++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

That champion is all kinds of kickass.

Also, quick PSA for everyone: grab a Wrathmongers kit from AoS. It is an absolute treasure trove of bits - warped swords and axes, huge weapons, awesome heads. I'm planning on using the bodies for some Possessed, too. Got it months ago but I'm still gushing over how good it is!

Edited by Cheex

Also, quick PSA for everyone: grab a Wrathmongers kit from AoS. It is an absolute treasure trove of bits - warped swords and axes, huge weapons, awesome heads. I'm planning on using the bodies for some Possessed, too. Got it months ago but I'm still gushing over how good it is!

When AoS first came out and all the Khorne stuff hit the shelves, some people were saying "Just think of it as a huge Khorne Daemonkin release."

With a little work, Khorgoraths can be chopped and combined with spare Helbrute parts.

Mighty Skullcrushers are a wealth of parts too. Awesome heads and weapons, legs are great for bikers, torso sections roughly match up with equivalent Marine parts.

When AoS first came out and all the Khorne stuff hit the shelves, some people were saying "Just think of it as a huge Khorne Daemonkin release."

With a little work, Khorgoraths can be chopped and combined with spare Helbrute parts.

Mighty Skullcrushers are a wealth of parts too. Awesome heads and weapons, legs are great for bikers, torso sections roughly match up with equivalent Marine parts.

For the most part, yes.

Skullcrushers torsos aren't compatible with certain Marine bodies though. I tried using the front of one on this Obsidius Mallex conversion, and that torso is actually too thin compared to the back half, so I had to use a Blood Warrior torso front to fix it.

RJOM39Q.jpg

But yeah. The Blades of Khorne for AoS are excellent sources of bits for World Eaters/Khorne Daemonkin.

Edited by Gederas

Double-post, sorry, but speaking of AoS Khorne stuff, I have a question. Anyone in the thread ever use the Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer's legs on Khârn's body? Asking because I have a Khârn torso, just missing the legs (they were used on my Skullgrinder kitbash) and was thinking, I could use a Slaughterpriest's legs for the basis for a Khornate Dark Apostle.

Edit: Nevermind. Removing Khârn's head from his torso ended up damaging too much of the torso to leave it usable. Looks like I need to look elsewhere for this Dark Apostle conversion.

Edited by Gederas

So, with the beta bolter rules, what are your thoughts on Khorne CSM as a backfield objective holder? I'm thinking something like this:

9 CSM: bolters, 2x heavy bolters

1 Champion: combi-bolter

Comes to 152 points, which at first thought seems ok. At 24" you're putting out 18 bolter shots and 6 heavy bolter shots, which is enough to dissuade opportunistic enemy units. But then I realised for that cost you could bring 30 cultists - putting you halfway towards a 'disloyal 32'.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Or, for something with a bit more of a bite, for 169pts you could have:

9 Chosen: 9x chainaxes, 4x combi-bolters, 4x bolters, 1x heavy bolter

1 Champion: combi-bolter, chainaxe

That's 28 bolter shots and 3 heavy bolter shots, plus if they charge they will basically hit like heavy bolters. I actually really like this idea...

Edited by Cheex

I would veer away from troop chaos marines as Berserkers are World Eater defacto troops (unless using another legion/warband).

Every guy backfield camping isn't putting foot to ass up front.

The standard template I'm starting with is 3x8 zerkers squads, fist champs, 3 rhinos with an ExChamp and a Cheerleader(Dark apostle) and a dual claw daemon prince to go with other distraction units (maulerfiends) maybe my Turkey.

The place I'm going to be playing at plays around 1500 points so that's going to be covering a lot of what I can bring.

Honestly I'd consider bikes with my army (keeping it World Eaters) because...I generally hate the idea of space marine bikers, BUT with the beta rule they would have a usefulness and 2x3 could be annoying and useful with meltas or plasma.

To be Tryhard I'd take enough sorcerers in a supreme command to warptime everyone, but you can only cast a single power except smite once so there's that. So I'd probably take a jump sorcerer (wish we could take a jump ExChamp), and a :cusston of raptors. I'd like an army of just raptors...but Rule of Three kind poo poos on that (there's other possibilities with using them with Blood Angels if I REALLY wanted an all jump pack army)

Edited by Trevak Dal

• 2 weeks later...

Those are glorious. If new Berzerker models come out and they're only half as good as the Blood Warriors kit, I'll still be happy.

Thanks! The champ on the far left and the Icon-bearer are a bit janky pose-wise, as they were done before I realized to leave the Blood Warriors' knees ON the legs when adding the Mark III legs to the mini, but they still look good.

And yeah. I hope the updated Berzerker kit is as good at the Blood Warriors, hell, I'll settle for a third as good :lol:

Those are glorious. If new Berzerker models come out and they're only half as good as the Blood Warriors kit, I'll still be happy.

Thanks! The champ on the far left and the Icon-bearer are a bit janky pose-wise, as they were done before I realized to leave the Blood Warriors' knees ON the legs when adding the Mark III legs to the mini, but they still look good.

And yeah. I hope the updated Berzerker kit is as good at the Blood Warriors, hell, I'll settle for a third as good :laugh.:

Gederas ... they look great, any chance of a tutorial or a close up of the way you have got the mkIII legs to fit the AOS models as i am going to be attempting this soon :) 

And yeah. I hope the updated Berzerker kit is as good at the Blood Warriors, hell, I'll settle for a third as good :laugh.:

Gederas ... they look great, any chance of a tutorial or a close up of the way you have got the mkIII legs to fit the AOS models as i am going to be attempting this soon :smile.:

I've got 13 Berzerkers left to build, so sure. I can whip up a quick tutorial.

Just be aware: I use pinning to make the connections a bit stronger than just the glue. :lol:

Gederas ... they look great, any chance of a tutorial or a close up of the way you have got the mkIII legs to fit the AOS models as i am going to be attempting this soon :smile.:

I've got 13 Berzerkers left to build, so sure. I can whip up a quick tutorial.

Just be aware: I use pinning to make the connections a bit stronger than just the glue. :laugh.:

Are they more or less entirely AoS models but with chainaxes and CSM shoulder pads?

They look proper imposing and brutal, even before paint.

If I hadn't already built a load of Berserkers I'd basically copy your ideas completely.

And I've got into the habit of pinning nearly everything. What I like about it that in some cases you don't have to join plastic to plastic, you can just glue to the pin and then bend it into the exact post before filling the gaps with GS. I've got some brass paperclips to use as pins which means they are really easy to bend and cut.

Are they more or less entirely AoS models but with chainaxes and CSM shoulder pads?

If I hadn't already built a load of Berserkers I'd basically copy your ideas completely.

And I've got into the habit of pinning nearly everything. What I like about it that in some cases you don't have to join plastic to plastic, you can just glue to the pin and then bend it into the exact post before filling the gaps with GS. I've got some brass paperclips to use as pins which means they are really easy to bend and cut.

Mostly Blood Warriors Torsos, upper legs and heads with Mark III shins and feet, along with Raptor Chainswords and Chainaxes (from either the Berzerkers kit or the FW one). Some use the arms, yes. Backpacks from several kits (Berzerkers, Mark III, Chaos Marines, Mark IV....)

And yeah, they're pretty imposing. Compare the Berzerker Champ to the Plague Marine, Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guardswoman and Primaris Marine. I made it so all the bases are the same distance from the camera.

eW9wBhZ.jpg

The Berzerker is just as tall as, or slightly taller than, the Plague Marine. He towers over the Guard, and comes up to the chin of the Primaris.

Also Sagentus, here's the tutorial:

I recently tried building some berzerkers that were more to my liking using the FW World Eaters upgrade, Deathwatch legs, and raptor bits. I actually like how they turned out. The deathwatch legs add a little bit of height as they are not in the traditional marine squat stance, though they are not as bulky as the AoS conversions others have done. Still, I prefer them to what I have been using, though I still need to do something to chaosify the legs.

med_gallery_100229_13835_1228800.jpg

med_gallery_100229_13835_1124872.jpg

med_gallery_100229_13835_968832.jpg

Edited by Lhorke The First

Mostly Blood Warriors Torsos, upper legs and heads with Mark III shins and feet, along with Raptor Chainswords and Chainaxes (from either the Berzerkers kit or the FW one). Some use the arms, yes. Backpacks from several kits (Berzerkers, Mark III, Chaos Marines, Mark IV....)

And yeah, they're pretty imposing. Compare the Berzerker Champ to the Plague Marine, Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guardswoman and Primaris Marine. I made it so all the bases are the same distance from the camera.

The Berzerker is just as tall as, or slightly taller than, the Plague Marine. He towers over the Guard, and comes up to the chin of the Primaris.

Also Sagentus, here's the tutorial:

Ahah, yeah, I've actually done something very similar with a single Blood Warrior to make an exalted champion - cut the legs in exactly the same place as you as it happens. 

He's not finished yet (I've been distracted by all things Blood Bowl) but I think he's going to look cool, and the fact that the rest of my troops are standard berserkers (albeit slightly converted/modified) should make him stand out a bit. 

He's holding a double handed axe and lookin' mean.

Exalted Champ 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am NecroShadow, and through the proxy of Centurion Captain Odol I command the World Eaters' 31st company, “the blood born”. While our legion may have fallen from it’s former glory, we shall fight our best to retain our minds and identities as children of angron and proud warriors of the legion. Let it be that when we find our names called out by the mortus and khorne looks upon our skulls, that he witnesses the remains of warriors who’s legends and deeds have stained the very records of history with blood.

Well, long time observer, first time poster or whatever it is they say. I may not have many world eater models on the way at the moment as I work through my backlog of other untouched models, but hopefully I can make up for that with enthusiasm, lore ideas and intense murder lust.

Edited by NecroShadow

My fellow world eaters, when 8E came out I took a break from chaos and built up an Ultramarines army. While I enjoyed the duty and honor, my heart and soul belong to the dark god, the blood born, clad in skulls and brass, Khorne.

With new abbadon and that too-righteous-to-quit Lord Discordant, I am going to pick up the mantle of my beloved 12th again.

I'm thinking a smallish detachment of black legion lead by abbadon, and then a bigger WE detachment lead by Khârn and the Lord Discordant.

I have a bunch of bikers, raptors, and warp talons already, so I'm thinking an outrider, although I'll have to wait to see how well Discordant's rules work with non-demon engines. A spearhead of maulerfiend or venomcrawlers would also be pretty great.

So I'm starting to rebuild my beloved Twelfth after selling them off a few years ago - how do we feel about Daemon Engine lists now? Defilers as some shooty support to follow bezerkers in rhinos? Dreads to do the same? Are Blood Slaughterers worth the extra points over Maulerfiends? 

Help a returning brother find his chainaxe again.

I like to include Daemon Engines in both my World Eaters and Night Lords forces. When points allow, I include a Defiler, a Maulerfiend, and a Blood Slaughterer (or two).

I'd say Maulerfiends and Blood Slaughterers are about equal. Each brings different capabilities. If you can, bring one of each.

• Deffy is the tankiest of the bunch and it looks like some of the new Vigilus units, formations, and stratagems will mean he might be able to shoot decently while keeping up with Zerkers in Rhinos and other units.gallery_88062_14499_90477.jpg

Deffy kills Morty

• Maulerfiends are fairly tough and fairly killy whereas my Blood Slaughterers are more fragile than Deffy or my Maulerfiend but actually do more damage in melee

gallery_88062_14499_312725.jpg

Terrific Trio: Mary the Maulerfiend, BloodLady the BloodSlaughterer, and Red Messiah's BloodFlowers Bezerker Squad

• And for what It's worth, a melee-oriented Helbrute can often do well when teamed up with Daemon Engines because the opponent often ignores it and shoots Deffy and the Zerkers' Rhinos. This really helps your little blender walker to live long enough to contribute.

gallery_88062_14499_351095.jpg

Dave the Dreadnought is dwarfed by Deffy the Defiler in front of him. Deffy would be blown up by a Knight on Turn 1 but Dave would live the whole battle and end up locked in melee with a Slaanesh Daemon Prince, thus saving the World Eaters/Night Lords right flank.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

• 2 weeks later...