++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

No worries, it was done using a base of daemonette hide followed by painting on thin layers of screamer pink on the bottom third building the intensity on the bottom half ie keep it quite transparent where it meets the daemonette hide but solid on the bottom, I then did the same process with emperor's children on the end, the key was using thin glazes of carroburg crimson to smooth the transition.

Hope this helps :)

So I woke up early and felt that my two WIP slaaneshi steed lords were missing something. Added a crotch guard(really just a trophy bolted onto is real crotch guard) to one, and a breast to the other:
gallery_81490_10070_86543.jpg
So, the hand was obviously quite easy to fasten. The mono-breast a bit more tricky, Angle and quality of the photo doesn't give away that it's quite saggy though, I'll amend that with proper pictures when they're going through painting. I've also tried to integrate the breast more into his armor by continuing some of the cracks/lines that defined the breastplate before.

This ain't just a plug though, these two additions made me think of mutations, gifts and trophies a follower of the Dark Prince would flaunt on and off the battle-field.
What are some of your favourite additions to your Slaanesh cultists, and on your dudesmen? I've seen a lot of flayed skin and leather guards from members here which is awesome, although I have a problem with sculpting stitches which has been holding me back on that front.

A couple of my marines have right-side breasts too.

A dark apostle's face is half Daemonette.

One squad of noise marines have the tongues of Fiends.

Others have markings on their armour (taken from the Realm of Chaos books) indicating other, less obvious, mutations (if I remember correct I put the one for loud noise on a blast master-wielder).

Other mutations I'd like to do sometime would be the claws, tail and feet of Daemonettes (not all on the same model), and some horns sprouting from foreheads.

I think I'll give a new biker a Slaangor head, too.

Is there a precedence for the single breast being on the right side? I haven't caught that reading my books yet. Good thing I haven't made more than the one if that's the case. :)
I really liked your dark apostle last time I saw it, is he closer to painting now? I might have to subscribe to your thread to keep an eye out.
Out of the god specific gifts in Slaves to Darkness I think that fiends' tongues work nicely with 'regular' marines, I'll have to keep head of KoS/Fiend/Mount, tail, crab claw and that for potential spawn and possessed models in the future.
The Dark Tongue runes, appearing in Beasts-/Hordes of Chaos and Realm of Chaos I've mostly used for the mortal followers in my army, cultists and rabble, while my marines are into more literal boasts such as showing off their gift on an unarmored part of the body, stolen wargear and bloody trophies.

I thought about going for a perk or maybe a more balloon-ish shape. But then again, that guy is more about the pleasure and less about fertility. ;)
Fighting with exposed skin in the grim and dark future of stuff and death takes its toll you know!

I really liked your dark apostle last time I saw it, is he closer to painting now?/quote]

Not in the slightest! :D

Perhaps I'll get back to him after finishing my second squad of (currently half-done) noise marines.

A squad, a character/vehicle, a squad, a character/vehicle...

The right-breast thing I usually see in Slaanesh artwork (I think the Lexicanum mentions it too) and Daemonettes only have them on the right side too, no?

I never noticed that on the plastic daemonettes, cool. The Diaz daemonettes had rows of them, the older huge orange crab claws have both, none, or one(doesn't seem to be a precedence between left and right side). The even older daemonettes all seem to have a right side breast.
None of the models or artwork in Slaves to Darkness feature left-sided boobs, but I found some in Liber Chaotica(different sketch style pictures, also most Blanche artwork features right-sided, even though I think there was one or two left side).
There was also some artwork for Warhammer Online.

That's enough boob(s) on my brains though. I guess I'll put it where it looks best until I'm more educated on the subject. :biggrin.:

Nestor Lustheart, Chosen of Slaanesh and Chapter Master of the Castigators, requests sanctuary as the fleet prepares for its next raid in the Preston system.

Despite the pitiful efforts of the Inquisition to expunge our glorious history, the legend of the Castigators echoes throughout the Imperium. Hear our SONG

Victory Through Truth, Truth Through Pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have managed to get my hands on a small chaos force, I really want to make them in to war band that descends from the emperors children. But i am stumped on what they should look like, i wanted a post heresy look and want to include typical chaos marines and Noise marines.

My question is; should noise marines and standard emperors children marines have a different colors scheme's (Chaos EC = purple + gold / Chaos EC noise = Pale pink and Black/gold). 

Hi jonjacob. It all depends on your own view point. The great thing about Slaanesh warbands is no one can tell you that your scheme is wrong. Unless you're doing an obviously pre heresy force.

Think excess. Think artistic tendancy. Think about short attention spans and always wanting the next best thing.

Nestor Lustheart, Chosen of Slaanesh and Chapter Master of the Castigators, requests sanctuary as the fleet prepares for its next raid in the Preston system.

Despite the pitiful efforts of the Inquisition to expunge our glorious history, the legend of the Castigators echoes throughout the Imperium. Hear our SONG

Victory Through Truth, Truth Through Pain.

Oh man, I remember that army. You battled the Necrons in a WD battle report.

It was ages ago, but that was a damn fine battle, and that still is an amazing army.