ETL III is coming....

About 6 days till I state my vow.  

I think after assessing the models and looking thru what I have and what I have received (just got 10 x breacher marines, Reaver squad, SoH Command, 10 x Volite Chargers, Land Raider Extra Armor, and 5 x MK VI Corvus Armour which was supposed to be MK V) I will probably be doing the following:

Praetor

Master of Signal

2 x Apothecary

15-20 x Tactical Squad

15-20 x Tactical Squad

5-10 x Heavy Support Squad (Autocannons) - this number depends on if I want to boost my tactical squad numbers

5-10 x Terror Squad (Heavy Chainsword, 3-8 x Volkites, Chainglaive) - the number depends on if I am going to have a Command Squad for the Praetor

Contemptor Dreadnought (Kheres Assault Cannon, CCW w/Plasma Blaster)

*Land Raider Phobos - maybe

*4 x Command Squad - maybe

Still some assembly to do, I may brek this up into 2-3 separate vows.  But I do plan to have them done.

Which faction do you think will push you guys for the title?

I've narrowed it down to either 30k loyalists or 30k traitors that will win msn-wink.gif

Hey, Semper, would it be possible to keep track of the tallies for each side separately as well as collectively?

@ chaplain mortis: at the moment I plan for one prize for the event as a whole. It is an award I'm least comfortable with because it's based on subjective criteria... If I put one in each forum I run the risk of creating disputes - something I really want to avoid...

@ Tdf4638: I could I guess but I think, given the releases by FW it will be heavily biased towards the Traitors... There will be a time that things will even out and then the loyalist vs. traitor would be the standard thing to do. In fact "Loyalty & Treachery", the 30k dedicated event I run last year and plan to run again this year, will probably take the shape of loyalists vs. traitors pretty soon. Let's wait for SW, DAs and BAs to make an appearence (rumours have them in 2Q14 & 1Q15) and then things will even out... ;)

A few questions for Captain Semper....

1. Is it acceptable to paint something that does not require my children to go without food for a month?
  2. I have a squad that didn't cost me £50, is that a valid entry?
  3. Is it true that we have to paint Iron Warriors, Night Lords or World Eaters to be officially accepted to climb on the bandwagon?

Oh hold on a minute, its ok. Im not entering in the Horus Heresy Faction.

Hahahaha prepare to become bankrupt and still not win the ETL suckers.

Angels of Death is where its at.

PS: All good natured by the way, it's the spirit of the ETL msn-wink.gif

As I said in the Prepping for the ETL thread, I've decided to play for the HH team. The Admech forum is being rolled with SOBs, GK, and IG. I'd much rather post here, which means I can post my IH I've been building as well.

Let's remind those thin bloods who the real marines are!

Well I'm in - unfortunately my big block was finished during Loyalty & Treachery aha - however I shall be pledging Ferruth Manuth, 3 Thallaxi and possibly 5 Man Comm. Squad + Contemptor... All for the tarnished glory of the Xth :D

I didn't realise it was possible to post with a lisp ;)

looking forward to seeing your vows brother

Ive built 10 medusan immortals this week, hopefully another 5-10 this afternoon. Then its on to the spartans!

I basecoated my cataphractii Is this a problem as there is paint on them and there not unpainted as such.

I was going to do the whole lot in one go but as ive read that can be a little risky as it would be 2500+ points or 0. So i think this is how im gonna do it.

Vow 1:Preator

Vow 2: 20 Cataphractii

Vow 3: 2 Spartans

Vow 4: 20 Medusan Immortals

Vow 5: 10 tactical marines with plasma guns

Im hoping this will be ok for everyone.

[*]Is it true that we have to paint Iron Warriors, Night Lords or World Eaters to be officially accepted to climb on the bandwagon)

it is entirely untrue, for I believe I'm quite unpopular for a night lord :p

I thought that night lords as a rule were just generally unpopular? ;)

@rumour control:

Base coats/primer is fine to start with, any more is where the line is drawn.

Whatever your vow is, that's gonna be fine, every little helps. :D

Just a quick message to anyone who is doing a Raven Guard legion army. Rather than representing a forum made up mostly from members who's forces are predominately to blame for the decimation of your legion. You could represent them as a counts as force using the 40K Codex (most vehicles could be covered in IA II 2nd ed). This way you can join in the competition over in the Angels of Death Raven Guard sub forum, and not have sleepless nights about the company you keep whistlingW.gif

Same applies for Fists, do you really want to share your glory with the Sons of Perturabo?

Iron hands? Fulgrim will be made up to finally have his beloved brothers warriors fight on his side won't he?

Salamanders, well we are pretty desperate to have a someone represent 40k sallys.

Thanks

No worries bud. Yep you pledge your vows from the 1st, I expect a new thread will be started by semper on that day. Along with your vow you need to post a before pic (upto assembled and base coat, but no more) and when you complete a finished pic. That's the minimum required.

Of course many people like to create a wip thread to detail everything in between.

Just a quick message to anyone who is doing a Raven Guard legion army. Rather than representing a forum made up mostly from members who's forces are predominately to blame for the decimation of your legion. You could represent them as a counts as force using the 40K Codex (most vehicles could be covered in IA II 2nd ed). This way you can join in the competition over in the Angels of Death Raven Guard sub forum, and not have sleepless nights about the company you keep :whistling:

Same applies for Fists, do you really want to share your glory with the Sons of Perturabo?

Iron hands? Fulgrim will be made up to finally have his beloved brothers warriors fight on his side won't he?

Salamanders, well we are pretty desperate to have a someone represent 40k sallys.

Thanks

Haha that's brilliant!

Hey Rumour Control,

If there is anything you find confusing ask or PM me and I'll gladly explain. The rules will become available on May 1st as will the thread (Strategium) where you can post your vows.

As I said, if there is anything you want to discuss further either ask here or PM me. :)

Archived