++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

• 2 months later...

Firstly I wondered who'll be vowing Slaaneshi units for this year's ETL?

And secondly, for those who have/are getting the BL and CS supplements, what is there that we can put a Slaaneshi twist on? :)

• 4 months later...

Hello,

a friend invited me to play Kill Team, and I have chosen to repurpose my CSM as Emperor's Children. I want a warband of utterly bastards, not some noble, misunderstood anti-heroes and in the last months I picked up some pretty cheap EC and Noise Marine deals on Ebay, so I picked the 2nd Legion for this. The army should be largely playable in W40k and Horus Heresy as the Third Company with Noise Marines as Kakophoni. Fluff will follow later.

The first step will be 5 Noise Marines and 10 Cultist for a Kill Team match next week, and hopefully pics follow later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/E0E6E1A4-D19E-43E4-AD52-184A06233382_zpshr0xdtfq.jpg

Fellow sons of perfection and excess I present Marius Vairosean the first noise marine Captain of the 3rd company

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's safe to assume I'm far from alone in hankering for the new Traitor Legions supplement. For reference this is what we know:

Hidden Content

Emperor’s Children
must: only Luciius unique; need mk Slaanesh; only mk Slaamesh; VotLW; psykers & demons can take full from Slaanesh expanded discipline
gain: fueled by sensation: VotLW gain Fearless & FnP6+ (units w/icon of excess make that FnP4+), VotLW if slain n fight sub phase before it swings gets 1 immediate attack; Matsers Kakophoni: Noise Marines are troops
WT: gain Warrior; +2 Init; all 1 to FnP of WL & his unit; Gain Fear & melee opponents take fear on 3D6; +1 attack each team you lose a wound (returns if healed); can auto-pass look out sir!
relics:

• Intoxicating elixir (25) make D3 rolls on combat drugs, cumulative, ;
  • Shriekwave (20) gun 12” S8,AP2, assault D6, mental trauma (before attack target takes ldsh test and f failed you re-roll these to-wound);
  • soul snare Lash (20) soulsnare- (to wound 6 is AP2/instant death) if range( 6” S4 AP5 assault 2, sousnare) or melee S user AP5 melee, soulsnare
  • Endless Grin (10) you have fear, enemies w/in6” -1 leadreship;
  • Bolts of ecstatic vexation (15) bolt weapons gain blast, ignores cover and pinning;
  • Blissgiver (30) AP3 catatonic trance - target must pass ldsh test/wound or die
army: combat drugs! roll after deployment for all your non-vehicles
1- +1 WS
2- +1 BS
3- +1 Init
4- +1 S
5 - +1 T
6- +1 A
core: chaos warband, Kakophani (Lucius or Ch Lord, 3-6 noise marines—get split fire & all sonic weapons gain shred. If take 6 noise marines they also get +1 St guns)
command: lord of legion
aux: lost & damned + 8
obj: destroy enemy w/noise weapons; kill enemy in challenge; kill a unit falling back; Vp per unit fails morale, fear, pinning (max 3); your enemy picks obj marker and D3Vo when you take it; D3 VP if your enemy controls no objectives (improves)

Slaanesh Discipline
primaris Sensory overload witchfire 24" S4, AP4, assault 4, blind, concussive, pinning [1]
Hysterical Frenzy blessing 12" roll on table for bonus Init, str, or att [1]
Delightful Agonies blessing 12" gain FnP 4 [1]
Symphony of Pain malediction 21", takes 1 BS and WS from target, any sonic weapons shooting this targeted unit add +1 str (cumulative!) [1]
Sonic shockwave nova 9" S5 AP4 assault D6,pinning, ignores cover [1]
Aural Onslaught beam, 18" S8, AP2 assault 1, menal anguish (before attack, target takes ldsh test and if fails you reroll to-wounds here) [2]
Apoplectic Glee witchfire 24" S-special AP - assault 1, ignores cover, ecstacy (no roll to wound, rather all non-vehicles hit themselves using their own unmodified strength [2]

Since I was always planning on running with the MoS this is great for me :biggrin.: I'm particularly interested in what the combat drugs will do as I want to run an infantry heavy force - random yes but all results would be very nice. Imagine rolling around with my meltas and autocannons being BS5? Cool. All the others will buff combat nicely, something I'll be trying to get into :tongue.:

The psychic powers look pretty cool, I am planning on getting my Sorcerers going but I have little experience in casting powers so I can't comment much more. Anyone with more witchery ways who can give a review on them? Seems to me that the blessing powers would be nice.

Fuelled by sensation appears quite good, FnP 6+ is something my loyalists have (somewhat ironic) and while not something to count on a nice bonus when you get that 6. Previously I thought the Icon was a bit pricey, but with this to boost it to a 4+ I may need to revise that. The hitting back if you're killed before striking seems a little odd, perhaps an attempt to make unweildy weapons more viable for Slaaneshi Champs?

I'm not sure about the Warlord Traits, couple seem like they could be good but Fear and the LoS! perhaps less so?

I'm really keen to see the proper wording when it comes to the hitting before they die thing. Could be quite useful on a Terminator Deathstar with a smattering of fists for a Wulfen-lite response to having to take off your toys but outside of unwieldy weapons or taking charges from Hammer of Wrath units probably won't see a huge amount of use with our higher initiative.

Psychic powers look useful. There's enough there now to justify putting the points into trying to get Symphony for the stacking strength in the Sonic weapons.

I'm just over the moon that there are rules to really represent our favourite Slaaneshi sorts a lot better now and that some of our stuff has gotten a decent buff for free is just gravy!

Edited by Elazar The Glorified

I just pre-ordered the TL book :D I agree the proper wording is needed but I think it's a safe enough assumption for the moment, not enough to swap to something unweildy on Champs (even more so as one of the drug rolls is +1I) but a good bonus like the 6+ FnP.

So, Basically, get a Biker Lord in the formation that give you the Combat Drug roll and give him the Combat Drug Relic for +D3 Rolls.

Get HILARIOUSLY lucky and potentially end up with a T9 Biker Lord? (Or +4 to any stat if you somehow roll the same result on EVERY dice).

Or, as happened to me yesterday, get +1 ini for everyone (against Admech+Imperial Knights) and +2 ini and bs (with an already twin linked weapon^^;; ) on the warlord ^^;;; :wacko.: :biggrin.:

hilarity ensues

Edited by Filkarion

I think the relic is great if you want to beat a beat stick Lord as all but the BS buff will be quite useful.

I'm not sure on the NM formation bits, I think the buy in is too high if you want to get the most from it. Who has that many sonic weapons too? :P

I think the relic is great if you want to beat a beat stick Lord as all but the BS buff will be quite useful.

I'm not sure on the NM formation bits, I think the buy in is too high if you want to get the most from it. Who has that many sonic weapons too? :tongue.:

During deployment I found out in horror I need to buy/convert around 5-6 more blasters! :wacko.:

The formation is everything I wanted for years and more!

posted BatRep here

Edited by Filkarion

Blaster masters I have but no sonic blasters. I still wonder if I need them.

More BMs though, are always needed.

I like the sound (see what I did there? ;)) of the Shriekwave weapon. I modelled something like a dirge caster on the front of my lord's bike -not expected to ever get the option, but for looks- and perhaps this could represent the Shriekwave :tu:

You know I think ECs are going to be a dark horse winner with this supplement. I've made some lists I'd like to try out but I doubt I'll buy more blastmasters and I currently have 2 done up as Iron Warriors. Lol

I have a feeling cult troops will see new kits in the new year.

Theres always FW Kataphonii(or something like that).

On a side note, is there a way to bring Havok squads of Blastmasters like in the old days? Noise Dreads or anything like that outside of FW rules?

Been sitting on a pile of Noise weaponry and parts for a good ten years or so, looking forward to actually using them. Even have some of the old 80s rock band Noise marines back from the days where they wore clashing colors and crazy armor. I wish I had my old Elvis model still, it was an old Noise Marine with a portrait of Elvis on his shoulder pad.

Well, the new book has definitely excited me, bringing me back to commenting for the first time in several months and rekindling my hobby spirit.

It's also refocused my hobby juices on my reborn chaos army, so I believe it is finally time to declare their dedication and fealty.

Sorcerer Ma'ian Filliant, Atephanis Of the Syzygy, has arrived to present the reviewed oaths.

Exalted Sassinak Kuros, The Huntsman, Lord of the Golden Horde, shall bring his Horde is support of the glory of Slaanesh and the might of his Children.