[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

^The couple times I've tried pairing Gahlan with Angron, it's been by themselves in a Dreadclaw.

Hilariously, both times it got shot down before it could drop them off, resulting in a Str10Ap2 plummet to the ground.

Both times, Angron bounced the wounds, then hopped up to gleefully charge into squishy loyalists.

Angron defeated blows from Terra itself :lol:

This is full of useful information.

One thing I don't like though is the title. It implies that there are things that should not be hit with chainaxes.

You could try hitting a Warlord with a chainaxe. However the subsequent stomp might hurt a bit :p

I'm sending Angron and the legion up against a bunch of warhounds and a reaver soon. Should be very interesting to see if it is at all possible to fell titans. I forsee massive issues with the bloody 6s to hit and then the 'remove model' if my opponent rolls 6s to wound. As well as the 'can never be locked in combat' rule.

Any thoughts on strategy?

I still cant believe we are 67 pages strong for WE tactics. 'Run as fast as possible

towards the enemy and hit them with your axe' is all you need in any situation.

We love nothing more than hitting stuff with chainaxes but we also love talking about it. ;)  

A "bunch" of Warhounds?

Yeah I think he's bringing two or three. Definitely one reaver...

Kill them with own Titans or run.

Turns out we only played a 3k game this time so he ended up taking 5 knights of various FW varieties and a Warhound Titan. Long story short I used the orbital rite of war and dropped Angron, Red Butchers, Chainfist Terminators, Meltafisted Contemptors and a couple of support squads (5 plasma, 5 melta).

Targetted the Warhound first (which died T2), then destroyed a knight or two per turn with all the armourbane going around. Gotta say, vs Knights or Titans, World Eaters are brilliantly equipped to smash them to death in close combat (as long as you have pods to get you in their face immediately).

I'll admit, I've always been worried as to needing ranged anti-tank weapons like a Sicaran Venator or suchlike...but to be honest, no need. Melta and charge, that's enough.

p.s. Oh and this was the opening phase of an Isstvan V campaign we're running. So first blood to the traitors!

Edited by Ethrion

Nice work, man!

I found out very early on that Dad doesn't need a lot of help with killing Knights. He'll typically murder them before they get to swing, even if they get the charge :D

Glad to hear a warhound isn't much different.

Nice work, man!

I found out very early on that Dad doesn't need a lot of help with killing Knights. He'll typically murder them before they get to swing, even if they get the charge :biggrin.:

Glad to hear a warhound isn't much different.

It'll be interesting vs. his Reaver or Warlord as Angron will only hit on 6s as will everyone else, and he won't stay locked in combat.

I'm not sure I'd call that interesting, more like highly ineffective. Plus the warlord/reaver only has to roll a 6 on stomps once to crush Angron into a pulp. It might be heresy to say this in the World Eaters thread, but assaulting a warlord/reaver titan is one of the worst ways to take them out. 

I'm not sure I'd call that interesting, more like highly ineffective. Plus the warlord/reaver only has to roll a 6 on stomps once to crush Angron into a pulp. It might be heresy to say this in the World Eaters thread, but assaulting a warlord/reaver titan is one of the worst ways to take them out.

I believe it's only warlords that are hit on a six, while reaves are fives and sixes.

Assaulting them with anything besides meltabomb jetbikes, maybe, which are exempt from the reduced hit chance. Even then, yeah, you have a turn to kill it before it just stomps stuff.

I mean still do you want Angron to chimp off one or two HP a turn from a reaver while having the chance of being stomped to death? Besides maybe the warhound titan, primarchs really should just stay away from titans. As you mentioned jetbikes really are the only unit that has a chance to do decent damage to a titan in an assault. 

Hi there, now I have to post here too :)

I have decided to build up a World Eaters force for the Heresy.

But I need a little help/advice.

I actual own 2 BaC Boxes, an Leviathan Body, and an Raven Guard Contemptor Body which I plan to convert into WE-Style :)

Last but not least, the laser rapier Vindicator, because of style :)

So guys now what do you think, will this be a good start?

I plan definetly to buy a second Contemptor ( i dont like the plastic BaC ones)and maybe the Red Butchers

What do you think would fit in best, mechanised or all by pods?

I am afraid about footslogging, too much Dakka out there :)

I plan definetly to play the three Bots i like them for their looking :)