Vykryl's Great Company WIP

Vykryl

We will see if I can fallow the video when I do the 2 plasma gunners I vowed. Thank you Dantay.

I finished the Lone Wolf last night. His shield is rather dull, may paint the boss bronze an the skull silver.

gallery_74843_8971_66199.jpg

gallery_74843_8971_167103.jpg

gallery_74843_8971_68164.jpg

Edited by Vykryl

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of making a 3rd ETL vow. I have these 5 BaC Cataphractii and kit bashed Cypher. Not sure if I should keep the TDA as is or try to add SW bits to then.

gallery_74843_8971_1498.jpg

Was thinking the plates in my normal leadbelcher/red with bronze trim. I like the fringe and was thinking paint it my leather color. Sounds to simple and quick, without all the SW trinkets everywhere. Maybey I can add some of the TWC trinket strings. Try to add some SW bling without adding pelts. Any thoughts or Ideas from the Fang?

Thank you Pop Goes the Monkey :D Now if payday would only get here quicker.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QDW46JASP/odins-horn-gen7-standard-shoulder-x10?li=shareProducthank%22%5Dhttps://www.shapeways.com/product/QDW46JASP/odins-horn-gen7-standard-shoulder-x10?li=shareProduct

gallery_74843_8971_16454.jpeg

Just ordered 2 sets of these :D Looking forward to not trying to free hand my emblem any more.

Edited by Vykryl

He looks good.

I would have suggested doing the lether oarts brown and the upper shoulder plates red.

Kneeplates either red or black.

He would also tie on nicely with your other TDA too.

Also the shapeways pads look good :tu:

Something along your line of thought is still in consideration. I wasn't sure how to handle the tiered pauldrons or the dangly things. Will paint the another one up as you suggest so we can see them side by side.

I do the lower part of the tiered pauldron the same colour as the armour and the upper plate in company & pack colours.

The dangly bits are leather so I do them brown due to the lack of pelts.

Dantay's suggestion next to my lazy job.

gallery_74843_8971_82793.jpg

Edit: almost painted that small plate under the chin area red, wasn't sure about it. Need to foul upthe fringe with some earth shade omce the nuln oil dries

Edited by Vykryl

Looks good.

Yhe lower leg being red is inexpected but looks nice.

Give the claws a blue glaze and a was of agrax to the leather

It will help the claws stand out against the grey and yhe leather against the red, as it is quite a reddish brown you have usrd.

Plan on painting the claws silver and then blue. The leather color is what I used on my scouts last ETL.

Thank you guys. Looks like I have a plan for painting these TDA now ;)

Not sure about these claws. Will probably finish the other 2 up same so they match.

gallery_74843_8971_159059.jpg

I'm rather off my game in general right now. My grandmother passed on Wednesday, my uncle notified me Thursday. I've been trying to take care of the arrangements. Thankfully my grandparents had taken care of the expenses already. Signing papers, contacting out of state family, picking a date was all that was left to do.

It's hard losing a loved one. While i will miss my grandma, I am happy that she is no longer in a failing body and suffering dementia. Been difficult visiting her on Sundays the past 8 years, seeing a once active person stuck in a wheelchair and lost in time. At last she is free.

My condolences Vykryl. I recently had a similar situation with my grandfather. Luckily, the hobby was what really kept me sane. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

As for the claws, what type of blue did you use? They almost come out purple.

I already pm'd you last night, but thinking of ya fella.

Yeah, the blue is way too dark.

I would suggest that you do your leadbelcher base and drybrush with runefang steel.

Really thi your wash down, so it tints the silver with a blue sheen and then go over the tips with pure silver

Figured that blue was too much. I'd painted the claws silver and then brushed on the blue. The blue dried rather faint. Out of curiosity I just dunked the whole hand into the pot to see what would happen. Has thought to dry brush some silver over them to tone down the blue, just been distracted and busy.

I think the blue is Storm or Magic Blue by Game Color, will have to find the bottle to be certain. Its rather odd to me in that its thicker than a Citadel wash but too thin to use as anything except a wash. Also have a red from Gane Color that functions tge same. Not sure what the deal Is.

Kind of glad my grandmother's time here is over. I'd rather miss her than continue to watch her suffer. Not having my mother here to tell me what to do is the harder part. I've been trying to handle the arrangements and worried I'll forget something. A cousin is helping plan a family dinner for after the internment, takes a load of my mind. My grandparents had everything in place already. All I really had to do was scheduling and contact out of town family. I just function better when someone hands me a list of tasks to accomplish rather try to figure it out on my own, I'm not much of a details man ;)

Had a family dinner at my uncles last night, only one of the five brothers isn't In town yet. Was a good time together, enjoying family, a meal, looking at pictures and trying to figure out who they were of :)

After deleting 5 months of computer updates, ny video maker is working again. My wife is scanning photos of Grandma into the computer while I'm at work. Maybe to night I will get a memorial slideshow made. There's another dinner tonight, may not have time till Thursday night.

Sorry to hear about your loss sir.    Your army however is coming together nicely, and I really like your color scheme.   It's a shame about the blue wash though, I would do Base coat silver,  then white highlights,  then do a very thin Glaze of blues, and maybe Guillimen blue from GW on the claws.    

To fit your scheme though you might want to try the same but go with Red wash. 

As all the others, my thoughts are with you and your family. While we all get to loose someone at some point, it never diminish the pain and sorrow of each one we'll miss.

Only time will ease. I know these are "obvious" words, but I can't find better ones.

Spend time with your beloved ones and share the memories of your Grandma, that's all there is to do.

The whole pack owls with you in sorrow.

G.

• 1 month later...

Guess I'll have to log in from my computer someday to add ETL badges to my sig. I think Dantay missed the Cypher I did when posting earned badges ;) Here's maybe a better pic of him.

gallery_74843_8971_3806.jpg

Real reason for this post is I've picked up 4 of tge BaC tactical sprue and not sure what to do with them. Been trying to decide if I want to make a bunch pf PAWG or make a small Salamander CT army. Force in my mind can be used for either or but comes in something like 80 points more for SW :cuss looking at options has me really irritated with the points discrepancies between codices :cuss :cuss :cuss Anyway, I assembled one WG/VV with jump pack tacked on to get an physical idea of whats in my head. Really liking some of the new dwarf stuff and trying to get a more viking theme than furry barbarian. Not sure about it as the BaC arms are limiting :( Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this guy?

gallery_74843_8971_47045.jpg

Looks good, the weapon is really nice.

Not sure about the shield though.

problem is that there are very few of the sargeant arms compared to the amount of bodies you get, and they are ALL tactical marines holding bolters or missile launchers.

Best hope for varying poses is to cut some of the arms above the elbow pad so you can move them around and vary the gun position, or get differentarms from elsewhere.

WIll get you added to the awards table

I do like the war picks from the new dwarf kits. The shields have been something else. I bought a few to try out and decided I like their look. Turns out all the new dwarf shields have cutting edges on them. The bottom trim on the shield in the above pic is a blade as well as decorative. Will tinker some more when I get the chance. Also looking for jump packs for these guys. I have 10 from Storm Crow, but would rather not have pelts.

Also trying to turn Scions into Scouts but not sure about my efforts. Here's my test model from a couple angles.

gallery_74843_8971_101033.jpg

gallery_74843_8971_98438.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sure been awhile since I completed anything. Have assembled a couple Tartaros TDA and 1 Assault Marine. Thinking to turn my small pile of mkIV and Tartaros TDA into a small force using the Traitor Legions book using NL rules because i want bs4 Skyclaws and a leader with a heavy flamer. If we could just have some real shooting options on HQ units :( The army will also be legal to field as a Wolves force with a little shuffling.

So this guy will be my HQ when using TL book or a TDAWG using our codex. Not sure if I think his combat weapon is over the top. The dual claw will be a counts as chain fist.

gallery_74843_8971_85933.jpg