++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Depending on the look and your level of comfort with Green Stuff, you can also just convert up the Blood Warrior legs:

x75apA7.jpg?1

Or do some head swaps and weapon swaps with new CSM kits

aZ9Rhgr.jpg?1

Edit: should add - parts are relatively compatible in terms of size, blood warriors are a bit taller and buikier

Edited by Sgt. Blank

For a while I was going back-and-forth between this and the new Khornate daemon sword. The sword is good - the Strength bonus is nice, the AP is excellent, the damage is decent, and it still allows DttFE to trigger. But Gorefather's flat 3 damage and mortal wounds potential (and the fact that it's not a daemon weapon) just makes it better against most targets IMHO. Hordes? Mortal wounds spill over. Characters? They probably have invuls anyway. The sword is probably only better against T7+, and even then unreliably so.

Tell me more about this Khornate daemon sword...

I've had my head in the sand and I've missed all the gossip on all these new rules or potential rules.

For a while I was going back-and-forth between this and the new Khornate daemon sword. The sword is good - the Strength bonus is nice, the AP is excellent, the damage is decent, and it still allows DttFE to trigger. But Gorefather's flat 3 damage and mortal wounds potential (and the fact that it's not a daemon weapon) just makes it better against most targets IMHO. Hordes? Mortal wounds spill over. Characters? They probably have invuls anyway. The sword is probably only better against T7+, and even then unreliably so.

I've had my head in the sand and I've missed all the gossip on all these new rules or potential rules.

Answering my own question - Faith and Fury. Interesting.

Since Gorefather is a relic and Gorechild is owned by Khârn the Betrayer do you think Angron will be wielding the Black Blade when he's released or a new weapon since the Grey Knights shattered the daemon sword?

Ooooh, good question! I'd love to find out. If they care about it being broken in the past, I'd say a new or reforged weapon are both options.

Answering the question in more detail for anyone who doesn't know.

Daemon weapons have a rule like Drach'nyen for Abaddon - when you fight with the model, you roll a D6. On a 1, you lose a mortal wound and can't fight with that weapon this phase. On any other number you can fight as normal.

Where Drach'nyen then adds a number of attacks equal to this roll (if it's a 2+), the new daemon sword for Khorne instead adds strength. This means if you're fighting with this sword, you're doing so at +2 strength at least.

It's also:

S:User AP:-5 D:2

This basically makes it ideal against anything with a good armour save and multiple wounds, as long as they don't have an invul save since that nullifies its amazing AP. Great for Primaris Marines, especially in Gravis armour, for example. Less good against characters, which typically have an invul save.

Since Gorefather is a relic and Gorechild is owned by Khârn the Betrayer do you think Angron will be wielding the Black Blade when he's released or a new weapon since the Grey Knights shattered the daemon sword?

One of Angron's defining characteristics is that he is not sentimental when it comes to tools of war. He tossed away Gorefather and Gorechild as soon as they broke from him using them as rock climbing picks, so I don't see him going on some character arc to have the Black Blade reforged.

He'll more likely have some new sword or axe. In fact, I could see a new Angron kit coming with a couple of weapon options like Magnus does.

Answering the question in more detail for anyone who doesn't know.

Daemon weapons have a rule like Drach'nyen for Abaddon - when you fight with the model, you roll a D6. On a 1, you lose a mortal wound and can't fight with that weapon this phase. On any other number you can fight as normal.

Where Drach'nyen then adds a number of attacks equal to this roll (if it's a 2+), the new daemon sword for Khorne instead adds strength. This means if you're fighting with this sword, you're doing so at +2 strength at least.

It's also:

S:User AP:-5 D:2

This basically makes it ideal against anything with a good armour save and multiple wounds, as long as they don't have an invul save since that nullifies its amazing AP. Great for Primaris Marines, especially in Gravis armour, for example. Less good against characters, which typically have an invul save.

Actually it's less good against Gravis since with it having the same armour save anyway but it now also having 3 wounds per model (so you need two wounds to go through, wasting 1 damage, which would otherwise kill two regular Primaris).

AP-5 is overkill on pretty much everything (I don't know anything that has a 1+ armour save in melee) too. It probably makes much more sense to take something like a Powerfist or Thunderhammer instead which already doubles your strength (so +4 on regular Marines), does the same amount or more damage per wound and has enough AP at -3 anyway.

Edited by sfPanzer

I've had a chance to read through F&F pretty much cover-to-cover, and there's precious little mention of the World Eaters in the fluff sections. A couple of warbands with Khorne-sounding names are listed in the Chaos force disposition, but that's about it. Pretty much all of the fluff has to do with Word Bearers (Kor Phaeron in particular), Iron Warriors and Night Lords. 

I did like that the fluff doesn't feel resolved, making the Talledus System more of an active warzone than Vigilus, with both sides tearing chunks out of each other. But I wonder if the lack of World Eaters and Emperor's Children suggests something bigger is coming for them down the line?

(Alpha Legion aren't mentioned at all either, but I like to think this is because they just chose to remain hidden...)

Actually it's less good against Gravis since with it having the same armour save anyway but it now also having 3 wounds per model (so you need two wounds to go through, wasting 1 damage, which would otherwise kill two regular Primaris).

AP-5 is overkill on pretty much everything (I don't know anything that has a 1+ armour save in melee) too. It probably makes much more sense to take something like a Powerfist or Thunderhammer instead which already doubles your strength (so +4 on regular Marines), does the same amount or more damage per wound and has enough AP at -3 anyway.

Fair point, I had actually forgotten that Gravis models had 3 or more wounds. AP-5 is very much overkill, I agree.

However, thunder hammers are going up to 40pts in CA19, and unlike Gorefather, Zaall can still trigger DttFE (without a stratagem or bonus to hit). And I guess you can use Zaall on a Daemon Prince, which isn't so bad but it means you're not using a Talisman...

Looks like berzerkers went down a point, daemon princes went down in points, as did warp talons. Plenty of other things, too, but those stood out to me. Cool!

Terminators are also going down 5pts, power fists are also cheaper. The community was already agreeing that Red Butchers were worth it, this just makes them better.

These point reductions have made my day .... cheaper Bez means all my Rhinos will have havoc launchers. I have a tonne of termies already, but none are red butchers so it might give me an excuse to get the battleforce. Also, I've always liked the look of warp talons, so if they are more viable on the tabletop i might get a set or 2 :D  

One can hope! I'm really expecting a Space Marine Codex + Supplements treatment for all the legions in 2020.

Anyone have a size comparison of Khârn with a primaris? Been looking all over but my googlefu is failing me.

Edited by Aothaine

Terminators are also going down 5pts, power fists are also cheaper. The community was already agreeing that Red Butchers were worth it, this just makes them better.

is there anywhere I can (easily) get an update on the current points costs? I just bought the Daemons of Chaos Codex where the Bloodthirster is listed as 340 points - just read an update on a leaks website that it's dropping 30 points to 210. *puzzled face*

Are Red Butchers a thing from F&F? I'm in the process of converting up some WE/Khornate close combat terminators just because = cool. If there are some special rules I can use too then that's awesome.

is there anywhere I can (easily) get an update on the current points costs? I just bought the Daemons of Chaos Codex where the Bloodthirster is listed as 340 points - just read an update on a leaks website that it's dropping 30 points to 210. *puzzled face*

I have the Daemon codex digital copy from this year, it has Bloodthirster of rage at 260, fury at 240 and wrath of khorne at 240. The leaks I've seen only shows a discount on the wrath of khorne model. I'm sending you a PM of a good link.

A 30pnt reduction would make it a lot more viable and give me a good excuse to buy one :teehee:

I went out and bought one recently. I've wanted a Bloodthirster model...forever. And the new one is an incredible thing.

Pretty terrifying are 210 points, too...

F&F is all over the web and goonhammer has a great review with breakdown of all rules and only a few mistakes I noticed from actual wording.

For CA pts I watched a video review and just did a screen shot of all the rules pages. 

Saw the comment about lack of new fluff - think there's any possibility that GW is trying to test the market or build a stronger market for Worldeaters and or Emperor's Children? I'm skeptical given all the new rules content but there's a lot of opportunity for new Berzerkers and Red Butchers, not to mention new units to fill out force org with some unique choices.

Saw the comment about lack of new fluff - think there's any possibility that GW is trying to test the market or build a stronger market for Worldeaters and or Emperor's Children? I'm skeptical given all the new rules content but there's a lot of opportunity for new Berzerkers and Red Butchers, not to mention new units to fill out force org with some unique choices.

More likely they didn't want to shoehorn everyone into the fluff, but also didn't want to separate the Legions into different books.

I think it's entirely possible World Eaters will appear in another Psychic Awakening book (one set on Armageddon, maybe?) without actually having rules in it.

Setting upon Armageddon would be a great idea!!! The only problem with WE is they dont do Psychic powers as much as nullifying them, but i am very eager to see what they do with the WE's and i know we are all praying to the blood god for new Bez models. He surely knows if he gives us this gift more skulls will be reaped for his skull thrown!! :biggrin.:

Edited by Sagentus