++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

So, after realizing I still had a juggernaut to build and after perusing the demonkin dex, I'm debating running a demonkin army.

I won't even touch background, but I was thinking a CAD force based around rhinoback mounted marines and throwing a heldrake, along with a mayhem pack.

Or just a generic slaughtercult and using two piles of troops and forgoing the drake for puppies and tricycles.

Also, forgot the little badge in my sig.

So, after realizing I still had a juggernaut to build and after perusing the demonkin dex, I'm debating running a demonkin army.

I won't even touch background, but I was thinking a CAD force based around rhinoback mounted marines and throwing a heldrake, along with a mayhem pack.

Or just a generic slaughtercult and using two piles of troops and forgoing the drake for puppies and tricycles.

Also, forgot the little badge in my sig.

Take the slaughtercult for extra blood tithe, it seems like it would be worth it.

~Sapphon

• 2 weeks later...

I am Wulfric, and I stand for the 23rd Battle Company of the Twelfth Legion, led by Commander Kolchis, the Red Hand.

“It is good that a man's enemies want him dead, for it proves he has lived a life of worth.”

Initially at least, this will be based in the mid-Crusade, with a good broad mixture of equipment and vehicles. Once I have a solid core of toys, I will start to build up some of the more specifically heresy-era troops as well.

Edited by wulfric_1066

I am Sapphon, The Red Angel, l lead the former 8th assault company, The Bloodspitters.

Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred from the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I have embraced life without fear. ~Kargos Bloodspitter

Blood for the Blood God!

~Sapphon

• 2 weeks later...

I am Cupcake, Scion of the Blood Tide, I command the Iron Berserkers, the 33rd Siege Assault Company of the 12th legion - led by 

"The Bloodied Iron Hand of Angron" Revan Ira

World Eaters company based Post heresy and during the heresy. Mechanized Assault units backed by Heavy artillery, contemptors, and terminator units. 

Hope I did this right. 

Cupcake, Wulfric, Sapphon, let me officially welcome you to the cool kids' club. 

Chainaxes are on the right, deposit your honor skulls in your designated receptical at the end of every business day, and most of all, have fun :D

Cupcake, Wulfric, Sapphon, let me officially welcome you to the cool kids' club. 

Chainaxes are on the right, deposit your honor skulls in your designated receptical at the end of every business day, and most of all, have fun :biggrin.:

Ah thank you for the warm welcome I am most excited!!! I would've liked this but i seem to always run out of likes for the good things..

Hey folks, in the past couple months I have been writing a new series of chaos codices, and since I just got around to starting work on the Khorne Dex, I would love your advice and thoughts on it.

Couple of important caveats though:

a this is based off of a larger Chaos codex project I am working on
b. this is designed with the idea that summoning being a manner of creating new units is generally unbalancing in a point driven system and is therefore not a central theme. (This will eventually extend to a rewrite of the malefic discipline, so that Khorne isn't left out of the getting-daemons-to-the-board game)
Thread here.

Chainaxes are on the right, deposit your honor skulls in your designated receptical at the end of every business day, and most of all, have fun :biggrin.:

I thought the Night Lords where the cool kids club! Or are you referring to the awesome club that consists of Traitors and Renegades in general? ;)

Busy painting this evening.

So, looking for thoughts from the wonderfully knowledgeable crew we have on this thread. I have claimed the 23rd Battle Company for Kolchis the  Red Hand. Based on a couple of assumptions (see below) I am giving them all red armour on their hands, in a similar manner to the Crimson Fists chapter in 40k. 

Assumptions:

1) Second Founding chapters didn't just get their colour schemes plucked out of the air, but were based on the great crusade and heresy period heraldry of their first chapter masters, who were high ranking officers in the original legions. Thus the Sons of Orar (UM successor based on Orar's heraldry) or Black Templars (IF successor based on Templar Brethren). 

2) Therefore, there was an acceptable variation in the colours and panoply of a legion during the crusade and heresy periods.

3) Although we only see this for loyalists, the legions that rebelled were no less likely to have such variations.

Do you agree? Or should I repaint all those hands white again?

So, looking for thoughts from the wonderfully knowledgeable crew we have on this thread. I have claimed the 23rd Battle Company for Kolchis the  Red Hand. Based on a couple of assumptions (see below) I am giving them all red armour on their hands, in a similar manner to the Crimson Fists chapter in 40k. 

Assumptions:

1) Second Founding chapters didn't just get their colour schemes plucked out of the air, but were based on the great crusade and heresy period heraldry of their first chapter masters, who were high ranking officers in the original legions. Thus the Sons of Orar (UM successor based on Orar's heraldry) or Black Templars (IF successor based on Templar Brethren). 

2) Therefore, there was an acceptable variation in the colours and panoply of a legion during the crusade and heresy periods.

3) Although we only see this for loyalists, the legions that rebelled were no less likely to have such variations.

I like the idea and say "totally go for it!"

Assumptions:

I have yet to see this at play among the Traitor Legions. 

However, this is a great idea. The World Eaters cared little about cohesion or discipline - it's well within the realm of possibility that Legion sub-units had their own variations of the white and azure livery during the Great Crusade. Some may have even retained part of their original iconography from their War Hound days (you see this in my own 77th). 

After the Heresy, the World Eaters lost all their organization, so variations beyond the red and brass scheme are certainly possible within certain warbands. It is official lore that some World Eaters never repainted their armor - the red is simply accumulated gore. 

Random question: do we know which region of Terra the XII originally pulled recruits from? 

No specific region(s) according to Betrayal. However it is noted that aspirants were screened for their aggression - only the most aggressively competitive ones were selected for this Legion. 

My slaughter-brethren,

I feel I've been remiss in my duties -- my apologies! Anyway, without further ado, Rage of Khorne, Wulfric_1066, GrandMasterSapphon and Just4uCupCake: Here are your badges. Wear them with pride!

we_badge_rageofkhorne.png

we_badge_wulfric1066.png

we_badge_grandmastersapphon.png

we_badge_cupcake.png

In other news, I have been slowly plugging away at my Chaos Knight:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/10/2/748123-Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Knight%2C%20Harrowthorne%2C%20Imperial%20Knight.jpg

More pictures can be found here, in case you're interested. I'd appreciate your feedback!

My slaughter-brethren,

I feel I've been remiss in my duties -- my apologies! Anyway, without further ado, Rage of Khorne, Wulfric_1066, GrandMasterSapphon and Just4uCupCake: Here are your badges. Wear them with pride!

we_badge_rageofkhorne.png

we_badge_wulfric1066.png

we_badge_grandmastersapphon.png

we_badge_cupcake.png

In other news, I have been slowly plugging away at my Chaos Knight:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/10/2/748123-Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Knight%2C%20Harrowthorne%2C%20Imperial%20Knight.jpg

More pictures can be found here, in case you're interested. I'd appreciate your feedback!

Kraut I love the badge thank you so much! I love the Khornate Knight as well :wub.:  It is just absolutely beautiful I only wish the knights had an option to get a chain axe