Just an update to all threads I follow: Cormac Airt is now Conn Eremon.

Sure you are.

That's just what you'd like us to believe, isn't it... Alpharius?

... Blast, I'm letting my paranoia get the better of me again.

Congrats on the new name!

• 5 weeks later...

Since I appreantly killed the thread again last time, I guess I'd better at least try and revive it. :laugh.:

So then, What's next for the Liber Cluster?

I know I can't really do anything much with the Aetheric Swords right at the moment, since the Battle of Grennarch is still a work in progress, but I'm game to write up anything that still needs writing up.

Uh, maybe.

I think it might be a better plan to first sort out what our next step is, and who's still active.

Not much point in moving house before we've packed up properly, if you'll pardon my clumsy use of metaphor. :laugh.:

Alright. I'll take that as a no. ^_^

Ahem. So, I know I still need to rewrite the Devoted and the Untaken sections I posted up aaaaages ago, so there's that. As far as Chapter contributors go, I know ArcticPaladin is still around, as well as WadeReyner, SanguiniusReborn, Teetengee, deathspectresgt7, helterskelter, Astus, you, me and Conn. We're missing Aegnor (not been on since July), GreyCrow (been away from the boards since before xmas) and Sanguine_Knight (MIA since August). I can look up other involved fraters if necessary.

Might be worth it, after a good clean through and, as Ace suggested, a clear direction for expansion to start it off. 

What I feel like the issue with our current state of affairs is, is that we tried to focus too much onto too small an affair. The Eighteen Worlds Crusade was immensely fun, and the lore we created behind it is extensive, in-depth and very entertaining. But because of our tight focus, momentum was too easily lost. I believe I led us into the same trap as the Liber Campaign.

So what I think might be best, after determining who's still around and interested (thanks Olis), is to see how many of us still really want to write about individual accounts of the Crusade, and who wants to move on and where to. Depending on the response, we might end up stopping the in-depth Imperial Armour route and tie the Crusade up, Codex footnote style. I want to make sure we don't discount that route, even if it does seem anti-climactic. The Liber Cluster has potential to be vastly greater than the Eighteen Worlds Crusade, and if it's tying us down than let's cut it loose.

What I really want to see us get to first and really finalize is less the events or places of the Liber Cluster, but the who's who. I think the most fun I had in this project has been expanding general, Codex-style lore rather than more narrative story-telling, and doing the change-ups on who of those involved does what.

I also want to clarify, while Olis provided a list of those who were the more involved the last time the Liber Cluster was active, it does not represent all of who we want to be involved again. We would love to have see some new faces in this thread. There's room for everybody.

I also want to clarify, while Olis provided a list of those who were the more involved the last time the Liber Cluster was active, it does not represent all of who we want to be involved again. We would love to have see some new faces in this thread. There's room for everybody.

I know I left out some fairly major contributors but for the sake of brevity I stuck to the simplest list we have. I'd certainly want to see fresh blood in amongst the older faces. However, I'd really like to see what 1000heathens Hyaenidae can pitch in - his Sereiki Lions were an inspiration. ^_^

Hail brothers, I am still present and willing to continue with this project. Also, I hope to finish up my part of mine and ArcticPaladin's EWC story soon, I would have had it done sooner but real life has been getting in the way of my writing time.

im still up for this just seemed like no one cared anymore....

I think everyone was waiting for someone else to post something. :laugh.:

It's good to see there's a lot of folks still around and taking an interest, though. :happy.:

Gone is the man you all know as ArcticPaladin. I return to you reborn, under a new alias. I have chosen to embrace my Terran roots and shall henceforth be known as Tiberius Cato. With this new identity I hope to put forth new ideas and be of great aid in this corner of imperial space. This new year is full of new opportunities, and I intend to not let them pass me by and I look forward to what we can create for the Cluster. May the Emperor guide you in your endeavours, brothers.

Well, as far a roll calls go, we've had a pretty good sound out so far. A reasonable amount of already involved members are still keeping their fingers on the pulse enough that they've popped in at the hint of further activity. Anyway, it seems that as a priority we need to finish the EWC (Eighteen Worlds Crusade) by whatever means. Other things that we can do are:

• Keep working on the Chapters involved, preferably as Conn would have it - each person adds a chunk to a different Chapter.
  • Attempt to branch out and detail other Imperial forces and organisations as we go (fresh members are always welcome). That means Imperial Guard, the Sisters of Battle, the Mechanicus, the Inquisition and any other Imperial body you can think of. Also, let's not forget, the traitors and renegades of the cluster are equally welcome and encouraged to swell their ranks. We cannot forget our dark denizens, now, can we?
  • Possibly start a new thread. I think, by rights, we should leave this to Conn's discretion.

I have up to page 60 combed through. Once I get all the way caught up, I'll update what I've been putting in the first few posts, and I'll use that to create a new thread around. It shouldn't take much, as the last nine pages weren't as jam-packed as a few of the earlier ones. I believe the Eighteen Worlds Crusade is sitting roughly the same place, with only a couple updates.

The new thread will kick off with a new assignment.

In the meantime, what I want to know from everybody is what you would like to do. What is foremost in your interests and ideas for the Liber Cluster? I won't be handing out personalized assignments like that, but it'll help me understand where the community's interests lie, which I will try to keep the project focused on.

My interest lie in finishing up the EWC and seeing what kind of impact that has on the Cluster. There is also the matter of figuring out what happens to the Liberite chapters in the aftermath of Vandire's reign of blood. After that think maybe another campaign to unite the Astarte's of the Cluster could be interesting. Perhaps a xenos empire will emerged from the darkness of Garand in the Englican sector, blindsiding the chapter's there requiring the full might of the Cluster to crush this new threat underfoot.

Archived