Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

Fire Golem: looking forward to seeing your tyberos medicae!

Grimtalos: Wow, that's a Nice paint job!

As for me:

Mohahahaha!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/imagejpg1_zpsc43bdbc3.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/imagejpg2_zps91165d25.jpg

The post and delivery service gods must have heard my grumbling!

From my understanding only the big stuff is cast to order, because of the size and larger molds. The infantry upgrades and the like stay in bins read for purchase. Also, if it's got air bubbles or something, that is a miscast. If it's bent or warped, most of the time that is a function of rapid temperature changes in the transportation process (it's really hot in the plane on the ground, and freezing in the air).

looking good there brothers daismith906 and grimtalos ,looking real good

and demon2027 there is alternatives to guitar wire and the tentacle maker that seemed to never be available when i needed it.......

gentlemen may i introduce you to window packers ,thats right just chat to your friendly glazier or check out builder stores.

these ones i found on site and were a bit bent so i glued them to thick plastic to level them out and those wiggly worms are the result

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0591_zpsfeae3464.jpg

hope it helps DC out

Fire Golem: i've got:

-medusan immortals

-iron hands mk.3 squad

-legion mk.3 armour

-legion mk.2 armour

-mk.3 command set

-legion champion & master of signal

-apothecaries

-umbra boltguns

-chain axes

-mk.3 power weapons

-boarding assault upgrade set

...and that's about it.

Currently it's taking a soapy bath to get rid off that icky sealant or whatever it's called.

PS: thanks for the likes, Guys!

i found it worked great with just water ,lightly dampen either side each time you put new greenstuff on and you should be fine .if not a touch of babyoil would be perfect

good luck bud

Cool, we have some of the spray baby oil so i could borrow some of that. Save on olive oil.

Good to see more progress.

As for a report, not much to tell. I've finished off 5 bodies of the White Scars, which I'll photograph soon, and made a start on 5 of my Alpha Legion marines with a metallic base coat. Just had a set of Game Air goodies arrive and my next step is to crack open the Air Brush.

That is an idea. I am not happy with the chain weapon. Could swap it for the combi bolter, and give him a sheathed sword. May be more Iron Hand like.

My gs ability isnt great, its very rough but I am learning and slowly getting better. Its about the right tools and practice.

I'd suggest putting it on a second servo-arm, but it looks like there isn't room. The strap might work though - just use a chain rather than leather, because *dead* flesh is weak.

What don't you like about the chainsword? In terms of which is more IH-esque, I'd go for the chainsword over the sword any day - it's just brutal, which always fits the Iron Tenth.

I'd suggest putting it on a second servo-arm, but it looks like there isn't room. The strap might work though - just use a chain rather than leather, because *dead* flesh is weak.

What don't you like about the chainsword? In terms of which is more IH-esque, I'd go for the chainsword over the sword any day - it's just brutal, which always fits the Iron Tenth.

Well its really a chain sabre

15020344497_b19b0d3d76.jpg

I would of course use chains. Still not sure. I could stow it under the power pack I suppose.

Here we go, just need to smooth off the rim of the gorget, and we are ready to paint.

15023506539_8ace8c8629.jpg15023503189_2d56af713e.jpg

Combi Plasma is connected by a chain to appease all servants of the Omnissiah.

I must admit, having it holstered to the shield would be an awesomely Alpha Legion thing to do...

Archived