I'll have to read up on what the Blades were last doing then I should be able to write something up for their battle. About 500 words? Any requests?

Don't leave it open ended? :)

I'll have to read up on what the Blades were last doing then I should be able to write something up for their battle. About 500 words? Any requests?

Don't leave it open ended? :smile.:

:tongue.: Here is my half of the Heroda IV battle then:

The Conquest of Heroda IV:

The Blades of the Lion and the Black Judges had been tasked with defeating Sereiki Lion forces on the agri-world of Heroda IV by Crusade High Command. The world had been torched by the traitors during their rise to power centuries prior to the Eighteen Words Crusade but had now flourished under their rule to become prosperous and –derp—once again. The Blades had contributed two companies to the assault alongside an unknown strength force of Black Judges and a regiment of the Imperial Guard who would garrison Heroda after the Sereiki Lions had been crushed.

The strength and disposition of the enemy forces were mostly unknown to the assault fleet and the Blades allowed the Judges to go ahead of the main force to provide recon and pinpoint enemy leadership so that the Blades could combat drop and eliminate them without causing considerable collateral damage to the production facilities on the agriworld. The Judges had requested to be given a week before the Blades and the Imperial Guard began their assault stating that would allow them to fully investigate enemy presence and disable any orbital detection grids or defences and once they had achieved these objectives they would relay their findings to the Blades and the Imperial Guard commanders.

After the week had passed the Judges sent a transmission advising the orbital defences and leadership elements of the Herodan PDF has been neutralised and a sizeable force of Sereiki Lions made up of traitor Space Marines and a large force of Coyotes dug in around the northern pole of the planet. The Imperial forces planned to launch their assault by attacking the enemy force from three directions – the Imperial Guard would form the main thrust and directly assault the traitor forces head on backed up by their artillery and orbital bombardments from the pair of Blades strike cruisers.

The Imperial Guard landed upon Heroda IV without meeting any resistance from enemy ground defences and began their assault on the enemy fortifications in force – Leman Russ battle tanks and Basilisk artillery hammering the Coyote forces from afar as infantry poured forth to try and break through the lines. The outer ring of defences fell within hours and as the Guard rushed forwards to press the advantage against the next line of fortifications they came up against a company of Sereiki Lions Space Marines and the advance was stopped in its tracks which allowed the Coyotes to regroup and charge causing massive casualties. With the Imperial Guard on the backfoot and the enemy in too close the Blades strike cruisers could not fire their bombardment cannons in support, this was the moment the Black Judges revealed themselves and hammered the enemy forces from the rear with their bolters cutting down dozens of Coyotes before they could react and pinning the enemy Space Marines.

Now that the tables had been turned the Blades of the Lion began their ground assault – two full companies speeding towards the enemy lines on their bikes and armoured transports. The Blades charged through the final line of forts to assault the enemy command complex, seeing the state of the Imperial Guard lines First Captain Lanniston ordered the Third Company the reinforce the Guard whilst his company went in alone to purge the enemy commanders. After the battle had ended the Black Judges quickly left the planet leaving the Guardsmen and Blades to mop up any resistance and refortify the planet. The Guard discovered that there had been three orbital defence stations before the Judges had taken them out via unknown means and caused them to crash into the planet destroying massive areas of food production plants and civilian population centres. One of the junior officers had commented that Heroda IV had been better off before the Eighteen World Crusade but he was quickly executed by a Commissar who had overheard him. Captain Lanniston and several Blades Chaplains were also seen capturing enemy commanders and dragging them to one of the First Company Thudnerhawks but when his actions were questioned by the Imperial Guard commander he told him it was “Chapter business”.

------

It is a bit long (almost 700 words!) but I enjoyed writing it and intentionally left it a bit open as to what the Black Judges had been up to for a week and what went on when the First Company assaulted the enemy command bunkers... 

After 10-20 pages and at least 4 months I am back. My hobby time was restricted and I felt it better spent mostly on wip things rather than trying to catch up on this beast. I have now done so.
Firstly, I was super sad when the kin suicide bombed the conclave, super super upsetting. Well done, but I cried a little on the inside.
Doomsayers return means salvation of the angels exultant before their fall, which I feel is an important story to get to, but in the next thread.

Minor thoughts:
I am going to follow the craftworld to dark city to provide feedback.

Other provinces for the Eagles I think should probably include a Massachusetts/New England themed group (Lexington and Concord, pilgrims, tea party, boston massacre, etc.), Virginia/ Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania for political and historical reasons, and NY because of NYC in space

Middle thoughts:
I really want to see the Aetheric Swords and the Angels Exultant fight together at some point and for it to go splendidly, much to the angel's surprise to show all that singing/black rage control deal long ago aluded to.

There was a xenoheretic astartes force mentioned. I suggest the names the Inspired or Affirmed. Additionally, I think that Black Falcons New Bloods should start to see a greater lethality rate near them, (defection, but minor).

Big Thought:
To me the lions seem like some serious bad guys. It seems to me that the lions are planning something truly horrific, like escaping and then detonating the 18 planets in a multisystem fireball, crippling ships and killing untold billions, they have shown way too much a. competence, b. capacity to exploit weakness, and c. love of using traps to not have something big in store. at the very least, part of me wants to see the negotiations begin to happen, and then black judges and/or angels exultant (because those two are the least stable/ might be worried about something in their behavior towards the enemy reflecting poorly) show up and murderate the :censored:  thereby triggering his deadmen switch/ back up plan of troop escapes and the above fireball. Meanwhile, so much Imperial blood has been spent on them, (for instance more on a single planet then all of Vraks), I feel like they should be shattered at the end, the lions that may escape to the void will never threaten the imperium as the lions again (not to say those who abandoned ship earlier wouldn't do so on their own, looking at you Untaken).

Finally: CONNNNNNNNNN, I am ready, give me a task.

EDIT: Did some more rereading. Judging my timelines, the Angels should Fall sometime in the mid to later part of M37 or at the latest early M38. Although, I imagine that a few holdouts may last much longer than that, especially if they attach//absorb to the Aetheric Swords (assuming the Swords aren't destroyed).

Also, I will look through for something untaken to write, unless Conn tells me otherwise, hopefully in the EWC.

Around September, I had assigned the Angels Exultant and Iron Ravagers to an agri-world called Cenicika. If you copy that word and paste it in the search bar up top, you'll see everything said on it so far (not much). Aegnor's been absent for a while, but if you want to approach him on it before writing something you can. Considering our current desire to get it all wrapped up, you can put something out on your own if you'd like.

Edit:

Six remaining missions:

1. Captain Nameless, taking the Sereiki Lions to Andalus (present and accounted for)

2. Sanguine_Knight, taking the Black Falcons to Thravis Prime (not present or accounted for)

3. Tiberius Cato and SanguiniusReborn, taking the Eagles of Glory and Scarlet Sentinels to Baluarte (present, accounted for, and probably working on their 25th page of content)

4. Aegnor and Teetengee, taking the Iron Ravagers and Angels Exultant to Cenicika (Teetengee is present and accounted for)

5. Conn EremonWade Garrett and TDF, taking the Lords Inviolate, Black Judges and half of the Heralds of Letum to Evin Prime (Wade Garrett is present and accounted for)

6. Astus, keeping the remaining half of the Heralds of Letum at Venet (present and accounted for)

For those who have completed their work and would like to help the 1st/2nd wave be completed, 2 is free game, while 4 & 5 could do with some extra hands

After 10-20 pages and at least 4 months I am back. My hobby time was restricted and I felt it better spent mostly on wip things rather than trying to catch up on this beast. I have now done so.

Firstly, I was super sad when the kin suicide bombed the conclave, super super upsetting. Well done, but I cried a little on the inside.

Doomsayers return means salvation of the angels exultant before their fall, which I feel is an important story to get to, but in the next thread.

Minor thoughts:

I am going to follow the craftworld to dark city to provide feedback.

Other provinces for the Eagles I think should probably include a Massachusetts/New England themed group (Lexington and Concord, pilgrims, tea party, boston massacre, etc.), Virginia/ Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania for political and historical reasons, and NY because of NYC in space

Middle thoughts:

I really want to see the Aetheric Swords and the Angels Exultant fight together at some point and for it to go splendidly, much to the angel's surprise to show all that singing/black rage control deal long ago aluded to.

There was a xenoheretic astartes force mentioned. I suggest the names the Inspired or Affirmed. Additionally, I think that Black Falcons New Bloods should start to see a greater lethality rate near them, (defection, but minor).

Big Thought:

To me the lions seem like some serious bad guys. It seems to me that the lions are planning something truly horrific, like escaping and then detonating the 18 planets in a multisystem fireball, crippling ships and killing untold billions, they have shown way too much a. competence, b. capacity to exploit weakness, and c. love of using traps to not have something big in store. at the very least, part of me wants to see the negotiations begin to happen, and then black judges and/or angels exultant (because those two are the least stable/ might be worried about something in their behavior towards the enemy reflecting poorly) show up and murderate the :censored:  thereby triggering his deadmen switch/ back up plan of troop escapes and the above fireball. Meanwhile, so much Imperial blood has been spent on them, (for instance more on a single planet then all of Vraks), I feel like they should be shattered at the end, the lions that may escape to the void will never threaten the imperium as the lions again (not to say those who abandoned ship earlier wouldn't do so on their own, looking at you Untaken).

Finally: CONNNNNNNNNN, I am ready, give me a task.

EDIT: Did some more rereading. Judging my timelines, the Angels should Fall sometime in the mid to later part of M37 or at the latest early M38. Although, I imagine that a few holdouts may last much longer than that, especially if they attach//absorb to the Aetheric Swords (assuming the Swords aren't destroyed).

Also, I will look through for something untaken to write, unless Conn tells me otherwise, hopefully in the EWC.

by "craftworld to dark city" i assume you are referring to my Karrneshla? also my xenoheretic astartes is another thing for me to finish.  i will get on these next week.  i have been quite sick and have things to make up right now.

do we have a map of the cluster yet? we should have a map that we can easily update.

below are to static images of example ones i found and the link to the right is an interactive one http://galaxy40k.com/

https://unequivocalhorizon.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/liberastartesstarmapver2.png

http://www.scholaprogenium.com/40kmap.jpg

these seem to be the most extensive of the 40k ones i looked at

Unfortunately, we do not. It would be nice to have one, and it would be great if one of our more artistic photoshop wizards could go about creating one. We had a volunteer, however I believe some real-life hurdles made it a challenge and the drive to help has since disappeared.

"Be they one or one thousand, drive these heathens before you!"

Chaplain Charlen bellowed as his Crozius splattered an unfortunate Kodiak across the hallway, it's gore-soaked head steaming as the Void Lords advanced relentlessly on the makeshift defensive positions of the Sereiki defenders. Similiar scenes were being played out elsewhere as Charlen's strike force moved through the station like a hurricane, slaughtering any renegade they encountered on their bloody march to the command centre.

"His foes lurk in the darkness between the stars, within the souls of weak men! They must be struck down!" He yelled, his voice full of zeal as a righteous fury built inside him.

"We are the point of His Trident, unerring and inescapable! We will pierce their black hearts!" The Void Lords replied in unision, reciting the ancient litany from heart.

"Though the xenos, the mutant and the heretic claws at the borders of his realm, we stand ever ready to cast them back!"

"By our vigiliance and blood do we deny them, we Sentinels who stand guard in Scarlet clad!"

Smiling grimly Charlen checked his chronometer, satisfied to see it had only been around nine minutes since their boarding and they were already closing on their objective. Up ahead, over the massed ranks of Sereiki defenders he spied the large blast door through which the station's command centre lay, if they could take and hold that room, then victory was assured.

"Flamers, burn the vermin from their holes!" He barked, loosing more plasma at the foe as the Void Lords obeyed, the shieldwall smoothly parting for those Sentinels wielding combi-flamers to bring them to bear. With a roar they spat forth great streams of flame, the burning promethium washing over the screaming defenders in a hellish tide.

Seizing his chance, Charlen holstered his pistol and gave a wordless roar as he surged forward, vaulting over barricades and the burning dead to slam into the remaining mortals. Snatching a Melta Bomb from his belt he set the timer for five seconds and hurled it as hard as he could.
It streaked through the air and collided with the door before detonating like a supernova, leaving a great molten wound in its place.

"HUZZAH!" Charlen roared, his cheer echoed by the brothers behind him as he pushed his superhuman constituition as fast as he could go, breaking mortal bones underfoot and swatting their frail bodies aside.

With one last herculean effort Charlen bounded onto the last barricade, and leapt into the breach.

-----

Okay guys, here's where I currently am on my final story segment, but I'm stuck on what to do next and have decided to ask you all for your thoughts as to what happens next with the hostile boarding of the Ark Imperial's bridge and the capture of the Junker's Jump command centre.

I have a few ideas of my own but I wanted your input on them as well any ideas you might have for the conclusion of the Baluarte space battle, but bear in mind I'd like to make this as short as possible for reasons that should already be clear. *coughcoughtwentyfivepagescough*

Anyway, here's some of my ideas:

1. The Serekei boarders on the Ark's bridge are the worst the defenders could face, Mastodons and/or Pride Astartes, and they've come loaded for bear. They sacrificed the Saint Jocelyn in a calculated move to board and seize a better prize, the Ark itself, and if they happen to take Drake's head in the process well then that's a bonus,

2. Charlen jumps into the command centre to find the station's commander, his personal guard, and a cubic :censored: -ton of explosives. Junker's Jump belongs to the Ashen, if he can't have it, then no one will. The entire station (or at least a good deal of it) and the entire Sentinel strike force is annihilated in a devastating explosion, causing havoc for the Imperial fleet (and possibly the Eagles planetside too?).

3. The Saint Jocelyn is revealed as a fire ship, using the last of it's engine power to ram the Ark Imperial in a suicidal last act of spite that may cripple or outright destroy the other vessel.

An idea I had in concert with this one is if Tiberius Cato likes, perhaps the Ark's doom could be narrowly averted by the Philidelphia doing what the Eagles do and putting themselves in between the two vessels, going out in a blaze of glory worthy of the Emperor's Man Tears.

Well that's all I've got, I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. :smile.:

Reading 1 and 2, my instinct says 1, because the Lions wouldn't send a real boarding party unless they were sure they could actually take the vessel, and I don't see them sending a fake party, they'd be too intelligent to think it'd be an effective enough distraction.

But reading 3, I have to cast my vote there. There's just something about the Scarlet Sentinels being in debt to AMERICA! the Eagles of Glory that just tickles my fancy. :D And it makes sense as a Lions' tactic, utilizing your forces in unusual, unexpected ways to cause maximum damage to your enemy.

I'm imagining a car stuck in the ditch, occupants watching with horror as the diesel that ran them off the road comes barreling back towards them, only for a train to zoom in out of nowhere to slam the diesel just as it crosses the tracks. The occupants are just staring wide-eyed, chests heaving from the adrenaline rush, as the long train just keeps rolling past.

How is everybody else doing? Anybody looking for something to do?

I have an idea about telling the story of the Ravagers and the Angels assault through the eyes of one of the raging angels. I have an idea of what I want to do, but it is a conflux of many things and I haven't had time to write it quite yet due to life stuff.

1. The Serekei boarders on the Ark's bridge are the worst the defenders could face, Mastodons and/or Pride Astartes, and they've come loaded for bear. They sacrificed the Saint Jocelyn in a calculated move to board and seize a better prize, the Ark itself, and if they happen to take Drake's head in the process well then that's a bonus,

This idea I quite like. Where you go with it is up to you but it does sound like a good counter-objective for the Lions to have.

"Be they one or one thousand, drive these heathens before you!"

Chaplain Charlen bellowed as his Crozius splattered an unfortunate Kodiak across the hallway, it's gore-soaked head steaming as the Void Lords advanced relentlessly on the makeshift defensive positions of the Sereiki defenders. Similiar scenes were being played out elsewhere as Charlen's strike force moved through the station like a hurricane, slaughtering any renegade they encountered on their bloody march to the command centre.

"His foes lurk in the darkness between the stars, within the souls of weak men! They must be struck down!" He yelled, his voice full of zeal as a righteous fury built inside him.

"We are the point of His Trident, unerring and inescapable! We will pierce their black hearts!" The Void Lords replied in unision, reciting the ancient litany from heart.

"Though the xenos, the mutant and the heretic claws at the borders of his realm, we stand ever ready to cast them back!"

"By our vigiliance and blood do we deny them, we Sentinels who stand guard in Scarlet clad!"

Smiling grimly Charlen checked his chronometer, satisfied to see it had only been around nine minutes since their boarding and they were already closing on their objective. Up ahead, over the massed ranks of Sereiki defenders he spied the large blast door through which the station's command centre lay, if they could take and hold that room, then victory was assured.

"Flamers, burn the vermin from their holes!" He barked, loosing more plasma at the foe as the Void Lords obeyed, the shieldwall smoothly parting for those Sentinels wielding combi-flamers to bring them to bear. With a roar they spat forth great streams of flame, the burning promethium washing over the screaming defenders in a hellish tide.

Seizing his chance, Charlen holstered his pistol and gave a wordless roar as he surged forward, vaulting over barricades and the burning dead to slam into the remaining mortals. Snatching a Melta Bomb from his belt he set the timer for five seconds and hurled it as hard as he could.

It streaked through the air and collided with the door before detonating like a supernova, leaving a great molten wound in its place.

"HUZZAH!" Charlen roared, his cheer echoed by the brothers behind him as he pushed his superhuman constituition as fast as he could go, breaking mortal bones underfoot and swatting their frail bodies aside.

With one last herculean effort Charlen bounded onto the last barricade, and leapt into the breach.

-----

Okay guys, here's where I currently am on my final story segment, but I'm stuck on what to do next and have decided to ask you all for your thoughts as to what happens next with the hostile boarding of the Ark Imperial's bridge and the capture of the Junker's Jump command centre.

I have a few ideas of my own but I wanted your input on them as well any ideas you might have for the conclusion of the Baluarte space battle, but bear in mind I'd like to make this as short as possible for reasons that should already be clear. *coughcoughtwentyfivepagescough*

Anyway, here's some of my ideas:

2. Charlen jumps into the command centre to find the station's commander, his personal guard, and a cubic :censored: -ton of explosives. Junker's Jump belongs to the Ashen, if he can't have it, then no one will. The entire station (or at least a good deal of it) and the entire Sentinel strike force is annihilated in a devastating explosion, causing havoc for the Imperial fleet (and possibly the Eagles planetside too?).

3. The Saint Jocelyn is revealed as a fire ship, using the last of it's engine power to ram the Ark Imperial in a suicidal last act of spite that may cripple or outright destroy the other vessel.

An idea I had in concert with this one is if Tiberius Cato likes, perhaps the Ark's doom could be narrowly averted by the Philidelphia doing what the Eagles do and putting themselves in between the two vessels, going out in a blaze of glory worthy of the Emperor's Man Tears.

Well that's all I've got, I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. :smile.:

Number three without a doubt. The Philadelphia being sent out in a blaze of glory seems just right.

"Yo, Scarlet Sentinels, remember that time we saved the Ark Imperial by blocking the Saint Jocelyn with our battle barge? Me thinks you owe us a favor." ;p

I have an idea about telling the story of the Ravagers and the Angels assault through the eyes of one of the raging angels. I have an idea of what I want to do, but it is a conflux of many things and I haven't had time to write it quite yet due to life stuff.

No problem, bro. If you feel like it's too much for your current situation, as I know life stuff can very quickly and suddenly get, feel free to ask for assistance. We've got plenty of here who would jump to help, I am sure.

No problem, bro. If you feel like it's too much for your current situation, as I know life stuff can very quickly and suddenly get, feel free to ask for assistance. We've got plenty of here who would jump to help, I am sure.

Thank you, I'll see if I have some time this weekend to work on it. Otherwise I will take people up on that. Is anyone interested in being a sounding board? I would totally like some conceptual critiques before I write. And for the record, life stuff isn't terribly bad, just busy so don't worry about me too much.

Thank you, I'll see if I have some time this weekend to work on it. Otherwise I will take people up on that. Is anyone interested in being a sounding board? I would totally like some conceptual critiques before I write. And for the record, life stuff isn't terribly bad, just busy so don't worry about me too much.

I'll take you up on that. If you want to do this over PM, then feel free to message me.

Thanks for your input everyone, I'll definitely be going for Idea No.3: Fireship and I think I might even be able to sneak No.1 in as well.

If you guys have any further suggestions and/or ideas please don't hesitate to share them with me and Tiberius Cato. :)

Unfortunately, we do not. It would be nice to have one, and it would be great if one of our more artistic photoshop wizards could go about creating one. We had a volunteer, however I believe some real-life hurdles made it a challenge and the drive to help has since disappeared.

I could make a go for it if you all want? Got most that i need on the first page, the map type im using is for the Fantasy Flight Games ones, if that is something that works for you i can go make one and see were it lands. Tho theres alot of pages going through so im not sure if i miss something but planet list, sub sectors and anomalies/warp storms are on first page yes?

Got a few of my map templates through my sig on my deviant art page. Mostly fan made maps for the RPG :)

Being on my mobile, I can't see your sig. But later today when I am on a computer I'll take a look.

A large part of this thread is to have all the creations of any and all Liberites come together into a whole. It can be lore, constructive support, fiction work, artwork or whatever a Liberite would like to provide. So certainly, consider your offer accepted. I'll look at some old messages for information that can help. :tu:

Archived