Vykryl

Okay. A quick play around.

P1010082

Bottom stripe is nuln oil, 
second bottom is agrax earthshade
second top is ogryn flesh
top is blood for the blood god

Beside the second top stripe is a number of other stripes

The left most stripe is a mix of bestial/skrag brown and nuln oil. Heavily diluted is pretty close to flesh shade
The stripe to the right is red brown mix, then pure brown, then heavily diluted brown (browns are skrag/bestial brown)

The pallette shows how heavily I diluted it to get the mixes.

Does this help you out at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, 2 more finished and one getting close

First four members of my Melta Grey Hunter Pack, Pack Leader and three Hunters

Melta Pack

Wolf Priest Styrkar nearing completion. Maybe should have painted hood/cape as a grey pelt? Still needs his face and beard fixed and the plasma coil finished

Wolf Priest Strykar

Looking good there Vyk, very nice clean paintwork. I also like the pelt on the priest. The brown gives a nice contrast to the greys.

Maybe a wwash on the beard though?

My wife painted Styrkar back in February, black and gold. The gold didn't cover well, the crozus was a bit longer, the Cape went past the base, it had a few issues. I trimmed the Cape so he wouldn't trip over it on battle. I think that staff is a from chaos and for tda, I trimmed the huge knob off the bottom so it would better fit the model size. Painted the arms, torso and upper legs boltmetal, needs 1-2 more washes to darken. Gold detail was painted bronze. The Cape had been a mottled grey/black, you can see what I did. Changed color of plasma coils, needs a darker blue wash.

The back torso is the wolf pelt from Grey Hunter box, wolf head is from our TDA pelt. My wife green stuffed it to what you see.

I'm going to repaint Styrkar's face before I give it and his beard a wash. I got home late yesterday and ran out of time to finish him, I try to sleep at least 6 hours a night. Didn't check Styrkar to see how he looks dry, got his first wash just before I took the pic and went to bed.

I found a pic of Styrkar as painted by my wife

Styrkar

I have since trimmed his cloak to an even hemline above his base. His crozus was shortened, the knob was too bulky to me. He is sporting more grey and bronze instead of gold, the GW gold I have just doesn't cover well on it's own.

My almost complete redo for comparison

Wolf Priest Strykar

Looks like I need to take a better picture

Looks good. The washes have helped give his face a bit more life, plgood work on the golds of the crozius and also the skull.

Maybe for the plasma pistol a final light drybrus of a really light blue or white on the top edges may be the way to go?

Otherwise Strykar is ready to rock!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly completed Wolf Lord Orm, just needs the right head.

gallery_74843_8971_33950.jpg

May try to green stuff a beard on one from my bits. Was looking at Empire Flagellant heads. Don't want to spend $10 on a pack of heads when I only like three of them and don't know how they'd fit a power armour body

Edit: guess I should include this for a better view. The arms and pack are magnetized

gallery_74843_8971_27100.jpg

Edited by Vykryl

Sweet sword! Where is it from? Bloodletters?

Bloodletter sword and frost axe handle. Cut maybe half inch of the sword, shaved the random barbs, cut bottom third of cross guard off, trimmed widest part of cross guard to get what you see.

I used the frost axe head to make a double bit axe for a TDA further up this thread. Dantay suggested I not use the pommel from the sword and find something more Space Wolf. Remembering the wolf head on the frost axe handle I tried it. Drilled out the hand, cut a ring around the handle as a guide, shaved knurling above ring, then set into hand.

Sweet sword! Where is it from? Bloodletters?

Bloodletter sword and frost axe handle. Cut maybe half inch of the sword, shaved the random barbs, cut bottom third of cross guard off, trimmed widest part of cross guard to get what you see.

I used the frost axe head to make a double bit axe for a TDA further up this thread. Dantay suggested I not use the pommel from the sword and find something more Space Wolf. Remembering the wolf head on the frost axe handle I tried it. Drilled out the hand, cut a ring around the handle as a guide, shaved knurling above ring, then set into hand.

Love the sword, and whats best is the base of the sword almost resembles the wolf head. The jagged teeth on the sword edging is nice, and gives me an idea for my plans of a custom Ragnar and weapon :) 

Great job!

• 2 weeks later...

After so many same Pic i finally have to say it..... clean your dust, man.

I cleaned up the dust and pieces and shavings from various bits. Also finally completed the pack I was working on, my first completed pack.

Grey Hunter Melta Pack

I also found a head for my Wolf Lord and magnetized my last three Terminators.

20141101 200418

Had thought to make a heavy flamer arm for one of my Dreadnoughts as well tonight, but I feel more like sleeping at the moment

Edit: can someone tell me why my pictures are posting in two different sizes? They are all the same size photos on my computer. This is confusing me

Edited by Vykryl

I wanted a twin linked heavy flamer arm for one of my Dreads. Looking around I did not see one made by GW. Dantay sent me a link for a Forge World inferno cannon but I wanted to try and make one. A while back I'd ordered some heavy bolter sponsons that came with heavy flamer sponson bits too. Last night a AsC arm arrived in the mail so I started chopping and carving.

gallery_74843_8971_48849.jpg

How's it look? Still need to fill some gaps. Used the shield and cross bit to cover some of marks from shaving away parts I didn't want

Edited by Vykryl

It came out a bit different than I had it pictured but I like it. Pretty much just cut out the inside of the shoulder and placed the flamers and tank where they fit best.

There are 2 heavy flamers side by side. I shaved the insides down to the targeting hook thing on top then glued them together. Shaved the outside so the panel was inset flush into the flamer body. Shaved the back side flamer until that plate fit into the shoulder. I don't have any plasticard so I sacrificed a Predator turret plate to fill out the back side of the shoulder. The tank being a double cylinder, I shaved the inside end off the top cylinder so it would fit flush with the flamers. Also shaved the raised details on the tank sides so the bit would fit flush. Shaved the mounting tab for the AsC ammo box and covered with a cross from a random sprue (came extra with a Dread). Didn't like the emblem on the plate that covers the script on the arm so shaved it off and covered with TWC storm shield.

I have 2 old style Rhinos and have been thinking of turning them into Whirlwinds. Not seeing much for missiles on at my bits supplies, I'm not paying $30 fir the lone whirlwind turret. Haven't found an alternative turret that fits the Rhino's look. Was thinking of using Landspeeder missile racks. Anyone know how the compare in size? I'm going to look around but any suggestions or ideas are appreciated

I think the Land Speeder missile racks would be too small. They seem to me closer in size to the cyclone launcher on TDA. Maybe look for IG (AM now) bits?

That's what I thought. Will have to search some more for something else