Vykryl's Great Company WIP

Vykryl

Has it really been two and a half years since I put razor to plastic? Took me a bit to find my own thread. Didn't realize it had been so long since I played with my 40k stuff. I should start having something to show again soon, have a pile of mk iv sprues, some bits from Pop Goes the Monkey, and bits from Ebay that I finally know what I'm doing with.

Almost two years ago I left the flower business and went to work for the local saw mill at their wood waste burning power plant. I've been buying bits and had quite the stack of shipping envelopes piled up on my desk. Apparently I've been more focused on D&D and MTG than I'd realized. I really cannot express how much I enjoy going out for pizza and MTG on Tuesdays (when I'm on days, we flipped nights/days every three months). Playing cards with my old friends is something I missed very much. Unfortunately their age is starting to show. Age is the one opponent that beats everyone, just ask Thor.

So back on track. I cleaned off my desk last night and opened my envelopes of bits. Was surprised at some of the contents, didn't remember ordering some of them. Sorted some things and set out the eleven primaris models I'd ordered. Thought there were just ten but found a lieutenant model among the bits. I assembled the ten Intercessors before my afternoon noon nap today (I'm on nights right now, get a full nights sleep Sunday night and a nap Monday afternoon before work. Only get two full nights a week with wife on this shift :( ). Guessing these came from the Dark Imperium set and were quite the puzzle to assemble with out any kind of guide. Either I screwed up somewhere or the seller mixed up the bits before shipping. When I got to the last model I found the the arms didn't match. Looking over the other nine I thought I found a mistake, but the last left arm didn't fit that model either. So now I've got nine completed Intercessors and a one armed marine. Not what i was expecting.

Anyone have an idea for what kits I could get a substitute arm from? Didn't notice just Primaris gun arms on my favorite bits site. Saw Reiver arms, dont want to order any with out knowing if they're interchangeable.

From what I've seen all Primaris arms are interchangeable, but some armour types (eg. Reiver) are smaller.  So in the case of Reivers, the armour is slightly smaller, just less bulky.  Could you use the Primaris SW Upgrade pack to finish off the guy with the missing arm? 

Thank you. Don't know if I want to waste those upgrade arms to fix a basic gunman. Will stay away from reiver arms for this mix up. I added some primaris sergeant arms to my last order. Maybe I can chop one of those arms to fit the Dark Vengeance figure. They are an oddly cast set compared to boxed squad kits.