[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I had considered Tartaros for that very reason, but I do think that the extra suitability is going to be worth it considering I have absolutely nothing striking at initiative apart from the Praetor.

Plus I don't own any Tartaros >_>

As for the anti-tank, I definitely hear you there...I think it will really come down to tactics in that respect, do I move them up 6" and give the enemy 10 twin linked lascannon shots on turn 1, or do I flat out everything and hit them with half that number at full BS? It'll be situational, based on opponent and who gets turn 1. One thing I was considering was taking the command tank option to give the Land Raiders tank hunter...

EDIT: Good point on the chainfist. I'd like at least one in there but points are pretty tight...if I can squeeze 5 points from somewhere else I'll throw one in.

Edited by OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

Dedicated anti-tank isn't quite as big an issue for Inductii-heavy lists as you might think.

Today I killed 2 Gorgons, a Baneblade and a Malcador in close combat between three squads of Inductii.

It was hilarious and I recommend it if you ever have the opportunity. 

Volkite charger Support Squads are great for World Eaters, as they can take chainaxes for 2 ppm. Real decent shooty/choppy unit!

@OPTIMVSCHRISTVS, you can take a Spartan as a Dedicated Transport for your Terminators. That will allow you to take 3 individual Land Raiders for the Inductii, rather than having them locked into a Squadron. Trust me - that will become a problem. I'd also take dozee blades over auxiliary drives - half the price and twice as effective.

So guiltyspark and I had a game against Ninjaman's iron warriors last night. We played the book 6 mission for fall of Bodt. I'll open with FLINT WE LISTENED TO YOU!!! there is something beautiful about 30 inducti in land raiders and with the meatgrinder rule ohhhhhh baby did those boys put in the work. I'll try and post a brief synopsis later today after work.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I will be taking the Spartan as dedicated and running the land raiders individually, now that you mention it- should be way more flexible.

As for scoring units...come now, we're the XII legion. Our job is to kill highrider scum, not sit around and hold objectives!

Oh man, I just got my FW order which included the new WE decal sheet and it has something on it that I did not notice before...bitchin' kill tally scratches likeep what is shown in the book 6 art. Definitely going to be using some of those!

So, I'm planning my Weaters army. If I buy another BaC and combine that with the miniatures ans Gedöns I allready have, it should be somethink like this:

+++ Weaters (1748pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Gahlan Surlak

Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, Refractor Field]

Consul [Forge Lord]

Techmarine/Forgelord Options [Augury Scanner, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [Augmented Inductii, Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad [Augmented Inductii, Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Support Squad [8x Legion Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade, Volkite Chargers]

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade]

Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [2x Combi-weapon, Heavy Flamer, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Gun, 2x Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Outrider Squad [6x Legion Space Marine Outrider, Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron

Legion Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade, Extra Armour]

Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron

Legion Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade, Extra Armour]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor]

XII: World Eaters [blood Madness]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Whatdoyathink?

Sure, I like that idea. As a matter of fact I am working on a custom build classic Dreadclaw right now. Would be a shame not to use it, wouldn't it? ;)

Hm, you can't combine Surlak and a Delegatus in a Berserk Assault and I had to swap the TSS for another TS. So no BA for me right now. It's a shame but I luuuv my CHOOOM CHOOOM POWER. :D

Edited by Gorgoff