Reflections of our Father - Rage Borne Upon Fiery Wings 

"Only thou art above, and when towards thee 

By thy leave I can look, I rise again; 

But our old subtle foe so tempteth me, 

That not one hour I can myself sustain; 

Thy grace may wing me to prevent his art, 

And thou like adamant draw mine iron heart."

From the works of Jo-Donne, writer of Meta-physik, circa early M1 

"We fall to earth as burning Angels, Seraphim in truth, blades bare and anger bright. They were the foremost, the edge, our heralds. They suffered and fought and suffered again, never voicing complaint or doubt. Their anger sustained them, fed them. And the blood flowed in their wake."

From Blood on the Steel: the lives of Seraph 
Bastian Ortega, once named Icarium, of the IXth Legion Astartes.  

*** Accessing Image Records 

* Display: Leopard-5 Assault, Seraph Company, IXth Legion Astartes

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150110_114818_zps59470245.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150110_114928_zps1493df63.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150110_115006_zps5b907d9e.jpg

"A lightning claw? Such a brutal way to wield a weapon. Such inelegance to need four blades when just one suffices. Here, let me show you..." 

Irek Skaro, named Malchior, of Leopard-5 Assault, addressing Pit-Champion Nomek Bahn of the Twelfth Legion on day 11 of the Fall. 

*** Records Access revoked. Display ends. 

Defiance in Steel 

"Sworn to protect Heiron Tychus, Praetor of Seraph, the Ophanim were the most selfless of us. Ignoring their own lust for battle and glory, they instead dedicated themselves to watching over Tychus. Sacrifice comes in many forms, not all of them obvious, but the Life-Wards never spoke of theirs. When Tychus fell, the Ophanim finally unleashed their wrath and in bloody refusal they stood in the Eaters' path and held them. Again and again, they held them." 

From Blood on the Steel: the lives of Seraph 

Bastian Ortega, once named Icarium, of the IXth Legion Astartes 

*Image Codicium accessed: Visual cortex stimulation commencing 

*Display: Legion Life-Wards: The Ophanim of Seraph Company, IXth Legion Astartes 

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150115_220547_zpse4dcedec.jpg

Legion Life-Ward Pallas, KIA day 3 of the Fall 

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150115_220530_zps8c4eb688.jpg

Legion Life-Ward Andri, KIA day 3 of the Fall 

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150115_220501_zps5d9244e4.jpg

Legion Life-Ward Demeter, KIA day 3 of the Fall 

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150115_220443_zps21ffc5c7.jpg

Legion Life-Ward Venik, KIA day 3 of the Fall 

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150115_220517_zpsa08904f6.jpg

Kulen Sha, named Zeruel, KIA day 3 of the Fall 

*Image Codicium access released: Visual cortex stimulation ended

These chaps are special, can you please tell me what the final helmet is?

It's one of the heads from the horus heresy Emperor's Children from the "Palatine Blades" set.

The ophanim are incredible JackDaw... words escape me trying to describe them. 

Evening folks, hope you are all peachy. Mucho thanks for the kind words and enthusiam for the Ophanim, it made me smile.

Slipstreams - He is pretty sweet isn't he? I think the bigger shield works much better than the older small one.

Marine7312000 - There's another five to come, but it might be a while till they see paint - need to finish off the first 4 Blooded and get Raziel painted first.

Jimbo13 - True fact, FW actually employ to tempt people into buying more stuff, just by posting models up.....And thanks, i do take a while to think through each pose so good to know it all pays off.

SanguiniusReborn - A standing ovation? Too kind mate, too kind.

LionOfJudah - Thanks mate, much appreciated. As The_Chaplain says, the helm on Sha is the Palatine Blade sgts head.

The_Chaplain - Cheers brother, glad you like them. Still another five to do as well, advancing into fire this time....

Commissar Molotov - Damn right he will ;) You can't see from that pic, but the fur extends about a thrid of the way down the cloak so plenty of room for white leopard fun. I need to roughen up the ends of the cloak a bit more as well from looking at him.

So it seems like the Ophanim are a hit - almost a shame I killed them off pretty much straight away ;) As mentioned, I need to do another five of them and get the first five Blooded painted up before I make a start on painting these chaps. Looking forward to it. In regards to the veterans, I had a spare hour and half painting time last night and somehow managed to blast through the black sections, the gunmetal and put the base brown down for the gold - so there's not much left to do aside from the gold, detailing and bases.

And the fluff. Dear Lord, the accompanying fluff.

There's time I think it would just be much easier to paint stuff and not worry about story. But that way lies soulless heresy.

That's it for now folks, will update soon as I make some appreciable progress. Hopefully should be getting my last batch of bits soon so can crack on and get everything assembled.

Jack

Evening folks, just a small update while i work on some fluff for the Veterans. Had a little bit of hobby time which was mainly spent getting some bits together for the last 5 Vets, specifically their sgt, the Old Bull. I also tweaked a few things on some models, which I shall show in a second.

Flint13 - High praise indeed ;) Fluff is in the works, don't worry.

So, here's what I've been playing around with. Firstly, Raziel had his bolter arm removed and replaced with a plasma thrower - I like it. I think. The plasma ties him more to 30k, which is good. I was tempted to put an inferno pistol arm on and run it as a volkite serpenta or charger, but I dunno.... Anyways, pic:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150124_184902_zpscsc5ph4z.jpg

Also I had a fiddle with the sgt for the Scimitars, specifically popping his right arm off and replacing the shoulder pad and weapon - the bolt pistol looked too simple and begged the question of why he would bother with it when he has a whacking great volkite blaster thingy on his ride. Deciding to do away with a specific list and just model what I wanted to, I went for something a bit more regal and stabby.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150124_184841_zpsrv2yunou.jpg

Oh yes. Power spear. And yes, the Red Scorpion pad will be fluff-justified.

That's it for now chaps, sorry for the lack of stuff. More to come soon, promise.

Jack

I'm looking forward to the fluff for your veterans. Interestingly enough, I'm currently working on the fluff for one of my sergeants, who is also known as the Bull. Hopefully his fluff can match the calibre of the background you give each of your models. Raziel is looking good.

Dallo

Good call using the retro Plasma Pistol for Raziel brother, it looks great.

The Jetbike Sergeant is looking cool, the Power Spear just fits bikers so well plus it's a nice break from the more common swords, axes and fists.

I think I know how the Scorpion pad is justifiable, the Fire Scorpion of Baal is the most dangerous beast on the planet. I'm guessing the Sergeant and his squad are likened to the Scorpion's poisonous sting, swift, crippling and lethal beyond belief?

Howdy folks, hope things are chipper smile.png

So, bit of a busy weekend all told - BL submission in and already ruining my sleep with anticipation, a host of bits ordered for one single Veteran, and a lot of fiddly little tweaks on models. Didn't feel like I got too much done to be honest. The fluff for the Vets is coming slowly, I need to knuckle down and get it sorted out soon. Discipline is needed.

On the other hand, I did get these bad boys sorted out:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150126_221227_zpstwe9ew3t.jpg

Hot damn I like these models. Wasn't a fan at first, but just look at that phalanx of metal wang. Awesome. Still assembly-in-progress, they need a lot of gs work to tidy up and the bases need sanding. Couple of little bits to point out - you've seen the sergeant already with new power spear and scorpion-pauldron, but the Astartes on the far left has the other arm from the Master of Signals, beautifully positioned with no cutting to be tapping away as his display screen. The guy with the arm raised......sigh, it looked really good in my head, but in reality he just looks like he's waving to someone as he goes past, the loser. The idea was that he was the point man, moving ahead to locate enemy formations, and was motioning his squadmates in for the kill. Didn't work out - I'm going to replace the open hand with a clenched fist and see if that looks better. Actually that whole arm looks weak. Sigh.

And replies!

Brother Dallo - Gah, you and me both. Seriously need to get on it. I have no doubts your own fluff will stand up to mine, and thanks for the praise smile.png

SanguiniusReborn - Yeah I like how utilitarian and plain it looks, fits nicely with the non-40k bling look I want. My fear was a spear would look a bit too White Scar, but its worked out nicely. And yep, you got that right on the nose background wise - collectively all of the Scimitar squadrons of Seraph will be known by the appellation 'Scorpion-x' similar to Leopard-9 etc.

Dosjetka - The boy done good.

Right, thats all for tonight chaps and chappesses, I'm off to poke the nebulous fluff scenes I have for the vets until they assemble themselves into something resembling a coherent piece.

Man, I have boss writing skills.

Jack

Best of luck with the BL submission. We're all rooting for ya!

Instead of him waiving, perhaps he could be pointing or gesturing forwards? Maybe even rotating the hand/wrist so that its more parallel to the bike, as if he's gesturing forwards? Maybe take a look at some common (or uncommon ^ ^ ) cavalry hand signals?

can't wait to see these guys with some paint slapped on 'em!biggrin.png

don't wanna go and angle the arm too too low if you leave him with an open (ish?) hand, we can't be hailing the fuhrer and not expect to catch some flak for it. msn-wink.gif

could just give the guy a sword or long knife and have him raising it, thattaways he looks like he's marking the target and gesturing to his mates to sick 'em.

(or even like the black Templar's emperor's champion kinda style for that matter)

This may sound silly but have tried lining the models up, with the point bike at the front. You have a visual scene in your head. You need to play it out. It will of course look silly with him next to his fellow marines because he is in the wrong position. See the unit as a mini diorama then decide.

As always your background writing is fantastic, and your models look great, I'm sure you will figure the bikes out.

If you're unsure about the pose, have you tried angling the torso and head? I think perhaps it looks like he's hailing someone because he's looking forward. If you turn the torso and head so that he's looking over this shoulder, the pose will make more sense as a 'go forward' gesture. Of course, that'll take some trimming and bending of bits, but you never were one for simply conversions, were you? ;)

The Breachers are particularly glorious, by the way.

Evening folks, hope you are all good.

Little update right now, potentially a bigger one later on. First though, some replies:

DimDim - Haha, I try mate, I do try. Kulen Sha does seem to be possibly the most popular Angel I've done so far.

SalvationOfReason - Cheers mate, much appreciated. Yeah, the hand/arm issue on the drawing board at the moment. A clenched fist does look better, but I'll try a few other things.

Argent Aquila - I'm looking forward to painting them up as well. I have got a few sword options I am trying out as well.

The Hydra - Yeah I did the lining-up thing, it still looked a little off....I dunno, maybe its the arm itself thats the issue. And thanks as well mate, glad to hear you are enjoying everything.

Apologist - That might work...will need some pinning and gs'ing ribbing in the armpits, maybe a full shoulder swap on the trailing arm....Will give it a go. And thanks man, they do seem to have turned out rather well. Another 5 to go as well.

So, while the Scimitars are on standby awaiting their greenstuff work and the arm sorting, I've been working on the fluff for the Vets. Good news is that the fluff for the first 2 is 2/3rds done, so they should be up just after the weekend. Would be sooner, but I've got some freelance stuff I need to get done first. When I had a spare half hour though, I started working on this chap:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20150130_201303_zpsefmw9ka6.jpg

Minos Patreides, the Old Bull, Second of the Blooded of Seraph.

Still needs a bit more work, mainly greenstuff tidying up. But look at him. Damn he looks old, and nails.

Catch you all soon :)

Jack

Excellent stuff. I like him far more than Raziel, personally. I I like the use of Calgar's head; I have one myself that I'm planning to use. Obviously his gorget needs smoothing and I think he could do with a blood drop on his chest, but I really like him a great deal.

The one thing I don't like completely is his bionic foot, but it does help to make him cantankerous and stompy.

Archived