ETL III is coming....

Completely new to this (and the Horus Heresy) so my vow would be one 10 man Legion Tactical Squad.

If it goes well I'll make another vow (if I am allowed), perhaps a Praetor or a Contemptor Dreadnought. Also got a bunch of Terminators sitting around...

Ok I've got a plan in mind but it's not set in stone as yet, need the next payday for that to roll around but as we stand it's looking like I'm going to push a bunch of models from:

Praetor

Champion

Master of Signal

Primus Medicae

Command Squad

Librarian

Tactical Squad

3 Terror Squads

6 Outriders

5 Terminators

Contemptor Dreadnought 

Sicaran

I need to tot points but I'll be breaking them down as and when they're done.

I'm in!  I have another 10 Breacher's built that need to be painted.  I'm really slow, I have a 4 year old and a new baby at home so spare time is a bit of rare commodity.  But I'll do my part.

10 man Legion Breacher squad. (completes a 20 man squad)

Contemptor Dred. 

Do we sign up here or on another thread?.

Hi, you can count me in for this. Finally started my Xth legion this week, sema like a good time to start the few £££ I dropped at Christmas. built 20 cataphractii and started painting my praetor using the FW painting guide.

List of stuff to paint:

Iron father

20 cataphractii

2 Spartans

20 immortals

2 contemptors

10 man tactical support squad

I'm a little confused on how to enter but I'm in either way.

Legion Praetor

170pts

-archeotech pistol paragon blade iron halo

Legion centurion

95pts

-charnable sabre

Legion Destroyer Squad

175pts

- rad missile launcher harness

Legion Recon Squad

160pts

-4 sniper rifles 1 plasma pistol

Legion Tactical Squad

180pts

- Power weapon nuncio vox vexillia

Legion Tactical Squad

180pts

- power weapon nuncio vox vexillia

Legion Despoiler Squad

200pts

- extra CC power weapon nuncio vox vexillia

Legion Fellblade

525pts

Legion Rhino

55pts

- extra armour hunter killer missile

Legion Rhino

55pts

- extra armour hunter killer missile

Edit: 1795pts

To start with remember they will be bulked out to full size so 20 tac 20 despoiler 10 destroyer 10 recon with all the extras from my list plus I need all my tanks.

And I thought to be fair things such as melta bombs cameo line artificer armour shouldn't be added into the points cost as I feel it isn't honourable to do so in the challenge

Hmmmmm, I may partake.  I did try out two test models, although they are not complete(but I can always just add two more and paint them up)...

So this may be what I am doing(not decided yet):

Praetor

Master of Signal

2 x Apothecary

2 x 10 man Tactical Squad

10 x Heavy Support Squad w/Autocannons

Contemptor Dreadnought

To start with remember they will be bulked out to full size so 20 tac 20 despoiler 10 destroyer 10 recon with all the extras from my list plus I need all my tanks.

And I thought to be fair things such as melta bombs cameo line artificer armour shouldn't be added into the points cost as I feel it isn't honourable to do so in the challenge

yeah, i'm leave out the points for unseen gear too. padding for points is pointless.  I may however reinforce some unites with more marines. I have yet to make a full 20 man tac squad. lol

Really Jaspcat?! really. teehee.gif

so this year around I was going to rep the crap out of HH for ETL.........but we all know that ain't going to fly!

*sigh*

looks like I am relegated to cheerleader for the Legions......

oh yeah, nurgle in a chearleading outfit........just let that sink in a bit!

On a related note, does anyone know if FW has an official painting guide for Luna Wolves? They've got two different methods of painting white for Death Guard and World Eaters, is there a third method for Luna Wolves?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/h/Horus_Heresy_Painting_Guide.pdf

super easy!

1. grey spray primer.

2. BASECOAT: Ceramite White with a few drops of nuln oil to get it a little more off white add Lahmian Medium to thin it to about twice the thickness of milk.

3. EDGE HIGHLIGHT: White Scar.

some thoughts, with the white this thin, you will have to do multiple coats, but the finish will be smoother than silk! while basecoating, leave the recesses. and because there is no wash in this method, be sure to "create" shadows where you want them. (under tubeing, bottom of arms,etc.)

so simple!

Hmmmmm, I may partake. I did try out two test models, although they are not complete(but I can always just add two more and paint them up)...

So this may be what I am doing(not decided yet):

Praetor

Master of Signal

2 x Apothecary

2 x 10 man Tactical Squad

10 x Heavy Support Squad w/Autocannons

Contemptor Dreadnought

which legion?

I had originally planned on

Praetor(rework of the Hellhammer siegebreaker)

primus Medicae

5X deathshrowds

1 despoiler squad

1 breacher squad

1 heavy support squad(heavy flamers!)

1 Sicaran venator

it would have been glorious and I had ALL of the models ready to prime. so sad.unsure.png

On a related note, does anyone know if FW has an official painting guide for Luna Wolves?  They've got two different methods of painting white for Death Guard and World Eaters, is there a third method for Luna Wolves?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/h/Horus_Heresy_Painting_Guide.pdf

super easy!

1. grey spray primer.

2. BASECOAT: Ceramite White with a few drops of nuln oil to get it a little more off white add Lahmian Medium to thin it to about twice the thickness of milk.

3. EDGE HIGHLIGHT: White Scar.

some thoughts, with the white this thin, you will have to do multiple coats, but the finish will be smoother than silk! while basecoating, leave the recesses. and because there is no wash in this method, be sure to "create" shadows where you want them. (under tubeing, bottom of arms,etc.)

so simple!

Thanks.  Do you have any pics of how it comes out?

I will try and get some stuff done, and can hopefully put in an order soon for more resin goodness.

If one shoulder pad is unfinished on each model (see my log) would that count as unfinished?

I will try and get some stuff done, and can hopefully put in an order soon for more resin goodness.

If one shoulder pad is unfinished on each model (see my log) would that count as unfinished?

If that is true, I will replace all my old marines with new legion shoulder pads ;)

In my brain I been working on an alternate great crusade/heresy.

Yous guys may just see some models from the little universe in my head.

Oh and not to mention, I owe Furioso Prime pictures of some converted termintors.

Hmmmm...

Archived