++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

I'm going to paint a group of Iron Warriors that went over to Khrone. I'm still thinking of a paint scheme. I don't really like the idea of using a bloody red instead of dull steel and retaining the construction stripes, which seems the most obvious choice. I was also thinking about a sort of red-rusted color, but that seems to Nurgle-ly. I definitely want stripes of some sort to demark the former Iron Warriors and some sort of dull metallic tone. Any suggestions?

I'm going to paint a group of Iron Warriors that went over to Khrone. I'm still thinking of a paint scheme. I don't really like the idea of using a bloody red instead of dull steel and retaining the construction stripes, which seems the most obvious choice. I was also thinking about a sort of red-rusted color, but that seems to Nurgle-ly. I definitely want stripes of some sort to demark the former Iron Warriors and some sort of dull metallic tone. Any suggestions?

You could do the standard IW scheme but make minor changes. For instance their gauntlets could be blood red, or you could replace the black with red on the shoulder pads. Maybe do the helmets white with black lenses like skulls. Maybe normal scheme with blood splash effects, or hand drawn bloody hand prints on the shoulder pads.

There's also an old variant scheme that uses red trim instead of the normal brass/bronze/gold. That might be enough by itself.

Replace the yellow in the stripes with red? I've definitely seen that pattern on some IF terminators.

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/5888102/3/stock-photo-5888102-red-hazard-stripes.jpg

Otherwise, maybe just normal IW covered in blood? Khorne Icon? All have chainaxes instead of swords? One arm is painted red in honour of the bloody handed god Khorne?

Xenith example was use on Boltman (member of these forum) Iron Warriors he collected a good few year ago.  Not sure if there still photo of his work kicking about on the forum. 

Also might be worth checking out the Hounds of Abaddon from the Black Legion supplement for idea, something like a red strip on armour plate.  Or have sort of red hands like Night Lords.  Or check out the Uruk Hai Berzerker from Lord of the Rings.

Also the new Warhammer Vision (my copy arrive in the post today) show Phil Kelly Chaos Space Marine force, turn out to be the Iron Warriors Warpsmith from background in the Daemon codex which is cool :D 

He has the Warpsmith in a blood red armour plate lending a host of Daemonic tanks.

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the warpsmith. I really love that model!

Also, I like the red and black stripe idea. With that change I'm toying with my old idea to change the dull steel base to a rusted hue.

Edited by Oirghialla

Hmm. Is anyone else seeing the new Ad Mech models and thinking they want a Legio Cybernetica Maniple?

I was considering some of them as cultists and hellbrutes, but I dont think Im a huge fan of the smooth curves, I think Im all about hard edges for IW. The electro priests will look excellent as IW though.

Greetings Warsmiths, I'm contemplating starting an Iron Warriors force with an allied knight detachment (too many LoW and super heavies around here), but I'm curious if I should use the Crimson slaughter or black legion supplements or just use the normal CSM dex? 

Greetings Warsmiths, I'm contemplating starting an Iron Warriors force with an allied knight detachment (too many LoW and super heavies around here), but I'm curious if I should use the Crimson slaughter or black legion supplements or just use the normal CSM dex? 

As said, all down to what you want.  I know a few people who are using Daemon-kin codex, inspired by Kroeger company from Storm of Iron & just like the new Bloodthister model.

I'm using the Black Legion supplement for a small strike force while I take part in a sort of take x gamer type thing.  Try show this as sort more elite with Chosen for my troops (using Kill Team chosen unit I painted up during Call of Chaos).  While using the standard codex for core of my army & going to Throne of Skulls events.

Though I'd show photo of a recent game my Iron Warriors had vs my friend Daemonkin army yesterday. Game ended 6pts v 3pts for the Daemonkin in big guns never tier.
Just this was a epic moment for me when Lord Narach Delau, Sorcerer Nârik Gharrok, Herald of the 5th Grand Company with squad (Terminators) Proeliator led by Sevatar Rauth where in combat from turn 3 (oppent turn, I went first) after arrive by deep strike until finial turn 5 (due time). With just Sorcerer Nârik Gharrok being the last out of the unit to still be there & on a single wound.

Pretty much

- Lord Narach had slay the Daemonkin Lord in a Challenge, only for them to turn into a Bloodthirster (let them borrow my model)

- Then it was Lord Narach vs a Bloodthister in a challenge. Made over 14 Inv save, but in the end the Axe of Blind Fury had forsaken me in the last two round combat :(
- In combat there was

- Unit of Berzerker (left over after Combi Plasma the unit when my unit arrive by deep strike)

- Unit of Cultist

- Unit of Bloodletter

- Unit of Bloodcrusher

- Second Bloodthister who'd shown up from blood point after the photo was taken.

Endurance psychic power was a big help for me from Bio.
There was also great moment when my unit of two Obliterators held a bridge & object against Raptors & a unit of Daemons.  Then another Obliterators who take down a maulerfiend on turn 1 with Melta follow by hold back a unit of Possessed from turn 2-5 while on a single wound.

Photo take from my mobile phone, still getting use to this

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/11169911_817802561643976_1433065972869093593_n_zpsvqdkeqc8.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/11188373_817802544977311_3129826805507357647_n_zpsnwncrma2.jpg

Greeting fellow Warsmiths. Who from these sacred pages are pledging Iron Warriors in the ETL? I think it would be great to have a little fun and see our models involved posted in here as well as in our own threads. Also, what is your points total? Mine is 910pts, consisting of 10 CSM, 6 Chosen, 5 (counts as) 1kSons, and a Land Raider (exact wargear and loadouts can be found on page 1 of our Chaos Strategium thread). Probably an idea to keep track too, so if we're up for it I can keep a table and edit it as people pledge their Iron Warriors. 

Iron Within, Iron Without brothers!. 

ETL Participants:

Beachymike123 - 910pts

Kaldoth - 717pts

Insane Psychopath - 302pts

Iron Skull Mask - 355pts  

Warsmith Aznable - Out of competition vow

Kythnos - 160pts

Uveron: 500pts

Edit: Adding updates

Edited by Beachymike123

I've enter a unit of 4 Terminators & a Lord (Power Armour), 302pts for the ETL. 

Just due to how busy this year get (4 different commission with over 200 models get painted by Oct time & a local wargaming show this weekend for bring & buy) & general summer time - how I re-act to hot weather, already suffer three headache over the past few weeks, worst one lasting 16 hours.  Just not able to do anything for rest of the day.

I'm needing the Terminators as a possible back up unit for Throne of Skulls if I'm not able to take my Forge World unit down.  Just travel down by train, army + stuff for stay in Nottingham Friday to Monday & then all Forge World stuff bought during the ToS event weekend.

Also just lot cool conversion idea right now & help my Unbound army list.

While Lord, saw a really cool Heresy era IW Commander converted up that help inspire me to get a new Chaos era Lord painting & aim for him to be my Hero of Legend entry painting comp again down that Throne of Skulls event.

Going to pick up the parts I need during the Warhammer World open day so right now

- Horus Heresy combi weapons

- Horus Heresy Khârn the Bloody

- Horus Heresy Iron Warrior shoulder pads

- Horus Heresy Iron Hands helmet

- Horus Heresy Terminator chain-axe

- Horus Heresy Iron Father x2

Then a few event only things like the Iron Warriors t-shirt & a second event only model (FW painted as Iron Warrior).  Spend the day after the Warhammer World open day, build the Terminators models & Lord.

Apart from that lot hobby time toward getting my Dark Mechanicus army built & painted.

Greeting fellow Warsmiths. Who from these sacred pages are pledging Iron Warriors in the ETL? I think it would be great to have a little fun and see our models involved posted in here as well as in our own threads. Also, what is your points total? Mine is 910pts, consisting of 10 CSM, 6 Chosen, 5 (counts as) 1kSons, and a Land Raider (exact wargear and loadouts can be found on page 1 of our Chaos Strategium thread). Probably an idea to keep track too, so if we're up for it I can keep a table and edit it as people pledge their Iron Warriors. 

ETL Participants:

Beachymike123 - 910pts

Kaldoth - 717pts

I'm in as well painting some bikers. 2 small units with Melta and 1 Sorcerer for 355 points total.

Greeting fellow Warsmiths. Who from these sacred pages are pledging Iron Warriors in the ETL? I think it would be great to have a little fun and see our models involved posted in here as well as in our own threads.

For esprit de corps and to help encourage and inspire my fellow Warsmiths, I, Warsmith Aznable, pledge to you here in this Legion thread a painting vow concurrent with the ETL (though out of competition because I am participating with my Sisters army this year.)

For the glory of the IV Legion I will finish, paint, and present to the loyal sons of Perturabo here in this sub-community a Chaos Relic Predator with plasma destroyer and a Vindicator with siege shield, on or before the official end of this ETL.

Iron within, iron without!

That's the spirit, Warsmith Aznable. Although you're doing Sisters this year we all know deep down you're a heretic like the rest of us :tongue.: . Good with your vow though, competition only makes us Iron Warriors stronger, and what better than one of our own :wink: :biggrin.: . 

Greeting fellow Warsmiths. Who from these sacred pages are pledging Iron Warriors in the ETL? I think it would be great to have a little fun and see our models involved posted in here as well as in our own threads.

For esprit de corps and to help encourage and inspire my fellow Warsmiths, I, Warsmith Aznable, pledge to you here in this Legion thread a painting vow concurrent with the ETL (though out of competition because I am participating with my Sisters army this year.)

For the glory of the IV Legion I will finish, paint, and present to the loyal sons of Perturabo here in this sub-community a Chaos Relic Predator with plasma destroyer and a Vindicator with siege shield, on or before the official end of this ETL.

Iron within, iron without!

That sounds like a penance vow to me... Where's the penance part of it? ;) :P

Here we go

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/ironfire-ebook.html

The Horus Heresy: Ironfire

The Story

His body broken by the fall of the Schadenhold, the Iron Warriors warsmith Idriss Krendl is nonetheless far from defeated. Now commanding two of the mighty siege guns stolen from the forge world of Diamat, he seeks to redeem himself in the eyes of his primarch by bringing down the Great Selenic palace on Euphorus, and gather invaluable tactical data for the eventual assault on Terra. His plan? To utilise a strategy of his own devising – the glorious Ironfire protocol.

Read it because

Follow the continuing adventures of Iron Warriors Warsmith Idriss Krendl as he attempts to take down a giant palace with a pair of the enormous siege guns. We last met Krendl in the story The Iron Within, where he went head to head with the loyalist Dantioch. After that humiliation, he's trying to recover his reputation with an audacious plan.

I've been reading some awsome logs on the 30k forum and now I really want to do iron warriors now. It doesn't help that I a history but and love ww1 tactics and that I just started reading a book on artillery tactics. Maybe have them ally with my night lords and provide the big guns. Or I'll do them after my night lords instead of imperial fists. This thread isn't helping my urge at all.

ETL Participants:

Beachymike123 - 910pts

Kaldoth - 717pts

Insane Psychopath - 302pts

Iron Skull Mask - 355pts  

Warsmith Aznable - Out of competition vow

Add me in too, even though with only measly 160 points due to not being able to paint for most of the duration of the ETL :)

I Kythnos rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Rogue Psyker, 1 Renegade Enforcer and 10 Infantry Veterans with 2 Flamers and 1 Champion from IA 13: Renegades and Heretics of total value 160 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Stonebreakers warband and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/199456-kythnos-iron-warriors/?p=4040325