++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

What sort of new stuff are you planning to incorporate into your lists?

I'm excited to play around with the Red Butchers stratagem. It seems to me that a unit armed with all power fists can essentially kill any target in the game, with a friendly Word Bearers witch nearby to cast a guaranteed Death Hex and a couple of key stratagems. Not easy to set up, but still, pulling that off would be incredible!

Gorefather is of course exciting, though with the unfortunate -1 to hit. Oh well. I don't really think any of the weapon relics are particularly worth it for us. Talisman of Burning Blood is still pretty damn good on any HQ of ours.

KILL! MAIM! BURN! stratagem seems pretty damn slick. The reviews say a World Eaters unit (not limited to infantry or bikers) can consolidate 6", so I bet for those who understand movement in the game more intricately than I do will make good use of it. 

Violent Urgency WL trait (i.e. +1" advance/charge aura) makes me want to revisit the Kharybdis/Dreadclaw pods in some fashion. Just better in every situation for making charges, really.

Storm Eagle is also something I want to play around with. As are raptors and warp talons, perhaps in a Host Raptorial. 

So many new things to mess around with! 

Personally I’m most excited to try Red Butchers. I’ve only run my Berzerkers as part of a Red Corsairs detatchment, but now I’d like to try them as proper World Eaters. Are cultists viable? I’ve just got two squads of zerkers but am thinking of a battalion. Any thoughts on synergy with Khorne Daemons? I missed on Daemonkin but would like to build in that style...

@Putrid Choir, I don't think World Eaters got any litanies, just warlord traits, relics and stratagems.

I like the look of Gorefather, 3 damage is prob worth the -1 to hit. I'd run it on a terminator lord so you re-rolls 1's anyway. I want to see the actual wording tho - Goonhammer has said its unmodified sixes to wound cause three mortals but end the attack sequence. I'm wondering if that means you can score 9 mortals if you roll 3 sixes, or whether the max you can do is 3 mortal wounds. 

@Putrid Choir, I don't think World Eaters got any litanies, just warlord traits, relics and stratagems.

I like the look of Gorefather, 3 damage is prob worth the -1 to hit. I'd run it on a terminator lord so you re-rolls 1's anyway. I want to see the actual wording tho - Goonhammer has said its unmodified sixes to wound cause three mortals but end the attack sequence. I'm wondering if that means you can score 9 mortals if you roll 3 sixes, or whether the max you can do is 3 mortal wounds.

Ah well that's not cool.

Anyways each attack is separate, most people speed roll. Technically you roll one attack at a time. Saying the attack sequence ends just means they get no save for that attack (regular, cover or invuln) but FNP still takes effect. So you should be able to get multiple wound rolls of 6. The wording was choosen by starting with "When resolving an attack" and ending with "the attack sequence ends". If the fight sequence ended that would most likely mean no more attacks.

The nice part about it switching to mortal wounds as well on top of no saves against it is the mortal wounds should spill over model to model.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Putrid Choir

tbh i think we have some interesting rules, certainly makes other units more viable other that Bez/rhino rush 

I am interested to see what the Chaos Daemons get, fingers crossed we get something interesting. Would defo like a reason to buy something other than bloodletters

I can't remember which frater talked about this, or if it was on reddit or something, but we can actually get +3" to charge for units in a Host Raptorial, now.

A duo of host raptorial jump lords, for example. One takes the host raptorial trait with the field commander (or whatever it's called) stratagem and one takes the +1" advance/charge trait as warlord.

And then, to play around with the Raptors and Warp Talons...

Raptors are cheaper, and if charging chaff I guess could be worthwhile? The ability to take an Icon of Wrath to re-roll a failed charge with +3", which will inevitably happen, seems like a must-take if one wanted raptors. In a pinch, one assumes because they'd have rolled a bunch of attacks/hits thanks to nearby lords, you could pop veterans/-1AP strats if if was crucially needed. 

Warp Talons can only use the command re-roll for charge distance, unless there's a herald of Khorne nearby for some reason. Still, 6" re-rolling 1 die sounds pretty doable. Strats can apply here, too. Shutting down overwatch to prepare for the lords charging in seems like it could be worth it, especially with heavy flamers or something of that nature.

Looking good for my boys in Red and Gold for sure! :biggrin.: Just need some new Berzerker models, a new Khârn sculpt and I'll be a happy little berserker. :biggrin.:

Anyone have a size comparison of the current Khârn sculpt vs a primaris?

Anyone know if, at a tournament, you will get banned from that tournament if you use the AoS Khorne models to modify your Berserkers? The sculpts look so damned good!

Example: https://imgur.com/r/warhammer40k/fRzb4

Just give them the right weapons and it should be fine right? Maybe have to give them the backpacks as well?

Edited by Aothaine

You shouldn't, so long as the models are recognizable for what they are and how they are armed in 40K - which with conversions, they should be.  IMHO, yes, this would include needing to give them the chaos marine backpacks.

Though, really, its up to the tourney organizer - when in doubt, contact them.

You shouldn't, so long as the models are recognizable for what they are and how they are armed in 40K - which with conversions, they should be.  IMHO, yes, this would include needing to give them the chaos marine backpacks.

Though, really, its up to the tourney organizer - when in doubt, contact them.

Fair point. It is just a shame having access to such amazing looking models for Khorne and behind hesitant from using them because a TO might say, nope they are not from the available range of GW's berserkers, and prevent me from using something that cost me more but looks so much better. :/

As someone who'd like to own a World Eater army but is waiting for Angron, what would you guys consider to be safe investments in the mean time? 10 Terminators with a Lightning Claw and Combi-Bolters? I don't forsee the Red Butchers strat going anywhere so those Terminators are looking awful attractive. I do have Khârn and he's painted up. Berserkers seem kinda... Unsafe? In terms of an investment. They seem like they're due a model update or at least an upgrade sprue. If you guys disagree feel free to post some links about how/where to get good looking Zerker parts. Rhinos seem safe I suppose.

Thanks!

World Eaters are bound to get a unique Terminator kit if/when they get a full revamp, I wouldn't read too deeply into the existence of that stratagem. We also have 0 idea if/when any such WE release(s) will come, so you could be waiting years for new kits. If you're trying to be safe then focus on the basics (rhinos, maulerfiends, that sort of thing), kits that aren't going to be replaced or removed, ala the DG treatment

World Eaters are bound to get a unique Terminator kit if/when they get a full revamp, I wouldn't read too deeply into the existence of that stratagem. We also have 0 idea if/when any such WE release(s) will come, so you could be waiting years for new kits. If you're trying to be safe then focus on the basics (rhinos, maulerfiends, that sort of thing), kits that aren't going to be replaced or removed, ala the DG treatment

I suppose DG and TS did get unique Terminators. I wasn't really reading into the stratagem besides saying I don't think it's going anywhere as a rule, which would make Terminators a safe investment. But that's true they could get a unique terminator kit. I am aware I could be waiting years though :). So Rhinos, Khârn, and maybe a Maulerfiend. If anyone else has some future proof suggestions feel free to throw them at me!

I've been thinking about this all day...

Gorefather is going to be a beast of a weapon for dealing with enemy characters. It has a relatively poor AP, but most characters have a 4+ invul save or better anyway, so that's less of a problem. But getting mortal wounds on 6s to wound, and having 3 Damage besides, is very nice. I'm particularly interested in trying this on an Exalted Champion as a character hunter (even if he's a little fragile).

For a while I was going back-and-forth between this and the new Khornate daemon sword. The sword is good - the Strength bonus is nice, the AP is excellent, the damage is decent, and it still allows DttFE to trigger. But Gorefather's flat 3 damage and mortal wounds potential (and the fact that it's not a daemon weapon) just makes it better against most targets IMHO. Hordes? Mortal wounds spill over. Characters? They probably have invuls anyway. The sword is probably only better against T7+, and even then unreliably so.

My mind keeps going back to Red Butchers. Combi-bolters and chainaxes on most, maybe a couple of models with power fists to help rip up vehicles. They can teleport, have the firepower to knock out screening units, and combined with the Violent Urgency warlord trait and an Icon of Wrath, they have a reasonable chance to reach combat when they arrive. And even if they don't, their firepower means they aren't useless when they arrive.

A Host Raptorial with two Lords (one with Tip of the Claw, one with Violent Urgency) produces a pretty reliable charge for a couple of squads of Warp Talons, fantastic for shutting down overwatch. Not as good as a Night Lords Raptorial, but nice that the charge range bonus applies as an aura instead of a one-per-phase stratagem.

Probably not very competitive, but I'd love to try a "Red Tide" style list in friendly games. 2x20 Berzerkers, 2x15 Raptors with flamers everywhere. Drop 4CP on Apoplectic Frenzy and hope for first turn...

You absolutely do get 9 MWs if you roll 3 6s. "Attack sequence" refers to the sequence you go through for each attack, so the attack sequence ending just means that you stop the process for that one specific attack. It's exactly the same "attack sequence ends" wording as for rolling to hit and wound.

Anyone know if, at a tournament, you will get banned from that tournament if you use the AoS Khorne models to modify your Berserkers? The sculpts look so damned good!

Only person who can answer that is the tournament organiser. However, I have never been to an event where this would be a problem - as long as the model can't be confused for anything else and all options are represented, you should be fine.

Edited by Cheex

I've seen converted age of sigmar miniatures at a GW Nottingham tournament. They have a 'send photos of conversion in before the event' policy but I've used minor conversions there without doing it and assume that's only for drastic stuff which they seem to rubber stamp most of the time. Technically a TO could kick you out for anything I've just never seen it happen.

if a TO was to turn down converted AOS figures i would be stuffed :yucky: think my Bez would have to sort the TO out haha

Yup this is the stuff I was thinking about doing. I can't see how anyone but a WAAC player would get stuffy about it. That was what I was worried about most. They look great btw! :biggrin.:

As someone who'd like to own a World Eater army but is waiting for Angron, what would you guys consider to be safe investments in the mean time? 10 Terminators with a Lightning Claw and Combi-Bolters? I don't forsee the Red Butchers strat going anywhere so those Terminators are looking awful attractive. I do have Khârn and he's painted up. Berserkers seem kinda... Unsafe? In terms of an investment. They seem like they're due a model update or at least an upgrade sprue. If you guys disagree feel free to post some links about how/where to get good looking Zerker parts. Rhinos seem safe I suppose.

Thanks!

I would say most things from the new range would be fine. The CSM squad, Helbrutes, Oblits, Rhinos, Land Raiders, Heldrakes, Possessed, Pretty much anything from the start collecting box really. I would stay clear of Berzerkers though unless you wanted to do the AoS conversions that Sagentus shared. For that you need the Berserker box and the AoS Blood Warriors box. It is kind of expensive but looks really good.

Edit: So I was looking at how GW is starting to roll things out and I'm wondering if they are going to change the legions to match more of what the Loyalists are looking like now. If they do I think World Eaters are going to be a mix of White Scars and Blood Angels. What do you all think?

Edited by Aothaine

Thanks!

It really all depends if WE stay part of the csm codex and just get a supplement. If they stay a part of it then every unit but the master of possessions from the start collecting box is good. If they get the DG or TS treatment then almost that whole box won't be worth it. No MoP, wouldn't be able to take normal csm would have to take your cult, limited access to some of the other stuff.

I would say you could easily convert vanilla csm into berserkers and convert your own red butchers. Both TS and DG have their cult marines and termies. Rhino's, preds and land raiders seem like a no brainer as well. After that idk.

Thanks all!!! 

These are really good mate! What parts went into the first dude if you don't mind me asking?

for the top one i used AOS Blood worrior torso, arms and uper legs, Mk3 lower legs and back pack, Raptor sword and forgeworld chain axe. If i haden't already bought the FW chainaxes i would have opted for different ones as the casts were pretty poor and the shaft was a pain to work with because it wasnt quite thick enough. Now that i have a tonne of spare old Bez, i will use the chain axes off them instead on the next squad

tbh this was a really expensive way to get good looking bez, but i just wouldnt use the old ones and ill use of sell the other bits i dont use to recoup some of the cost 

Awesome work Sagentus. One of the few positives about the age of the Berzerker kit is that it gives a strong incentive to convert. For whatever it's worth, I don't see how you could get pushback about those models.

In terms of what I'll use, I think talisman of burning blood+1" charge trait for a Chaos Lord looks pretty appealing and probably fits in most Worldeater lists. I'm not sure about Terminators, not because the buff isn't nice but because opponents can limit the effectiveness of deep strike with screening units.

Yeah, using Blood Warriors + Mark III legs is a good way to make swole Berzerkers. It's what I did for mine:
HYWgLMi.jpg

2buVS7z.jpg

TIWotKF.jpg

DlP6LlN.jpg

Size comparison:

eW9wBhZ.jpg

They look great, but as Sargentus said, the biggest issue is they're LUDICROUSLY expensive, as it's a minimum 110USD for 10 of them. And it doesn't even come with the necessary weapons either.

Hence why I only did three 8-strong squads. Any further Berzerkers will wait until the new kit comes out.