading HH books. I decided that was too far off the rails for what I wanted my character to be, so if I couldn't be what I wanted to be then I wouldn't be what he wanted me to be either, so I had her fall to Khorne and become a distaff Khârn.

My second attempt was exactly the same character with a different name. She was the battle-buddy of the first Sister, sent out into the galaxy to figure out if the rumours of her falling were true and to solve the problem if they were.

I had to tell the GM quite firmly that I wasn't going to RP any fun-loving heresy, or put up with any attempts at "romance" of any kind. As reasonable as I had to play her to be out and about in the galaxy by herself, working with far less than desirable people doing more than questionable things, she was still a dangerous individual with absolute faith in the Emperor.

. . . when your response to "who wants to play Deathwatch?" (the FFG RPG), was "only if I can play an ascended Dark Heresy Sister" :tongue.:

I've played two SoB characters in our "Rogue Dark Watch" campaigns.

The first one was a bit of a disaster. The GM insisted my character have visions of an Emperor who was unhappy with being worshipped as a god, I guess because he had only recently been reading HH books. I decided that was too far off the rails for what I wanted my character to be, so if I couldn't be what I wanted to be then I wouldn't be what he wanted me to be either, so I had her fall to Khorne and become a distaff Khârn.

My second attempt was exactly the same character with a different name. She was the battle-buddy of the first Sister, sent out into the galaxy to figure out if the rumours of her falling were true and to solve the problem if they were.

I had to tell the GM quite firmly that I wasn't going to RP any fun-loving heresy, or put up with any attempts at "romance" of any kind. As reasonable as I had to play her to be out and about in the galaxy by herself, working with far less than desirable people doing more than questionable things, she was still a dangerous individual with absolute faith in the Emperor.

I would almost welcom a GM that tries to push an NPC onto my Sister so that I can shoot said NPC in the head if they don't back off. (If the GM is just being ignorant it should hopefully help them learn their fluff, or they may be looking forward to seeing a hapless idiot getting the snot beat out of him :P )

The campaign I linked to actually started with me and the other Sisters player looking for a GM. We tend to agree on most points of Sisters fluff, so it is quite fun. And the other player and the GM where aware of what our characters where going to be like, so it works nicely. :)

I still want to GM a game of Dark Heresy.

I would almost welcom a GM that tries to push an NPC onto my Sister so that I can shoot said NPC in the head if they don't back off. (If the GM is just being ignorant it should hopefully help them learn their fluff, or they may be looking forward to seeing a hapless idiot getting the snot beat out of him :P )

Pretty much my response has always been, "roll for initiative, Mr. GM, because he's about to get shot in the face."

Edited by Warsmith Aznable

• 2 weeks later...