ETL III is coming....

Remember, Brothers, the models can be up to the point of a basecoat/early stages of painting.

That's ten days. TEN DAYS. To prep all vehicles, glue parts together, scrape mold lines, clip sprues, make conversions, greenstuff, etc.

Use your time wisely. Prepare not only for victory, but a victory you can be proud of. We shall not make the mistake of rushing to finish a model, and making mistakes.

Because Forgeworld is expensive. sweat.gif

Remember, Brothers, the models can be up to the point of a basecoat/early stages of painting.

That's ten days. TEN DAYS. To prep all vehicles, glue parts together, scrape mold lines, clip sprues, make conversions, greenstuff, etc.

Use your time wisely. Prepare not only for victory, but a victory you can be proud of. We shall not make the mistake of rushing to finish a model, and making mistakes.

Because Forgeworld is expensive. :sweat:

BEST. ADVICE. EVER!

There is no point in completing anything unless you painted to the best of your ability! Remember, the minis will stay with you a long time after the ETL is over. I want you to look at them and proudly say: I painted this during the ETL! Not: bloody ETL, look what you made me do!

So follow Heathens' sage advice! Last year the overall quality of the HH forum earned them the right to collectively wear the badge of the most impressive miniature. Although this won't happen again (the badge will be awarded to an individual) you already have a proud tradition to uphold. You and all other forums too! :D

Because Forgeworld is expensive. sweat.gif

BEST. ADVICE. EVER!

There is no point in completing anything unless you painted to the best of your ability! Remember, the minis will stay with you a long time after the ETL is over. I want you to look at them and proudly say: I painted this during the ETL! Not: bloody ETL, look what you made me do!

So follow Heathens' sage advice! Last year the overall quality of the HH forum earned them the right to collectively wear the badge of the most impressive miniature. Although this won't happen again (the badge will be awarded to an individual) you already have a proud tradition to uphold. You and all other forums too! biggrin.png

well, no way in hell im going to win that award, but im going to try ;)

Ahh, for ETL "allies" means using units from two otherwise unrelated Codices/books and as such they are not allowed. If the units come from the same or related books then they are not allies, they are the same force for the purposes of the ETL.

So units from all and any of HH book are not allies per se for ETL purposes (although they may be under game rules) and as such there is no restriction on the units you use. You can do units from any Legion or AdMech that you feel like.

Another example of related Codices is the Astra Mlitarum and the Scions. Or the Chaos Marines and the Chaos Daemons (this has to do with the B&C structure too).

Unrelated Codices are for example DAs and BAs. There will be a very analytical description when the rules become available! smile.png

Wait so for non heresy, templars will be part of the iron hands, white scar's, other generic space marines tag this year??

Ahh, for ETL "allies" means using units from two otherwise unrelated Codices/books and as such they are not allowed. If the units come from the same or related books then they are not allies, they are the same force for the purposes of the ETL.

So units from all and any of HH book are not allies per se for ETL purposes (although they may be under game rules) and as such there is no restriction on the units you use. You can do units from any Legion or AdMech that you feel like.

Another example of related Codices is the Astra Mlitarum and the Scions. Or the Chaos Marines and the Chaos Daemons (this has to do with the B&C structure too).

Unrelated Codices are for example DAs and BAs. There will be a very analytical description when the rules become available! :)

Wait so for non heresy, templars will be part of the iron hands, white scar's, other generic space marines tag this year??

Yes and no... It's complicated. Don't worry though, honour will be preserved. You'll see... ;)

Yessir ten days to get my first vow's worth of models ready for the paint brush. I may even put the raptors togethe(i have enough for a definite 5 of them) or a terror squad unit; waiting for the heads and torsos to arrive, going to mix it with various armor, some MkV stuff, and a unit of SoH Reavers (who are going to be vandalized for the sake of the Night Haunter) coming in.

Oh no, and I have ten breachers coming! 6 jetbikes and a Javelin are also on standby! golly gee do I do? May e th first vow will be mostly troops then. Decisions to be made!

I think I'm going to miss out on this one.  Between the order I've already put in for models, having to buy all new paints and restocking on hobby supplies and tools (whatever I've lost while moving or has gone kaput since I last did anything hobby related... almost 5 years ago at this point) isn't in the budget for the next few months.  I could get the models assembled, puttied, and based, but fully painted?  Probably not, when I'm going to spend as much on brushes, paints, etched brass, and transfers as I did on the models.

I feel your pain kitwulfen. It is often overlooked but the cost of the hobby supplies is quite large... Get everything in place and maybe next ETL you'll be set up and join.

Having said that, even a single character is a welcome addition! :)

The captain is right every little bit helps.

What's needed is completed vows. It doesn't matter about the size as long as they're completed. If we can get 10 people who were not going to join in making and completing a single 100 points vow then that's an extra 1000 points to the total. If they make 2 vows each of 100 points that's 2000 points extra we wouldn't have had. So if you've got the stuff to complete any models you would help out a lot by joining in even of it's just a few points!!!!

We need to get the word out to anyone currently working on HH models to join up even if it's a single model. It takes the pressure of the few who are doing bigger vows to not push their vows overly large and then fail to complete a few models of that vow which then means we loose a big chunk of possible points.

From personal experience I did the top points for the SW's last year and came close to dropping all my points due to issues getting photos taken in time and then uploaded.

I would suggest doing an escalation type thing for those that don't want a large upfront cost or may not have the time.  Get a HQ model (avg around 100 pts) and paint it for your first vow.  Then grab a troop (avg around 300 pts) then a second...I three voaws you have a core force and around 700 pts added to the cause. 

Even just a finished HQ will help.  I would prefer a high completion rate over a large number of points. 

I feel your pain kitwulfen. It is often overlooked but the cost of the hobby supplies is quite large... Get everything in place and maybe next ETL you'll be set up and join.

Having said that, even a single character is a welcome addition! :)

The cost of rehab for the resin crack addiction is even more!

Yes, yes it is.  Like I just got my terror squad bits in...  I need more...  more... MOAR!!!  Oh yah, more is coming...  Ugh, my wallet hates itself...

Annnnnd, I still need to get a few more chainglaives...

Does it just have to be models? I wanted to make a Mk. II Night Lords human sized shoulder pad. If not s'all good I'll still make it for oersonal pleasure

Lol, that counts as 2000 points right? :D

Ok, i have just created an account because of you guys motivating everyone to participate...

It won't be very much, but Typhon and 5, maybe 10 destroyer will be painted for the heresy!

Wecome to the forge crack club brother! get to it! lol

Archived