Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

Sure is. It's a base of 3/5 Sotek Green and 2/5 Army Painter black, followed by a layer of 4/5 Sotek Green and 1/5 Army Painter black. Wash of 1:1:1 Druchii Violet, Lahmian Medium and Water. Quick highlight of pure, unadulterated Sotek Green. Blast of matt varnish spray. Et voila!

@Brother Vidius...great stuff mate! The knight is suitably impressive!...what recipie are you using for the Iron Warriors?

@Strumanchu...looking sweet so far...love the fact you have an imperial fist on the base...adds a great contrast, good luck with the rest of him.

@GrandMaster...sweet stuff! Love the colour, it doesnt look as bright as I thought it would..lets see em finished!

And talking of finished!....I finished my pledge! (Yay for me)

Capt Sharn..."Kingslayer" the 6th

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140915_142226.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140915_142130.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140915_142156.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140915_142141.jpg

@Chaplain Mortis - Wowzers. Seriously, paint my army for me :-D

My pledge was for a fair bit and have loads to go. DId I really have to pledge 26 minis? Ha.

@Fire Golem - Nope! ALl mine mine. Joking aside, go for it! I don't get people who jealously guard their schemes. Be cool to see what you do with the Alphas!

Awsome work brothers!! And glad to see our first finished pledge any thoughts to increase your pledge brother chaplain?

And grand glad to see the you're enjoying the green a lot more then the dreaded yellow lol and i totally agree i only pledged 11 mini's but my lack of progress so far is depressing lol

@chaplain mortis thanks! Really simple recipe- Tin bitz base, Boltgun metal, black wash, brown wash(using Windsor and Newton Peat brown ink, really great product!) and then an Agrax Earthshade wash. I like the dark shade of silver it comes out as. Impressive World Eater! How did you do the weathering? I'm thinking of adding some to my Iron Warriors. thumbsup.gif

a little tip brothers.... if you were stuck between picking the VIIIth and XIIth legions and FINALLY decided on the XIIth DO NOT then proceed to read ADBs Night Lord trillogy..... all i can think of is building 1st claw >< damn hobby ADHD lol 

no no no not the collar agai...... sorry flash backs lol but no brother i am still committed to our broken farther and the XIIth..... but i do have 4 extra mk 4 marines left after this months pledge is done... may treat it like a reward if i get it finished in time :) 

not indecisive as such...... ok maybe a lil lol

@slip... nah got sutin else incoming for next months pledge, will be using this to get on with my XIIth to actually for the first time in 10 years get a force that if the mood actually took me i could play a game lol (first time for everything eh) with my desire to build first claw will just be a side effort/reward for completing a months work smile.png

Edit: as if to prove it to my self here a look at Centurion Taros Wyvernbane and the first 5 members of 1st squad 56th company

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/Jay_Leslie/003-8.jpg

obviously still very WIP..... shamed by the progress of some of y'all hehe

a little tip brothers.... if you were stuck between picking the VIIIth and XIIth legions and FINALLY decided on the XIIth DO NOT then proceed to read ADBs Night Lord trillogy..... all i can think of is building 1st claw >< damn hobby ADHD lol

If you know a certain modern alternative band named young the giant they have a song that goes like:

"My body tells me nooo, but I won't quit cuz I want more..."

I have adapted this song to my FW purchases:

"My wallet tells me nooo, but I won't quit cuz I want more..."

Well I have officially swapped legions. My Sons of Horus will now be my Primary force, while my Emperors Children will be built as a allies force.

Sons of Horus, were the army I wanted to do when I first started HH, but I had reserves about being able to do the paint scheme.
Now that I have come up with a scheme I can do, I will be jumping in with both feet.

I already have a 40k Emperors Children army, so nice to do something a bit different. 

So I am changing my Pledge to a Sons of Horus Apothecary, a small pledge but I have all the pieces ready to go.

The next few months will be finishing my Terminator squad and Tactical Squad, before doing HQ and Reavers. 

I also have a AOBR Dread I want to find a home for, how would you convert a Sons of Horus Dread ?

So this is my test model for next months Terminators, not finished yet needs touch ups,  for me to decided on the shoulder pad colours and what  to arm him with. Either heavy flamer or Reaper Autocannon, leaning towards heavy flamer, but not sure if they are good on the table top.

This is also the first Terminator I have every painted in 10+ of being in the hobby, for some reason my old armies never had them. 

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/Talos_photos/9ccaf5be-24f1-4ad1-a277-47b485ca8173_zps67d8c70f.jpg

I love this thread, amazing working all around! i am hoping to have some WIP up soon but i have two little problems which have been distracting me....a little game called destiny and damned college football but will hopefully have some pics up tonight1

Everything in this thread looks absolutely amazing! It's got me wanting to order some Forgeworld stuff, even if just to have that feeling of joy when it arrives akin to a child on Christmas morning tongue.png Maybe I can convince myself I need some contemptors... I actually sort of do (uh oh). msn-wink.gif

Archived