++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Friday's What's New Today (or White Dwarf Daily or whatever they call it) mentioned that the new White Dwarf (#84) would have something about Slaanesh in it.

I'm guessing it's just relevant to the Age of Sigmar but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen it and if there's anything of interest to us devotees of the Dark Prince in 40k?

It was just a question "what's happened to Slaanesh" (in AOS). The answer was just a repeat of the info they've given so far. Tyrion and Malerion went after him and he's gone missing. Nothing relevant to 40k and nothing hinting at his end on AOS (which could cross over).

God please lets not get started on the end of Slaanesh again, the last time we did this it had more crush mentioned than Clockwork Orange, Game of Thrones and Vikings combined.

Hmmm swear filter changed it to crush, think its obvious by the Clockwork Orange reference what I meant. 

Edited by SlaveToDarkness

Oh hey, this threads back. What's everyone been up to?

I'v been kind of chilling out and working on the 40k MMO guild I have running, I need to actually start thinking about *maybe* working on actual models to show off in here. If I ever get confident enough at it to do as a hobby.

A little late to the party, I meant to have my Highborn out in the wilderness of the net last year. It's incomplete still, but I intend to finish their article before the 17th.

Anyway, I'd appreciate being added to the list. Their thread can be found here.

At the moment, they are just a Chaos Warband, but they will, eventually have an article depicting their Great Crusade period. Here are their classifications:

3rd Millennial - Commanded by Lord Commander Achlectur Priamne (Conn Eremon)

Highborn - Commanded by Lord Achsantre Aivas (Conn Eremon)

I am open to any and all C&C! They're an in-progress project, so it would be greatly appreciated any feedback I can get. 

• 1 month later...

They could have grown weary of the restrictions imposed by their Legion and turned their back on them to discover new experiences.

They could have been seconded to the Word Bearers as payment for past services.

They could have failed in a power struggle to take over the leadership of their warband.

An Emperors Children commander could have taken an intense dislike to them for their arrogant/reckless/unreliable behaviour.

They could be the last remnants of their warband.

They're more likely to just wander off on their own path of pleasure and sensations rather than exiled I believe. Be more likely to be employed as mercenaries as a bit of extra firepower.

• 3 weeks later...
One would think it would be rather easy to offend a narcissistic Emperors Children lord and get exiled/murdered/etc, I've always viewed the EC as rather whimsical in their desires etc, you don't look right, your noise marines "noise" doesn't please his ears or we.. And BAM exiled.

So for the lulz I ran a pure slaanesh today. It wasn't optimised or owt and I don't play in a very WAAC meta however even so I was surprised at just how effective it was. For anyone curious the list was

Sorceror Level 3 Mark of Slaanesh spell familiar (he did practically nothing all ge due to being wit the oblits at the back of the board and his warlord trait was useless he got re roll chaos boons)

20 cultists 2 flamers mark of slaanesh

10 csm 9 additional ccws mark of slaanesh 2 plasma guns (I had 2 of these squads both in a rhino each)

2 X 5 Noise marines squads with a blast master and everyone with a additional ccws each (both squads had a rhino

3 slaanesh obliterators

Chaos Predator with Auto Cannon and Heavy Bolters

Chaos Predator with tri lascannons

All I can say is wow. I went vs guard and actually beat him at the relic due to a objective secured rhino being just within 3" of the relic at the end of the game.

Btw has anyone ran a sonic dreadnought here? If so how did you run it

• 1 month later...

Better late than never, here comes my unspiky hat to officially join up. It's about time with one Marine now done and four more on the way not to mention ever increasing plans :smile.: I'm really enjoying painting pink so I want it in my sig too, though any chance of a smaller one as it's kind of full these days... :tongue.:

What do I need to do? I have my army log which is slowly growing that has some background in I could raid?

First CSM:

Hidden Content
gallery_30308_10249_7322.jpg

"All are beneath us! Gods or kings they will kneel or they will die." Praefactor Yjun of the Sundering Call; Master of the Toll, Keeper of Oaths, Scion of Perfection.

Games Workshop What new today blog shown some really cool Emperor Children Obliterator conversion that will be in next weekend Warhammer Visions.  Useing Centurions (sp?) models along with the Chaos Helbrute parts.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blog/fragments/imageLightBox.jsp?imageUrl=http%3A//www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2016/01/29/AMFC4YRQUMFSDTR213LM9MU2GH/4xl.jpg&imageAlt=Showcases+for+both+Warhammer+40%2C000+and+Age+of+Sigmar.

Edited by Insane Psychopath